Free? That Is A Laugh.

[

You are completely full of shit if you think you can see insanity.

I worked with a guy who was an outright schizophrenic. Even when his meds were working, it was obvious the guy was a little off.

It was much scarier when his med weren't working and he started shouting randomly and wiggling his fingers at the light fixtures.

How about this. We require all gun owners to videotape their sales. That would be amusing.

Oh, so since you worked with a single crazy guy, you are qualified to decide gun dealers should go to jail for selling to someone that they HAD TO KNOW was insane?

That is pathetic.

More from the WIKI Article.

One of Holmes' psychiatrists suspected, prior to the shooting, that Holmes suffered from mental illness and could be dangerous. A month before the shooting, Dr. Lynne Fenton reported to the campus police that he had made homicidal statements.[45]Two weeks prior to the shooting, he sent a text message asking a graduate student if the student had heard of the disorder dysphoric mania, and warning the student to stay away from him "because I am bad news".[46]

This is really just common sense. When you have a gun industry determined to sell as many guns to as many people, they don't get the break when they say, "Hey, how was I supposed to know the guy with the orange hair doing the bad Heath Ledger Impersonation was up to no good when he wanted an AR-15 and a 100 Round drum Magazine?"

You are grasping at straws. The gun dealer had no way of determining the customer's sanity. The feds thought he was ok enough to own a gun.

The Feds didn't look him in the eye. The gun store owner did.

And this is my problem. I simply cannot believe anyone spent more than a few minutes with a character like Holmes and didn't realize he was nuts.

20120720__holmesmug~p1_200.jpg

If you saw a guy who looked like this, you would call the cops, notify the national guard and hide in your basement, huh?

Holmes.png

Yeah, how could he NOT know this guy was about to go on a homicidal rampage?

This is what he looked like when he went on his rampage.

article-2177881-142FBD56000005DC-890_472x480.jpg

Oh, and then you have this....

On June 25, less than a month before the shooting, Holmes emailed an application to join a gun club in Byers, Colorado. The owner, Glenn Rotkovich, called him several times throughout the following days to invite him to a mandatory orientation, but could only reach his answering machine. Due to the nature of Holmes' voice mail, which he described as "bizarre, freaky", "guttural, spoken with a deep voice, incoherent and rambling", Rotkovich instructed his staff to inform him if Holmes showed up, though Holmes neither appeared at the gun range nor called back. "In hindsight, looking back – and if I'd seen the movies – maybe I'd say it was like the Joker – I would have gotten the Joker out of it... It was like somebody was trying to be as weird as possible", Rotkovich said.[55]

Jesus Christ, man, even the guy's answering machine gave him away.

The pic you posted is his booking pic. If you had just killed those people, wouldn't you want to be seen as a psycho?

But there is no way that the gun seller could have known. They guy from the shooting club didn't. The owner only saw it in hindsight. He thought the guy was trying to be weird. No problem with that. Lots of people have a warped sense of humor. But the gun dealer didn't call him or ask about his attending costumed events. They stood at a counter, checked IDs, filled out forms, and then called the feds to get permission.

One of Holmes' psychiatrists suspected, prior to the shooting, that Holmes suffered from mental illness and could be dangerous. A month before the shooting, Dr. Lynne Fenton reported to the campus police that he had made homicidal statements.[45]Two weeks prior to the shooting, he sent a text message asking a graduate student if the student had heard of the disorder dysphoric mania, and warning the student to stay away from him "because I am bad news".[46]

And Dr Fenton did not notify law enforcement officials other than campus cops? How responsible.

[

The pic you posted is his booking pic. If you had just killed those people, wouldn't you want to be seen as a psycho?

But there is no way that the gun seller could have known. They guy from the shooting club didn't. The owner only saw it in hindsight. He thought the guy was trying to be weird. No problem with that. Lots of people have a warped sense of humor. But the gun dealer didn't call him or ask about his attending costumed events. They stood at a counter, checked IDs, filled out forms, and then called the feds to get permission.

If his fellow students, teachers, shrink, family and the guy who heard his voice mails sussed him out as a nut, it's kind of hard to believe the guys who sold him guns couldn't figure this out.

And the Fed requirements are intentionally weak because the National Rampage Association has spent the last 30 years defanging ATF. I mean, they might shoot back at Nazis or cultists or something.

And Dr Fenton did not notify law enforcement officials other than campus cops? How responsible.

Maybe she should have done more. BUt the point is, if all these other people identified him as a nut, it's kind of hard to believe that there was anything but willful ignorance on the part of the gun stores.

The gun industry is built on willful ignorance.

Throw a few of them in prison, rack up a few million in damages, they'll suddenly grow a sense of civic responsibility.

I find it amusing that you seem focused on the mass shooters, like Holmes & Lanza. Mass shootings like those are relatively rare. But you want to use them as the cornerstone for oppressive legislation. Nice.

[

If his fellow students, teachers, shrink, family and the guy who heard his voice mails sussed him out as a nut, it's kind of hard to believe the guys who sold him guns couldn't figure this out.

And the Fed requirements are intentionally weak because the National Rampage Association has spent the last 30 years defanging ATF. I mean, they might shoot back at Nazis or cultists or something.

Or union thugs?

Also, those people who KNEW that Holmes was crazy didn't do a damn thing until after he murdered people. Then they come out of the woodwork claiming they knew and doing tv interviews and talk shows. Put those assholes in prison.

The guy who sold him guns didn't know him or call him. And the gun club owner couldn't have been too worried. He called Holmes several times and was continuing to invite him to join a shooting club. If he came off as that insane, why would the guy keep trying to get him to come to a shooting club?

Maybe she should have done more. BUt the point is, if all these other people identified him as a nut, it's kind of hard to believe that there was anything but willful ignorance on the part of the gun stores.

The gun industry is built on willful ignorance.

Throw a few of them in prison, rack up a few million in damages, they'll suddenly grow a sense of civic responsibility.

First of all, many of these peopl came out after the shooting.

But most important, there is no way to know how he presented himself at the gun dealers. And putting a gun dealer in prison for failing to diagnose mental illnesses across the counter is nearly as insane as Holmes.

You are just pissed off and want to make gun people "pay". Fine. Man up and do something yourself. But expecting the government to prosecute and imprison innocent people for you is beyond nuts.

I find it amusing that you seem focused on the mass shooters, like Holmes & Lanza. Mass shootings like those are relatively rare. But you want to use them as the cornerstone for oppressive legislation. Nice.

Well, if you guys refuse to self-police, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Here's the more important question. Why isn't the gun industry doing something to prevent more Holmes and Lanza's?

For instance, after Holmes rampage, the theaters made a lot of changes. They put together videos telling people what to do if they see a patron acting strangely and how to effectively exit the theater in case of an incident. They put up new rules about people coming into the place wearing masks, which I'm sure was bad for the Cosplayers...

Superheroines.jpg

"I'm afraid we are going to have to frisk you girls!"

The gun shops. NOpe. they didn't change how they did business, and they ran to Congress to make sure they didn't change how they did business, either.

Well, if you guys refuse to self-police, you have no one to blame but yourselves.

Here's the more important question. Why isn't the gun industry doing something to prevent more Holmes and Lanza's?

For instance, after Holmes rampage, the theaters made a lot of changes. They put together videos telling people what to do if they see a patron acting strangely and how to effectively exit the theater in case of an incident. They put up new rules about people coming into the place wearing masks, which I'm sure was bad for the Cosplayers...

Superheroines.jpg

"I'm afraid we are going to have to frisk you girls!"

The gun shops. NOpe. they didn't change how they did business, and they ran to Congress to make sure they didn't change how they did business, either.

Because the gun shops didn't do anything wrong. They followed the rules. It was Holmes who committed the crimes.

And knee-jerk reactions based on emotional nonsense is not the best way to solve problems.

The Holmes and Lanza's are rare. Creating a lot of rules and systems for dealing with them is ridiculous.

You are simply being played by the media. Your argument about your "friend" with the son who killed himself was a better argument, and that wasn't much of one.

Because the gun shops didn't do anything wrong. They followed the rules. It was Holmes who committed the crimes.

Uh, yeah, they did do something wrong.

They sold a gun to someone who went out and killed a bunch of people.

They sold a gun to someone they had no way of knowing was planning to do that. This idea you have that he walked around with a sign on his forehead proclaiming his lunacy is simply bullshit.

Besides, this sort of shooting is rare. More people die on bicycles in one year than by crazed mass shooting in 10 years.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back