Free? That Is A Laugh.

[

I obviously know more about the mechanics of firearms than you do.

And no, if he had used black-powder revolvers he could have done the same thing. He could have loaded 3 or 4 of them, hid them under his coat, and used them to eliminate the teachers. So your "common sense gun laws" could have had absolutely no effect on that event.

Those teachers would have mobbed him if he wasn't carrying so much firepower.

[

No, we do not. We make the murderer pay for his actions. The gun dealer asked the federal gov't for permission to sell the person that gun. The permission was granted by the federal gov't. So the gun dealer is not liable. If you want to send the federal gov't to prison, feel free to give that a shot.

And what is this "spirit of the law" crap? Law is not about spirit. It is the legally defined acts you can be prosecuted for.

The gun seller does not violate any "spirit of the law". That is just your way of saying he didn't actually break the law, but you want to prosecute him anyway. It is bullshit and no judge in the nation worth a shit would allow it.

Actually, the "spirit of the law" is, you don't sell a gun and a 100 round magazine to the guy who thinks he's The Joker.

Which apparently someone did.

I don't care how many forms he filled out. He should know better.

I have asked you over and over, but you refuse to answer. Exactly HOW would he have known better. They didn't wear the costume in to buy the gun. A gun seller doesn't know these people. He knows what they put on the form, the ID they are required to show, and the answer the federal gov't gives.

Tell me, HOW does the gun seller know who is crazy?

[

I obviously know more about the mechanics of firearms than you do.

And no, if he had used black-powder revolvers he could have done the same thing. He could have loaded 3 or 4 of them, hid them under his coat, and used them to eliminate the teachers. So your "common sense gun laws" could have had absolutely no effect on that event.

Those teachers would have mobbed him if he wasn't carrying so much firepower.

Bullshit. If they could have mobbed him when he was carrying 3 or 4 revolvers, they could have mobbed him when he had the AR. In fact, the revolvers provide greater impact and more spray of burning gun powder, which would be debilitating at close range.

I have asked you over and over, but you refuse to answer. Exactly HOW would he have known better. They didn't wear the costume in to buy the gun. A gun seller doesn't know these people. He knows what they put on the form, the ID they are required to show, and the answer the federal gov't gives.

You really work on the assumption I care if he should know.

I don't.

I'm looking for nice, easy to hang scapegoats. People to make examples of. Skulls to stick on posts as a warning to the next guy.

If you don't know the guy, you have no business selling him a military grade weapon and a 100 round magazine.

Everyone in Joker Holmes life knew he was nuts. Except the guy who sold him the AR-15 and the 100 round magazine.

[

Bullshit. If they could have mobbed him when he was carrying 3 or 4 revolvers, they could have mobbed him when he had the AR. In fact, the revolvers provide greater impact and more spray of burning gun powder, which would be debilitating at close range.

I'm sure why you spend your life thinking about mass slaughters... if the guy hadn't been able to get a gun to start with, no dead kids.

This really isn't fucking complicated.

You really work on the assumption I care if he should know.

I don't.

I'm looking for nice, easy to hang scapegoats. People to make examples of. Skulls to stick on posts as a warning to the next guy.

If you don't know the guy, you have no business selling him a military grade weapon and a 100 round magazine.

Everyone in Joker Holmes life knew he was nuts. Except the guy who sold him the AR-15 and the 100 round magazine.

Yes, I know you are looking for scapegoats. But you are trying to make it sound as if the gun seller knew he was crazy and sold him a gun anyway. The seller wasn't in Joker Holmes life. The fact that everyone else ignored the lunatic is where you should focus.

This strategy is completely insane.

[

I'm sure why you spend your life thinking about mass slaughters... if the guy hadn't been able to get a gun to start with, no dead kids.

I don't spend my life think about mass slaughters. You brought it up, numb-nuts. You have brought up the shooting over and over and over and over. Now suddenly you are accusing me of thinking about mass slaughters? lmao

You truly need professional help.

Yeah, if you could wave your magic wand and make all the guns disappear, you might save some lives, but you would cost lives as well. Your argument is nonsense. The fact that he had an AR was not why he did so much damage. The same damage could have been done with a number of non-tactical weapons. Look at what Charles Whitman did with non-tactical weapons.

[

Actually, it IS complicated. It is only simple when you are an idiot and choose to ignore the consequences of your actions.

There are many, many times that people use firearms to protect themselves or stop crimes. You want to put innocent citizens at the mercy of thugs, with only their local police to help them. You want to rely on a restraining order to keep a stalked woman alive. You want to bankrupt state conservation efforts and deny food banks and soup kitchens 1.9 million servings of lean, steroid free protein.

No, it is not simple. There are pros and cons to be considered. Basing your policy on a desire to hang scapegoats and the claim that banning guns would stop someone from committing suicide is what is simple. It is simply bullshit.

Joe, I hear what you are saying.

However, gun stores exist to fulfill fantasies of the gun buyers. Gun sellers are there to make money by selling weapons and ammo.
They don't care who they sell to as long as the paperwork is filled out and some sort or acceptable id is presented. And they have the money.

If this country is not to concerned with kids getting their young hands on guns and shooting themselves, then we sure as fuck are not going to have gun store employees making a judgement call on whether or not a gun buyer is sane.

This entire obsession on guns is enough to make me wonder why in the hell the founders of this country put that shit in the COTUS. And wish they hadn't. Or had at least used more concise language as to what their real purpose and intent was.

I am reasonably sure they (founding fathers) never expected the craziness over guns that exists now. Complete waste of time arguing the same gun bullshit over and over and over and over................

Yea, I think the Founding Fathers would do a re write if they could.

[

Yes, I know you are looking for scapegoats. But you are trying to make it sound as if the gun seller knew he was crazy and sold him a gun anyway. The seller wasn't in Joker Holmes life. The fact that everyone else ignored the lunatic is where you should focus.

This strategy is completely insane.

Well, yeah, except it would totally work.

What do you think happens when a gun seller goes to prison because he sold the Massacre Gun? Or if that became a common thing?

Betcha the gun industry sets up their own version of E-Verify to identify the bad actors.

Hey winterborn. How many crimes against yourself have you stopped with your guns?
Your friends? Just curious.

I don't know that any of my friends have stopped a crime with their guns.

I did just read where a guy in a Circle K store stopped a robbery because he confronted the robber with his gun.
Then he let the robber go. Then the robber went down the street and robbed another store.

What kind of gun justice is that? Are you supposed to use your gun to stop a crime then let the criminal go so they can rob someone else. Nice eh?

[

Actually, it IS complicated. It is only simple when you are an idiot and choose to ignore the consequences of your actions.

There are many, many times that people use firearms to protect themselves or stop crimes. You want to put innocent citizens at the mercy of thugs, with only their local police to help them. You want to rely on a restraining order to keep a stalked woman alive. You want to bankrupt state conservation efforts and deny food banks and soup kitchens 1.9 million servings of lean, steroid free protein.

No, it is not simple. There are pros and cons to be considered. Basing your policy on a desire to hang scapegoats and the claim that banning guns would stop someone from committing suicide is what is simple. It is simply bullshit.

Guy, other countries ban or limit gun ownership. They have nowhere near our crime rates, they don't have mass shootings every other week.

And sorry, as I said on another thread.

If there really are 100,000 "Defensive Gun Uses" how come there are only 200 gun deaths that are ruled 'justifiable'.

I mean you and Turtlewax and ChrisLooney and Spambot get on here every day and tell us about your fucking snuff fantasies and how you just can't wait to plug a bad guy.

Yet, oddly, here you have the supposed 100,000 people a year (or if you want to believe the clowns like Kleck, 2.5 MILLION) who are pointing a gun at a bad guy during a crime and only 200 of you actually manage to live the dream.

However, gun stores exist to fulfill fantasies of the gun buyers. Gun sellers are there to make money by selling weapons and ammo.
They don't care who they sell to as long as the paperwork is filled out and some sort or acceptable id is presented. And they have the money.

If this country is not to concerned with kids getting their young hands on guns and shooting themselves, then we sure as fuck are not going to have gun store employees making a judgement call on whether or not a gun buyer is sane.

This entire obsession on guns is enough to make me wonder why in the hell the founders of this country put that shit in the COTUS. And wish they hadn't. Or had at least used more concise language as to what their real purpose and intent was.

I am reasonably sure they (founding fathers) never expected the craziness over guns that exists now. Complete waste of time arguing the same gun bullshit over and over and over and over................

Zeke, I see you still haven't answered the question I asked you the last time you popped into this thread. What a surprise.

Oh, and since you seem woefully ignorant about the procedures for buying a gun in a gun store, let me help you out.

First of all, yes, they do have to fill out the paperwork. And yes, they do have to present a valid ID. There are few IDs that are considered valid for this transaction.

Then, the dealer must call the NICS to get approval to sell the gun. The database for the NICS is supposed to have all those who have committed a felony, been convicted of domestic abuse, renounced their citizenship, received a dishonorable discharge, and people who have been adjudicated mental defective or involuntarily committed to a mental institution or incompetent to handle own affairs, including dispositions to criminal charges of found not guilty by reason of insanity or found incompetent to stand trial.

Only when the gun seller has received expressed permission from the federal gov't, in the form of approval to sell from the NICS, is the dealer able to sell the customer a firearm.

So the gun store employee does not make a judgement about whether or not someone is sane. They have no way of doing so.

Hey winterborn. How many crimes against yourself have you stopped with your guns?
Your friends? Just curious.

I don't know that any of my friends have stopped a crime with their guns.

I did just read where a guy in a Circle K store stopped a robbery because he confronted the robber with his gun.
Then he let the robber go. Then the robber went down the street and robbed another store.

What kind of gun justice is that? Are you supposed to use your gun to stop a crime then let the criminal go so they can rob someone else. Nice eh?

I'm sorry, should we just fold up and hand over the money to save someone else from being robbed?

[

Guy, other countries ban or limit gun ownership. They have nowhere near our crime rates, they don't have mass shootings every other week.

And sorry, as I said on another thread.

If there really are 100,000 "Defensive Gun Uses" how come there are only 200 gun deaths that are ruled 'justifiable'.

I mean you and Turtlewax and ChrisLooney and Spambot get on here every day and tell us about your fucking snuff fantasies and how you just can't wait to plug a bad guy.

Yet, oddly, here you have the supposed 100,000 people a year (or if you want to believe the clowns like Kleck, 2.5 MILLION) who are pointing a gun at a bad guy during a crime and only 200 of you actually manage to live the dream.

And, as I said on this thread and the other, other countries don't have our crime rates that do not involve firearms. They do not have nearly as many stabbings, beatings, rapes (not involving guns) and other acts of violence. For whatever reason, the US is a violent place. Blaming it all on guns is simply ignorant.

[

And, as I said on this thread and the other, other countries don't have our crime rates that do not involve firearms. They do not have nearly as many stabbings, beatings, rapes (not involving guns) and other acts of violence. For whatever reason, the US is a violent place. Blaming it all on guns is simply ignorant.

Guns are a large part of the problem with rapes, robberies and other crimes. A gun gives a crook instant courage.

Do we have more of other kinds of murders? Yes. Are guns the only cause? Nope.

Would limiting who can get a gun in a meaningful way reduce the crime rate. Yes.

LMAO......this guy talking about "fantasies"!!!:biggrin::biggrin::beer:

fringe thinking is gay s0n!!! Nobody cares abut the philosophy of the fringe elements. They don't matter.:boobies::boobies::eusa_dance:

Gallup Poll Support for gun control is waning opposition to handgun ban at all-time high

:2up:74%:2up:

[

Guns are a large part of the problem with rapes, robberies and other crimes. A gun gives a crook instant courage.

Do we have more of other kinds of murders? Yes. Are guns the only cause? Nope.

Would limiting who can get a gun in a meaningful way reduce the crime rate. Yes.

Limiting who can get a gun MIGHT reduce crime. It would certainly make more victims.

Forum List

Back