Free? That Is A Laugh.

Winter......you're debating an uber-social oddball here. You remember them in grade school......always picked last for the team but when the teacher brought up the homework assignment, these types jumped out of their shorts to raise their hand all the way to the ceiling, answered the question then took bows.

Dollar to a thousand stale donuts this thread will end someday and his post will be the last = "I win!!"

When your sentiments are fringe, it the only approach you can have.:coffee:

The gun industry is not putting that 1% out of business. Therefore, complicate.

And yes, 32,000 gun deaths, 78,000 gun injuries and 300,000 crimes committed with guns does nullify the imaginary 100,000 DGU's.

It is not the gun industry's job to do that. It also does not say HOW those guns went from dealer to criminal.

First time a gun seller goes to prison as an accessory to Murder, they'll MAKE it their business.

First time a gun manufacturer pays out an 8 figure settlement to the families of preschoolers, they'll make it their business.

The Tobacco Industry didn't change it's behavior because it was the "right thing to do". It changed when it's business practices started costing them money.

There is a huge difference between the tobacco industry and the firearm industry. Namely that, when used properly, tobacco kills. In order to kill someone with a firearm you must break the law.

Now, as I have said numerous times, if a gun seller breaks the law they should pay. But when they abide by all the rules, regulations and laws, they do not go to jail. This is one part of your diatribe that you will never see come to pass.

Winter......you're debating an uber-social oddball here. You remember them in grade school......always picked last for the team but when the teacher brought up the homework assignment, these types jumped out of their shorts to raise their hand all the way to the ceiling, answered the question then took bows.

Dollar to a thousand stale donuts this thread will end someday and his post will be the last = "I win!!"

When your sentiments are fringe, it the only approach you can have.:coffee:

I have been amused that he was so thoroughly beaten and humiliated in the last thread that he bailed out. But then he brings up the same arguments in a new thread. Like it will work the second time?

Yes, JoeyB is a loser, a liar, and a spiteful human being. But he is entertaining. Debating him (such as his debates are) is easy enough that it is relaxing.

[

There is a huge difference between the tobacco industry and the firearm industry. Namely that, when used properly, tobacco kills. In order to kill someone with a firearm you must break the law.

Now, as I have said numerous times, if a gun seller breaks the law they should pay. But when they abide by all the rules, regulations and laws, they do not go to jail. This is one part of your diatribe that you will never see come to pass.

Guy, we throw people in prison for shit they didn't do or things that were no big deal all the time. And frankly, I'd even argue it has a positive effect. You don't even want to be on the Police's radar!

Toss a few gun store owners into the big house with their favorite customers, the rest of them WILL clean up their acts.

[
I have been amused that he was so thoroughly beaten and humiliated in the last thread that he bailed out. But then he brings up the same arguments in a new thread. Like it will work the second time?

Yes, JoeyB is a loser, a liar, and a spiteful human being. But he is entertaining. Debating him (such as his debates are) is easy enough that it is relaxing.

Yeah, only in your own mind. But your new Girlfriend Spambot is stroking your ego. No one else pays attention to him...

[

Guy, we throw people in prison for shit they didn't do or things that were no big deal all the time. And frankly, I'd even argue it has a positive effect. You don't even want to be on the Police's radar!

Toss a few gun store owners into the big house with their favorite customers, the rest of them WILL clean up their acts.

Correction, we do not intentionally throw people in jail without them having broken a law. That we convict people by mistake is completely different than what you are suggesting, and you know it.

[

Yeah, only in your own mind. But your new Girlfriend Spambot is stroking your ego. No one else pays attention to him...

Funny, I have had more Agree with my posts in this thread than any I have participated in. So it is not just one person who sees you for what you are. Quite a few have posted basically the same thing in this thread and the NRA one.

[

Correction, we do not intentionally throw people in jail without them having broken a law. That we convict people by mistake is completely different than what you are suggesting, and you know it.

what, are you naive? Do you really think our whole system isn't based on keeping "those people" in their place by randomly throwing them in jail for petty or non-existence offenses? Of course not.

When we administer justice without any respect of class or wealth, then you have a fair system.

Until the, I have no problem making a very public example out of assholes who are contributing to the public misery.

[

Wow, Joe. You're on a tear lately. Are you 'off meds' or something?

[

what, are you naive? Do you really think our whole system isn't based on keeping "those people" in their place by randomly throwing them in jail for petty or non-existence offenses? Of course not.

When we administer justice without any respect of class or wealth, then you have a fair system.

Until the, I have no problem making a very public example out of assholes who are contributing to the public misery.

Give me one example of someone intentionally being sent to prison without breaking a law and without claiming they broke a law?

Yes, there are inequities in our legal system. I will not argue that. But the solution is certainly not demanding that law abiding citizens be jailed to try and make a point. That is absolute lunacy.

[

Funny, I have had more Agree with my posts in this thread than any I have participated in. So it is not just one person who sees you for what you are. Quite a few have posted basically the same thing in this thread and the NRA one.

Wow... okay. Except most of your agrees come from Chris L, TurtleWax and Spambot.

I have a variety of them. My point is that you seem to be well known for the same antics you pulled in our discussions.

Now, if you would like to stay on the topic, rather than go with this childish nonsense about girlfriends, I am happy to oblige.

Last edited:
Give me one example of someone intentionally being sent to prison without breaking a law and without claiming they broke a law?

Yes, there are inequities in our legal system. I will not argue that. But the solution is certainly not demanding that law abiding citizens be jailed to try and make a point. That is absolute lunacy.

No, lunacy is letting Adam Lanza mow down preschoolers because you think some slave rapist 200 years ago wanted you to have a military grade weapon.

Make an example out of a few people, you change behaviors. It's how we reduced drunk driving. it's how we curbed smoking.

No, lunacy is letting Adam Lanza mow down preschoolers because you think some slave rapist 200 years ago wanted you to have a military grade weapon.

Make an example out of a few people, you change behaviors. It's how we reduced drunk driving. it's how we curbed smoking.

Did we reduce drunk driving by putting sober drivers in jail? Or by putting car dealers in jail?

Your point is still insane. You want to imprison people for following the law. That is absolutely crazy. It will never happen.

Do you not think Lanza could have done the same thing without almost military grade weapons (actual military grade weapons would have been automatics) With a few old west 6 shooters and a machete he could have done the same thing. All he actually had to do was shoot the teachers. The kids would not have been able to fight back. So your comparison is, like most of your posts, nonsense.

[

Did we reduce drunk driving by putting sober drivers in jail? Or by putting car dealers in jail?

Your point is still insane. You want to imprison people for following the law. That is absolutely crazy. It will never happen.

No, we reduce drunk driving by taking the guy who blew a .08 and was barely intoxicated and making his life absolutely fucking miserable.

We reduce gun violence by taking the guy who sold a gun to a criminal by clinging to the letter of the law while ignoring the spirit of the law and making his life absolutely fucking miserable.

YOu sell a gun that was used in a murder, guess what, you own it.

Do you not think Lanza could have done the same thing without almost military grade weapons (actual military grade weapons would have been automatics) With a few old west 6 shooters and a machete he could have done the same thing. All he actually had to do was shoot the teachers. The kids would not have been able to fight back. So your comparison is, like most of your posts, nonsense.
Point was, if Nancy hadn't had her Anti-Zombie Arsenal, the teachers would have smacked creepy little Adam upside the head when he showed up at the door.

[

No, we reduce drunk driving by taking the guy who blew a .08 and was barely intoxicated and making his life absolutely fucking miserable.

We reduce gun violence by taking the guy who sold a gun to a criminal by clinging to the letter of the law while ignoring the spirit of the law and making his life absolutely fucking miserable.

YOu sell a gun that was used in a murder, guess what, you own it.

No, we do not. We make the murderer pay for his actions. The gun dealer asked the federal gov't for permission to sell the person that gun. The permission was granted by the federal gov't. So the gun dealer is not liable. If you want to send the federal gov't to prison, feel free to give that a shot.

And what is this "spirit of the law" crap? Law is not about spirit. It is the legally defined acts you can be prosecuted for.

The gun seller does not violate any "spirit of the law". That is just your way of saying he didn't actually break the law, but you want to prosecute him anyway. It is bullshit and no judge in the nation worth a shit would allow it.

Point was, if Nancy hadn't had her Anti-Zombie Arsenal, the teachers would have smacked creepy little Adam upside the head when he showed up at the door.

I obviously know more about the mechanics of firearms than you do.

And no, if he had used black-powder revolvers he could have done the same thing. He could have loaded 3 or 4 of them, hid them under his coat, and used them to eliminate the teachers. So your "common sense gun laws" could have had absolutely no effect on that event.

[

No, we do not. We make the murderer pay for his actions. The gun dealer asked the federal gov't for permission to sell the person that gun. The permission was granted by the federal gov't. So the gun dealer is not liable. If you want to send the federal gov't to prison, feel free to give that a shot.

And what is this "spirit of the law" crap? Law is not about spirit. It is the legally defined acts you can be prosecuted for.

The gun seller does not violate any "spirit of the law". That is just your way of saying he didn't actually break the law, but you want to prosecute him anyway. It is bullshit and no judge in the nation worth a shit would allow it.

Actually, the "spirit of the law" is, you don't sell a gun and a 100 round magazine to the guy who thinks he's The Joker.

Which apparently someone did.

I don't care how many forms he filled out. He should know better.

Forum List

Back