Free Speech? Whats that?

Link? Everything mentioned in the OP are personal attacks, on both Democrats and Republicans.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Link? For what? Is that you needing to sate your inferior talking points? The majority of his insults were directed at Obama administration officials, you don't always need links to the obvious, Doc.

You claimed he was fired for "criticizing the government". I said he was fired for insulting his co-workers and bosses.

Everything that's been shown has been a personal insult, not a political criticism.

If they are government employees he was within his rights.

Yeah it does. If I had money I'd bet you a hundred bucks that if he had bashed John Boehner or Mitch McConnell... maybe some other Republicans, the White House would have been quiet.

It's hypocritical.

He called Sarah Palin "trailer trash". That good enough for your straw man?

No it isn't. It isn't even good enough for yours. Sarah Palin is a public figure and can be parodied. Reference Obama referencing her when he made his infamous 'lipstick on a pig' statement.

No one is claiming he broke any laws, so the "parody" defense doesn't really apply.

Free Speech means you can't be criminally prosecuted for your speech.

This guy isn't being prosecuted for his speech.

Don't you government folks ever practice deductive reasoning skills at any point? If you were, you would know that anyone who is opposed to Obama isn't a democrat. Anyone who is opposed to Obama could be a Republican. Anyone who is opposed to both Obama and Palin could be a liberatarian or a neo conservative.

Please.

Your statement is provably false. I'm a Democrat, and I don't support Obama, and never have.

There are millions more just like me.

That is a disassociation fallacy, Doc. An argument based on innocence by dissociation.

No, it's not.

You made a claim that all Democrats are Obama supporters.

The fact that I am a Democrat, and do not support Obama, proves your ridiculous generalization wrong.

Link? Everything mentioned in the OP are personal attacks, on both Democrats and Republicans.

Link? For what? Is that you needing to sate your inferior talking points? The majority of his insults were directed at Obama administration officials, you don't always need links to the obvious, Doc.

You claimed he was fired for "criticizing the government". I said he was fired for insulting his co-workers and bosses.

Everything that's been shown has been a personal insult, not a political criticism.

Question:

Did he mention Obama anywhere? He the boss isn't he? Funny I don't see that anywhere in his tweets.

His account was shut down. That is not legal for the government to do.

You should have read the posted article:

Tweeting from the handle @natsecwonk, Jofi Joseph had been slamming the administration from Feb. 2011 until last week when the White House found out about it and shut down the account

its legal if the employee and employer had a contract stating that they will not discuss or comment on admistration policies or officials in anyway while employed by the White House.

Your statement is provably false. I'm a Democrat, and I don't support Obama, and never have.

There are millions more just like me.

That is a disassociation fallacy, Doc. An argument based on innocence by dissociation.

No, it's not.

The fact that I am a Democrat, and do not support Obama, proves your ridiculous generalization wrong.

I have seen many closet liberals before, Doc, you remind me of one.

No one has said he didn't have the right to post whatever he wanted.

I have the "right" to tell my boss to go fuck himself, too.

Do you work for the government?

I have a very strong feeling the AFGE will take this one on if asked.

I do hope you are not driving and posting. There are people out there who do not deserve to die in an automobile crash.

Last edited:

No, it's not.

I am Most certainly not a "closet liberal". I am probably the most "liberal" guy you've ever met.

Obama is too far to the right for me.

Obama's the boss here. But somehow this guy's political opinions/insults got him fired.

Obama's the boss here. But somehow this guy's political opinions/insults got him fired.

Yeah, exactly.

I'd be fired too, if I told my boss to go fuck himself.

Free speech has consequences.

No, it's not.

I am Most certainly not a "closet liberal". I am probably the most "liberal" guy you've ever met.

That's probably the most laughable thing I've heard, Doc. "Obama is too far to the right for me." So what are you then? A Neo Liberal?

That's probably the most laughable thing I've heard, Doc. "Obama is too far to the right for me." So what are you then? A Neo Liberal?

There isn't really a word for what I am.

Yeah, exactly.

Name someone else who has been fired for such speech about a government employee.

Now, while you scour the web, I'm going to bathe and wash my hair.

Good evening, Dr. Porkchop.

Sarah Palin is a public figure. Parodying a public figure is perfectly legal. And the government does not have the right to shut a person down on the internet for it.

No one has been "shut down on the Internet".

His account was shut down. That is not legal for the government to do.

You should have read the posted article:

Tweeting from the handle @natsecwonk, Jofi Joseph had been slamming the administration from Feb. 2011 until last week when the White House found out about it and shut down the account

Then perhaps he was using a government email address for his Twitter account. He should have been using a private one.

It's sort of like using a company car for personal business, got it?

Yeah, exactly.

He didn't tell Obama to go fuck himself... sigh, please read the link before any further commentary. It is quite clear you didn't read the link in it's entirety.

And lets get one thing straight here, I am in no way defending his insults. I don't like people who make such outrageous statements about women. But like you said before, people have the first amendment right to insult people too.

But hey, he insults Sarah Palin, everyone claps... if he insults Valerie Jarrett he's gone.

Yeah, exactly.

Name someone else who has been fired for such speech about a government employee.

Now, while you scour the web, I'm going to bathe and wash my hair.

Good evening, Dr. Porkchop.

Samantha Powers was fired from the Obama campaign in 2008 for saying derogatory things about Hillary Clinton to an Irish newspaper reporter.

Soak your head while you're washing your hair.

There isn't really a word for what I am.

That is a dodge.

Forum List

Back