Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

Gale force winds have occurred in that harbour.
Todays winds would greatly effect a disabled ship
Not 7/8 mph . Gale force winds occur up and down the east coast 150 miles inland so irrelevant insertion there . Issue is all stations near that area were 6/7/8 mph at time of accident
Time for you to ride another horse.
Also and in addition, winds ranged ene to ese in the predawn hours. Any southerly component would have served to have an undetermined push on the boat back to the n-nw or slowed southerly progress Instead it proceeded south and as if pushed by northerly-northwesterly winds which did not exist
I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy but I now think we do not have a slam dunk accurate conclusion anymore.

The key to that sentence is DEAD IN THE WATER. The Dali was not dead in the water until after she hit the bridge.

Military floating bridges are limited in capacity. Typically, only one heavy vehicle is allowed on them at a time. Plus a floating bridge would totally block the harbor.
That is correct. The boat was Never motionless

Well duhhhhhhh captain crunch!

And again!

If rudder had been applied when power went down the ship would have responded to its rudder.

(unless the hydraulics program didn't call for neutral rudder.)

Every time you say something stupid I'm going to keel haul your ass!
In a propeller driven ship, losing engine power = no steering ability. It can drift the course it was on for a while, but the captain has no control to change course.

Not 7/8 mph . Gale force winds occur up and down the east coast 150 miles inland so irrelevant insertion there . Issue is all stations near that area were 6/7/8 mph at time of accident
Also and in addition, winds ranged ene to ese in the predawn hours. Any southerly component would have served to have an undetermined push on the boat back to the n-nw or slowed southerly progress Instead it proceeded south and as if pushed by northerly-northwesterly winds which did not exist
I’m not saying it’s a conspiracy but I now think we do not have a slam dunk accurate conclusion anymore.
n-nw or n by nw is not a compass direction.

See a compass card.

You bonehead!

It wasn't dead in the water. It was still doing 8 knots. That's enough speed for the rudder to have influence. With no power they couldn't change the rudder's position.
It was indeed dead in the water and adrift. The rudder will have no impact with no prop thrust. This is just basic power boating stuff.

The captain / pilot lost command of the vessel. Losing command in this case does not mean the crew conducted a mutiny.

The term “vessel not under command” means a vessel which through some exceptional circumstance is unable to manoeuvre as required by these Rules and is therefore unable to keep out of the way of another vessel.

The key to that sentence is DEAD IN THE WATER. The Dali was not dead in the water until after she hit the bridge….
It was dead in the water when it lost engine power. It hit the bridge because it was dead in the water and the captain lost command of the vessel.

n-nw or n by nw is not a compass direction.

See a compass card.

You bonehead!
What it the world does the fact that hurricane force winds do occur inland, like every 10 years up this way, have to do with this March incident? Also peak gusts are not what indexes a hurricane but rather sustained winds
Moderators this flailing troll needs a time out

It was dead in the water when it lost engine power. It hit the bridge because it was dead in the water and the captain lost command of the vessel. water stopped or motionless
Dead in water means stopped or motionless
I believe there are other words for inoperable
It was moving when it collided

Dead in water means stopped or motionless
I believe there are other words for inoperable
It was moving when it collided
No, it does not. It means a boat has no engine power and is adrift. The ship was helplessly adrift and dead in the water when the current forced it into the bridge.

A motor vessel with no engine power is considered dead in the water whether it is moving with the current or anchored in a safe place.

Last edited:
:)

1711746491685.png

Wait, is this the bridge Joe Biden claims he took daily on the commuter train to DC from Delaware?

It NEVER HAD ANY RAILROAD TRACKS.

How did Joe take a train over a bridge with no train tracks?

You lefties should probably fact check me and then call me a MAGA RACIST or some inane shit like that.

What does the crew have to say?
Are they going to play Another “two years to know” game.
The ship ran into a bridge. What’s the story?

IDK......they will have to cook something up....

like they always do.....;)

Wait, is this the bridge Joe Biden claims he took daily on the commuter train to DC from Delaware?

It NEVER HAD ANY RAILROAD TRACKS.

How did Joe take a train over a bridge with no train tracks?

You lefties should probably fact check me and then call me a MAGA RACIST or some inane shit like that.
His realities is not reality

The Dali ship’s black box has 2 minutes of missing data right before it crashed​

At around 2:15

Forum List

Back