Fracking

Fracking is a wonderful thing!

I wouldn't exactly call it win-win, but it is pretty damn sweet.

The thing is, industry has proven itself capable of complying with government imposed rules regulations and restrictions since the 1800's. And in the process, oil and natural gas companies have developed technology that rivals NASA.

You want to bake some bread, sure you're going to spill some flour. But (and that's a big butt) the successes and benefits by far outweigh any setbacks.

Unlike agriculture. Ag couldn't exist without massive amounts of hydrocarbon input.
Ag couldn't exist without continually fouling the environment - polluting our air, ground, and water.

Yet the public is silent. Government is silent.

They are paid to pollute. Agriculture is paid to produce, they are paid to not produce, they are paid when the weather goes south, they are granted floor prices. They are allowed insurance against non-production.

Who is fucking who?

These whackjobs don't understand permeability and porosity, H. If you broke it down to as simple as 1+1 = 2, they still wouldn't get it. They don't understand that casing for is run through the drilled section of the water table.

Not only casing but the casing in encased in concrete, which seals it in the bedrock and the fracking occurs thousand of feet below that.

Exactly and the fracturing may extend out from the lateral 400, 500 feet which still leaves thousands of feet unfractured. The gas has no way of escaping beyond the fracture due to the composition of the bedrock.

I have personally sat at a well head as fracking was being done, people don't understand the technology involved. They can actually do real time 3D mapping of the area being fracked through acoustical and seismic sensors.

Not only casing but the casing in encased in concrete, which seals it in the bedrock and the fracking occurs thousand of feet below that.

Exactly and the fracturing may extend out from the lateral 400, 500 feet which still leaves thousands of feet unfractured. The gas has no way of escaping beyond the fracture due to the composition of the bedrock.

I have personally sat at a well head as fracking was being done, people don't understand the technology involved. They can actually do real time 3D mapping of the area being fracked through acoustical and seismic sensors.

And THIS ^ is what many hope for the state of Illinois. Yet there are a very few uninformed radical extremist elements as well as legislators who are hell-bent on preventing it.

Why?

Beats the fuck of me.

My question is how has Fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, Yet the oil companies trudge on. For people who support this madness, your reason must be because it creates jobs. But I think we all know this is a corporate lie to win the hearts of the gulable. the human race can live without oil. The only people who cannot (because of there excessive greed) is the oil companies.
As I all hope you know most of these oil companies also have a connection to a media source of some kind. All they have to do is tell the world that oil/natural gas ect. creates jobs, or is the safest energy source or is finding new, cleaner technologies ;and then we are satisfied. As you have seen on that link and the other hundreds of videos is one thing; Fracking ain't good. Poisoning America's water far beyond what any living soul should encounter. If you watch the movie Gasland and other videos/articles you will see. They government doesn't care for us folks. I am very sorry to say. I love my country, but not when corporations are running it. Don't rely on your senator or represenetive or president too fix our problems, do it your self. Think for yourself people.
I wasn't aware that fracking was all that noisy unless you are on the well site....

Be that as it may, you have been mislead.

Do you know why some towns are called "Burning Springs" or how some are called, "Fire Lake"?

Prior to Fracking, did you know that there are creeks and streams and even small ponds that can and have caught fire!?

Because the natural gas seeps out of the ground and often does so through the water aquifers.

The stories you hear of peoples water being contaminated are overblown and made to seem like they are happening everywhere.

I will admit that some people have had their water destroyed, and for that, the oil and gas companies should be forced to clean it up and pay a hefty restitution to the owners.

However, it is NOT widespread as you have been led to believe. I live right in the heart of the Marcellus Shale and I see wells being opened about every other week. Its kind of neat to see them 'light' one up and burn off the excess pressure.

However, no ones water has been destroyed in this area and the accidents that have happened, are the kinds of accidents that happen in any heavy industry.

Take a chill pill and do some research.

My question is how has Fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, Yet the oil companies trudge on. For people who support this madness, your reason must be because it creates jobs. But I think we all know this is a corporate lie to win the hearts of the gulable. the human race can live without oil. The only people who cannot (because of there excessive greed) is the oil companies.
As I all hope you know most of these oil companies also have a connection to a media source of some kind. All they have to do is tell the world that oil/natural gas ect. creates jobs, or is the safest energy source or is finding new, cleaner technologies ;and then we are satisfied. As you have seen on that link and the other hundreds of videos is one thing; Fracking ain't good. Poisoning America's water far beyond what any living soul should encounter. If you watch the movie Gasland and other videos/articles you will see. They government doesn't care for us folks. I am very sorry to say. I love my country, but not when corporations are running it. Don't rely on your senator or represenetive or president too fix our problems, do it your self. Think for yourself people.

They should turn fracking down to a more reasonable volume.

Here's an article you folks might want to read on the subject.

"In the film's signature moment Mike Markham, a landowner, ignites his tap water. The film leaves the viewer with the false impression that the flaming tap water is a result of natural gas drilling. However, according to the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission, which tested Markham's water in 2008, there were "no indications of oil & gas related impacts to water well." Instead the investigation found that the methane was "biogenic" in nature, meaning it was naturally occurring and that his water well was drilled into a natural gas pocket."

The Truth About Gasland - America's Natural Gas Alliance

You might come away a bit less ignorant.

Last edited:
It's not hard to see that the Wingnuts have no problem ruining the earths resources as long as it.....

a. Doesn't affect them personally, and

b. Someone can make a buck

But just ask them to pony up a couple of dollars to clean up any mess this creates (that they supported) and just listen to them holler. (Kinda like the Iraq War)

dagoose,

how does it pollute? How does it destroy?

We need fuel one way or the other.

Methane.

Garbage produces it naturally as it decomposes. It also produces it as it burns. But instead of building compost pipelines and incinerators we send garbage out onto the open sea in barges and we waste valuable land building dumps.

The US produces enough garbage every year to power the entirety of the 3 west coast states, with enough left over to light up Vegas.

This is so cool. We have found not one, but two great ways to pollute our water.

Fracking for gas and shale oil production. Both take millions of gallons of fresh water and turns them into millions of gallons of polluted water.

Is that cool or what. And we are doing both things in a big way here in North America. Wait till we export this technology all over the planet. We won't be satisified untill there is no unpolluted water left on the earth.

You know that we are out of our ever loving fuking minds when we have to stoop to polluting water sources and supplies just so the oil companies can make a few more hundreds of millions of dollars.

Here in the great state of Ohio. Kasich has made it possible for the gas fracking companies to not even have to disclose what wonderful chemicals they are pumping into the ground.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that the state doesn't really care to divulge what these companies are doing to the ground water.

Why you think that is?

Here in the great state of Ohio. Kasich has made it possible for the gas fracking companies to not even have to disclose what wonderful chemicals they are pumping into the ground.

Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy knowing that the state doesn't really care to divulge what these companies are doing to the ground water.

Why you think that is?

So you have turned off your gas service if you have one,and now buy nothing that has been ,manufactured,or processed with natural gas in support of your ideals right??

All this natural gas is not going to help Americans much.

Most of it will be shipped overseas. m

Unless you own stock in those companies this fracking does you no good.

Developing natural resources is a good thing. It should be started with the most abundant; Solar.

Forum List

Back