Fracking

great but this is about Fracking not about Josh whathisname. I posted links to Popular Mechcanics about Fracking.

The Documentary is about Fracking.
It is made by the people, not the environmentalists lies.
You are the one who brought up Gasland.

Actually I didnt, it was brought up on page 1. What say you to Popular Mechanics? They lying too? They dont know more than you? You question their motives too? Why? Is it a secret?

So sammy, what's next?

We have pumped all the easy oil. We are now down to tar sands. We have pumped the easy gas. Now we are all enthused about "fracking" the last of the natural gas.

So when we have gone through all the dirty nasty water wasting sources of cheap energy, what is next?

Do you have any idea? Or you think this gas and oil thing will just go on forever?

Well, you could have asked the same questions 100 years ago.

Or 30 years ago.

Or 30 years from now.

Compared to "forever" even sunlight has a short lifespan.

Let's reel in the conversation to a realistic level, because nothing will last "forever."

You asked my prediction: We will exaust our natural resources; coal, gas, oil, radioactive material. As these resources become scarce, price will increase. As price increases humans will conserve (use less) and find substitutes. This will be inadequate to sustain the present human population's activity. Populations will decline until sustainable resources can support them.

New Technology will replace the natural resources.
We have enough natural resources now for about 100 years.
I think that we will get new and just as cheap resources in about 20 or 25 years.
Even the oil companies realize that the natural sources will not last forever. They are doing many experiments looking into new cheaper resources.

says who?

Well, you could have asked the same questions 100 years ago.

Or 30 years ago.

Or 30 years from now.

Compared to "forever" even sunlight has a short lifespan.

Let's reel in the conversation to a realistic level, because nothing will last "forever."

You asked my prediction: We will exaust our natural resources; coal, gas, oil, radioactive material. As these resources become scarce, price will increase. As price increases humans will conserve (use less) and find substitutes. This will be inadequate to sustain the present human population's activity. Populations will decline until sustainable resources can support them.

I think that we will get new and just as cheap resources in about 20 or 25 years.
Even the oil companies realize that the natural sources will not last forever. They are doing many experiments looking into new cheaper resources.

says who?

Our President Obama and the Potential Gas Committee made up of engineers and geoscientists.

President Obama words at his Sate of the Union address
"We have a supply of natural gas that can last America nearly one hundred years, and my Administration will take every possible action to safely develop this energy. Experts believe this will support more than 600,000 jobs by the end of the decade"

Potential Gas Committee Report Shows Unprecedented Increase in U.S. Natural Gas Resources

Even if they are off or wrong, it still give us enought to last for another 25 or more years to develop new technology.

my question is how has fracking been aloud? Millions of people have hads their water ruined, yet the oil companies trudge on. For people who support this madness, your reason must be because it creates jobs. But i think we all know this is a corporate lie to win the hearts of the gulable. The human race can live without oil. The only people who cannot (because of there excessive greed) is the oil companies.
As i all hope you know most of these oil companies also have a connection to a media source of some kind. All they have to do is tell the world that oil/natural gas ect. Creates jobs, or is the safest energy source or is finding new, cleaner technologies ;and then we are satisfied. As you have seen on that link and the other hundreds of videos is one thing; fracking ain't good. Poisoning america's water far beyond what any living soul should encounter. If you watch the movie gasland and other videos/articles you will see. They government doesn't care for us folks. I am very sorry to say. I love my country, but not when corporations are running it. Don't rely on your senator or represenetive or president too fix our problems, do it your self. Think for yourself people.

Tissue?

$tissue.jpg

great but this is about Fracking not about Josh whathisname. I posted links to Popular Mechcanics about Fracking.

Actually I didnt, it was brought up on page 1. What say you to Popular Mechanics? They lying too? They dont know more than you? You question their motives too? Why? Is it a secret?

Closedcaption, since you consider Popular Mechanics an expert, just maybe you should go back and read everything they actually posted. Most all of it states that natural gas drilling can be safe. It even disputes the documentary Gasland.
Claim No. 7
"DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER"

HANDWRITTEN SIGN IN THE DOCUMENTARY GASLAND, 2010

It's an iconic image, captured in the 2010 Academy Award—nominated documentary GasLand. A Colorado man holds a flame to his kitchen faucet and turns on the water. The pipes rattle and hiss, and suddenly a ball of fire erupts. It appears a damning indictment of the gas drilling nearby. But Colorado officials determined the gas wells weren't to blame; instead, the homeowner's own water well had been drilled into a naturally occurring pocket of methane.

says who?

Our President Obama and the Potential Gas Committee made up of engineers and geoscientists.

"We have a supply of natural gas that can last America nearly one hundred years, and my Administration will take every possible action to safely develop this energy. Experts believe this will support more than 600,000 jobs by the end of the decade"

Potential Gas Committee Report Shows Unprecedented Increase in U.S. Natural Gas Resources

Even if they are off or wrong, it still give us enought to last for another 25 or more years to develop new technology.

Why do you believe them? (Because I want to is not a valid reason)

Closedcaption, since you consider Popular Mechanics an expert, just maybe you should go back and read everything they actually posted. Most all of it states that natural gas drilling can be safe. It even disputes the documentary Gasland.
Claim No. 7
"DO NOT DRINK THIS WATER"

HANDWRITTEN SIGN IN THE DOCUMENTARY GASLAND, 2010

It's an iconic image, captured in the 2010 Academy Award—nominated documentary GasLand. A Colorado man holds a flame to his kitchen faucet and turns on the water. The pipes rattle and hiss, and suddenly a ball of fire erupts. It appears a damning indictment of the gas drilling nearby. But Colorado officials determined the gas wells weren't to blame; instead, the homeowner's own water well had been drilled into a naturally occurring pocket of methane.

I did and posted it anyway....just like a closed minded enviro-nut would, wait....

You clipped that article too, here is the rest:

Nonetheless, up to 50 layers of natural gas can occur between the surface and deep shale formations, and methane from these shallow deposits has intruded on groundwater near fracking sites. In May, Pennsylvania officials fined Chesapeake Energy $1 million for contaminating the water supplies of 16 families in Bradford County. Because the company had not properly cemented its boreholes, gas migrated up along the outside of the well, between the rock and steel casing, into aquifers. The problem can be corrected by using stronger cement and processing casings to create a better bond, ensuring an impermeable seal.
Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics

I know you werent trying to be dishonest by leaving that part out...you just forgot:doubt:

I did and posted it anyway....just like a closed minded enviro-nut would, wait....

You clipped that article too, here is the rest:

Nonetheless, up to 50 layers of natural gas can occur between the surface and deep shale formations, and methane from these shallow deposits has intruded on groundwater near fracking sites. In May, Pennsylvania officials fined Chesapeake Energy $1 million for contaminating the water supplies of 16 families in Bradford County. Because the company had not properly cemented its boreholes, gas migrated up along the outside of the well, between the rock and steel casing, into aquifers. The problem can be corrected by using stronger cement and processing casings to create a better bond, ensuring an impermeable seal.
Read more: Is Fracking Safe? The Top 10 Myths About Natural Gas Drilling - Popular Mechanics

I know you werent trying to be dishonest by leaving that part out...you just forgot:doubt:

you see, you are comparing apples to oranges here. Chesapeake was fined for violating environmental law (unsafe practices) there - not for water being contaminated from the fracking. Two very different animals.

says who?

Even if they are off or wrong, it still give us enough to last for another 25 or more years to develop new technology.

Because I used to work at one time for those engineers and geoscientists. They are good honest men. They love America and our land. If there really was potential harm in fracking and the ruination of our land and water they would be all over it in a heart beat, at getting the word out.

Last edited:
I watched the documentary, Gasland, again a couple nights ago. I still find it unbelievable that this is allowed to continue.

The Movie Gasland was exposed as fraudulent.

By whom?

What is the evidence?

There are drill sites within a few miles of my home. I caught drillers taking water from one of my streams without permission which was denied at some expense to me by due process of law. The company has made a generous offer to make me whole and assured me the "rogue" site operator has been replaced. Not fired, mind you, replaced.

Fracking may well be necessary. Stealing my water and being filthy god damned corporate scum is not.

No question "Gasland" is propaganda. Is it even mostly false? Probably not.

Even if they are off or wrong, it still give us enough to last for another 25 or more years to develop new technology.

Because I used to work at one time for those engineers and geoscientists. They are good honest men. They love America and our land. If there really was potential harm in fracking and the ruination of our land and water they would be all over it in a heart beat, at getting the word out.

I said because I want to doesnt count

Your mixing up the difference between wanting and knowing.

I think we both are...you knowing them doesnt mean what they say is gospel, no more than someone knowing the ppl against fracking means what they say is true.

See both sides are saying different things. You choose to believe one (because you know them) and not the other. Thats fine if we were talking about gossip but we're not.

Point is, you CHOOSE to believe one and CHOOSE not to believe the other...strickly because you WANT to. Thats why I asked why you believe them.

I think we both are...you knowing them doesnt mean what they say is gospel, no more than someone knowing the ppl against fracking means what they say is true.

See both sides are saying different things. You choose to believe one (because you know them) and not the other. Thats fine if we were talking about gossip but we're not.

Point is, you CHOOSE to believe one and CHOOSE not to believe the other...strickly because you WANT to. Thats why I asked why you believe them.

I happen to believe the reports and the people, rather the an the lying environmentalists who have an agenda rather that actually facts and truth.
How do I know about the environmentalists?
Because we had to deal with them in the 90's, that involved our San Pedro River.
They were caught red handed with their outright lies and authorities caught them stocking fish in the river at night, they claimed that these fish were a native species and needed protection. The fish were never a species found here in the San Pedro River.
The species came for the north part of the state.
There is a big difference between an agenda and actual truth.

It's not hard to see that the Wingnuts have no problem ruining the earths resources as long as it.....

a. Doesn't affect them personally, and

b. Someone can make a buck

But just ask them to pony up a couple of dollars to clean up any mess this creates (that they supported) and just listen to them holler. (Kinda like the Iraq War)

Making bucks is good. It creates jobs.
Where has a mess been created?

I happen to believe the reports and the people, rather the an the lying environmentalists who have an agenda rather that actually facts and truth.
Because we had to deal with them in the 90's, that involved our San Pedro River.
They were caught red handed with their outright lies and authorities caught them stocking fish in the river at night, they claimed that these fish were a native species and needed protection. The fish were never a species found here in the San Pedro River.

I get it....because you want to. Cool story, bro

so are you stating that those that you believe have no agenda? And why do you believe that? Have any facts to back it up? Or do you believe just because you believe...

Everyone has an agenda. Let's look at the pros and cons and let's see if it's important

Pro: reduce pollution, increase quality of life, cleaner water and cleaner air
Cons: it's gonna cost a lot of money

If you take out any talk of hidden agendas (or guessing as it's known) the pros outweigh the cons. I understand it's going to cost a lot but I think the cost of doing nothing would cost more, not only in money.

so are you stating that those that you believe have no agenda? And why do you believe that? Have any facts to back it up? Or do you believe just because you believe...

The lefts entire case is based on lies and spin. It is one big floating croak!:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back