Fracking - something our kids will pay for

Fracking and drilling have slowed down in the US due to the severe price drop in oil.

A lot of sites have been mothballed, but they are ready to go once they become viable again, plus technological and logistical improvements have been lowering the break even price for most sites over the past decade.

The National Debt is what kids will pay for. Obama's legacy will be the anchors carried by our youth today, into tomorrows future payments

-Geaux

Now we must consider thee most extensive use of energy, pumping water. Where will you get the power to pump water?

Please clarify the need for pumping water, related to powering most of the homes in the US with electricity from windturbines? There intermittency issues are different than various types of even utility scale solar, are you recommending pumping water to use hydrodynamic force to create electricity when the wind isn't blowing? That was the 40% utilization rate I originally factored in to you 10,000,000 wind turbine estimate to power a few homes...as opposed to it powering most homes in the United States.

Sounds like a bunch of wind turbines though, and a tough economic game when natural gas is both wildly abundant and cheap.

renewables make the rich richer, who makes money when you build 10,000,000 wind turbines to power a few homes?

Lets see, 10,000,000 MW turbines, 40% utilization on any given day, so a net 4,000,000 going 24/7. Each putting out perhaps 6 million kWh/year.

How much electricity can one wind turbine generate? - GWECGWEC

So each turbine can power 150 homes or a year, then 4,000,000 net turbines can power 600,000,000 homes a year.

Twice as many homes as there are people in the United States.

"A few homes?" indeed.

So, "a few homes" can be every home in the US. And then with all the surplus power we'll power all homes in Canada and Mexico as well just because...well....we can.
The Koch Brothers' Dirty War on Solar Power

One might imagine that there are vested interests involved in blocking clean energy.

Like natural gas, when people who know nothing about oil field completion technology pretend it will destroy the world?

And the EPA said this, after not being able to find any evidence for what..the past 60 years when this was happening? And now they have concluded it is horrifying....not very common. Well integrity failure just is, and companies work to minimize it, and because they are good at what they do, the EPA can't say that this is widespread, or systemic. In other words, it isn't any different than any other local effect, such as when a company has a tank get holed, and it dumps some oil on the ground.

"We did not find evidence that these mechanisms [of possible contamination] have led to widespread, systemic impacts on drinking water resources in the United States," the study said.

You didn't. You thought it would destroy the world, when the EPA says it isn't a big deal. And YOU are the children paying for it, because it has been going on since about the end of WWII. Has it bothered you, in any way, ever, in your entire lifetime?

Or does pretending it has give you some kind of warm fuzzy for playing the boy who cried earthworm in the garden?

You didn't. You thought it would destroy the world, when the EPA says it isn't a big deal. And YOU are the children paying for it, because it has been going on since about the end of WWII. Has it bothered you, in any way, ever, in your entire lifetime?

Or does pretending it has give you some kind of warm fuzzy for playing the boy who cried earthworm in the garden?
It is the work of the Devil.

Now we must consider thee most extensive use of energy, pumping water. Where will you get the power to pump water?

Please clarify the need for pumping water, related to powering most of the homes in the US with electricity from windturbines? There intermittency issues are different than various types of even utility scale solar, are you recommending pumping water to use hydrodynamic force to create electricity when the wind isn't blowing? That was the 40% utilization rate I originally factored in to you 10,000,000 wind turbine estimate to power a few homes...as opposed to it powering most homes in the United States.

Sounds like a bunch of wind turbines though, and a tough economic game when natural gas is both wildly abundant and cheap.
Getting Water to your house, to your shower, to your bathroom uses the most energy in a home. People state that this Wind Turbine can power a certain number of homes, but that does not include the Department of Water and Power of the city where the home resides.

The Electricity used to pump water is our largest use of Energy in California, that use of Energy is not included in these headlines. Likewise, all these Cities that make wild claims of powering all their homes from Wind Power are not including the public utilities nor heating of homes.

Renewable is the way forward. Fracking will destroy the planet.

I agree, fracking causes earthquakes by forcing polluted water back into the ground, and this polluted water pollute all underground water its near. We have one home, and I can't believe us humans on earth right now are being so selfish and greedy.

I love living life on crystal ball predictions. don't you all?

Our children is paying BIG time now because of the choice of their parents allowing this Federal government become a Tyrant one and step all over us. Fracking is the last thing I'm worried about.

No worries...with the coming world economic collapse fracking will be the least of their problems.

Again? The last one turned into the best market buying opportunity in a generation!

If you have any money....

Or have a 401K plan and could pile the money in as the market rebounded. I recommend making wise personal decisions in life, in order to have some money.

Done and did...I retired four years ago.

Forum List

Back