FOX News sees nothing wrong seperate lunch counters

FOX feels businesses should be able to disciminate. HHhhmmmm, it sounds a lot like a Rand Paul platform.

(I'm new, didn't read the entire thread, trying to play catch-up, so...)

I've had a Major Problem with the gov telling business owners what they can or cannot do for a while, now.

A perfect example is smoking. I smoke cigs, and enjoy one after meals. If I go out drinking, I smoke then, also. Why isn't it up to the OWNER of the biz whether or not smoking is allowed?

If peeps REALLY don't like it, they won't go there. If enough of 'em DON't go, the biz will "change format," as it were.

WTF happened to CHOICE in America? That each of us had the right to govern our own possessions and our own selves?

If you don't want to do it, fine!

If you DO want to do it, fine!

Stay away from each other if someone doing what THEY want to is so horrible, you know?

(I used to be an OTR trucker, and went to the Carolinas, right? Went into a restraurant, and requested Smoking. The hostess looked at me as if I'd fallen off another planet and said, "This is N/S CAROLINA ~ ALL Sections are Smoking!")

But I've seen it on forums, a million times. Folks that just HAVE to read what they profess to despise, that cannot just let folks be themselves, that MUST try to Rule the Day, not to be confused with rue the day.

Why? Why must everyone try to MAKE others do whatever They want?)

Errr... OT! Am I too late to state that? AM I BANNED???

roflmao!!!

Last edited:
It's not in the business interests to exclude customers. Businesses like to have as many customers as possible, and most people don't mind encountering those of other races where they do business.

Factually you are correct. As freaking human beings, the thought of them trying this crap again astounds me.

This will be the end of Rand on a national level. He will be fine in his home town of course they knew he was like this, but the republicans already have started to distance themselves with this racist.

Fox agreeing with him is no surprise.

FOX feels businesses should be able to disciminate. HHhhmmmm, it sounds a lot like a Rand Paul platform.

I've had a Major Problem with the gov telling business owners what they can or cannot do for a while, now.

A perfect example is smoking. I smoke cigs, and enjoy one after meals. If I go out drinking, I smoke then, also. Why isn't it up to the OWNER of the biz whether or not smoking is allowed?

If peeps REALLY don't like it, they won't go there. If enough of 'em DON't go, the biz will "change format," as it were.

WTF happened to CHOICE in America? That each of us had the right to govern our own possessions and our own selves?

Stay away from each other if someone doing what THEY want to is so horrible, you know?

(I used to be an OTR trucker, and went to the Carolinas, right? Went into a restraurant, and requested Smoking. The hostess looked at me as if I'd fallen off another planet and said, "This is N/S CAROLINA ~ ALL Sections are Smoking!")

But I've seen it on forums, a million times. Folks that just HAVE to read what they profess to despise, that cannot just let folks be themselves, that MUST try to Rule the Day, not to be confused with rue the day.

roflmao!!!

Smoking or not smoking is a choice..being a minority isn't. Imagine as a man, you and your family are about to go into a restaurant and some kid behind the counter screams, we don't serve your kind here.

What fucking year is this? Rand really is bringing out the racists. No matter how you try to justify any of this, racism is wrong. Period.

Then why don't groups like MECHA have members of other races?

roflmao!!!

Smoking or not smoking is a choice..being a minority isn't. Imagine as a man, you and your family are about to go into a restaurant and some kid behind the counter screams, we don't serve your kind here.

What fucking year is this? Rand really is bringing out the racists. No matter how you try to justify any of this, racism is wrong. Period.
if some kid behind the counter says that, then he will offend more than just that one family, and would more than likely be the doom of that business

why do you want racists to hide their racism?

Stossel is hardly a Republican. You obviously know very little about him.

He works for fox. That makes him republican enough. Do you know of any dems who work for fox? I cant think of any and Stossel proves on this point alone, he is closer to republican than dem.

Represent Stossel, represent.

blah, blah, blah...

The government, Stossel says, should be protecting the rights of businesses that want to discriminate -- not the rights of minorities facing pervasive discrimination.

(Now, I'm reading)

You DON't think that's how it Should Be?

Let's see... Businesses create jobs, which creates a tax base that is many multiples of what a person could create.

People these days KNOW that we're all humans, and we've ALL got a hard row to hoe, so if I don't want to spend my time catering to folks that are on the lookout for ways to sue me, that's my perogative, eh?

Let's say that I have a beer joint. A bunch of Polanders, that ALWAYS get rowdy when they're drinking, decide to frequent my biz. When they get into it, they tear my place up, and sometimes I get reimbursed for damages, and others, I have to file civil suits over, which I KNOW I'll never see a penny from.

Why shouldn't I be able to tell them that they're too rowdy, and that I can't afford to host their boisterous antics?

I SHOULD be able to. It's MY biz.

And I'm sorry so many folks think that Profiling is "bad."

I'd be willing to bet that they'd thank God for profiling at their doctor's office, which allows the physician to focus on MORE than just, well, EVERYTHING.

But, that's for another post...

(Please, show me the door Right Now if this type of thinking is unwelcome here, okay? BEFORE I invest myself and make friends that I'll actually MISS, okay?)

roflmao!!!

if some kid behind the counter says that, then he will offend more than just that one family, and would more than likely be the doom of that business

I want to follow your logic, if there was a sign out that said whites only and that black family didn't see it, what makes you think the people already in that restaurant wouldn't back up that kid.
Comments?
Stay on point on this one.....

wow, you are showing your massive stupidity here

and i like that you have that right to be as stupid as you want to be
why shouldnt business owners have that right as well?

It ain't gonna fly. It is Ron...I mean Rand Paul's passive way of reintroducing some form of segregation.
you are right on one thing, it wont fly, because of stupid people like you that want to keep racism hidden
i prefer a racist be open and honest with his/her racism, then you know up front who NOT to do business with

if someone opened a business in my area and had a sign "whites only" on the door, i'd never cross it for several reasons
one being i wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable doing business with someone that has 1/64th Native American heritage
another being i wouldn't want to support someone with such archaic ideas

I actually agre with you on this one. This is one of your best posts ever.

I rather would like to know who are the racists. I hate when they hide behind words like "we want to take our country back" or " we are losing our merican values" the day after Obama won, etc.

I would rather a guy have his racist swastika tattoo shown proudly by him. At least I know what he is all about. Rand kind of did that with this "Whites only" thing he did recently.

Last edited:

I want to follow your logic, if there was a sign out that said whites only and that black family didn't see it, what makes you think the people already in that restaurant wouldn't back up that kid.
Comments?
because the place would very likely be empty

It ain't gonna fly. It is Ron...I mean Rand Paul's passive way of reintroducing some form of segregation.
you are right on one thing, it wont fly, because of stupid people like you that want to keep racism hidden
i prefer a racist be open and honest with his/her racism, then you know up front who NOT to do business with

if someone opened a business in my area and had a sign "whites only" on the door, i'd never cross it for several reasons
one being i wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable doing business with someone that has 1/64th Native American heritage

I rather would like to know who are the racists. I hate when they hide behind words like "we want to take our country back" or " we are losing our merican values" the day after Obama won, etc.

I would rather a guy have his racist swastika tattoo shown proudly by him. At least I know what he is all about. Rand kind of did that with this "Whites only" thing he did recently.
then why do you want to stop a business from displaying their stupidity to the world?

Comments?
because the place would very likely be empty

Depends geographically. Either way, Rand wants this to be law. He represents tea baggers. See how bad this can get?

If this had been said by a liberal democrat on msnbc or cnn you would have a greater sense of outrage......

and much less sympathy and understanding

No doubt you agree that businesses should be ALLOWED to discriminate!
(except against conservatives or christians)

perhaps you would like to point out the "man of DISCRIMINATING taste!"?

Since when does the Truth depend on which "side" it's coming from?

It's either True,

or it's False.

It doesn't matter WHO says it.

then why do you want to stop a business from displaying their stupidity to the world?

Because I like the thought of being able to sue if they find they are trying to not serve me because I am black or asian or hispanic or gay or whatever. That is why.

For example, I hate the thought that some town in the south is backed by the local sheriff when discriminating against minorities in that town. What if the entire town felt the same way? (I said he south, but it could be anywhere of course) I couldn't get gas, food, hospital service, nothing? Is that ok with you? I want a law that makes that illegal to do it. I want people to go to jail for not being a racist but them practicing discriminatory practices. They can be racists all they want.

If not, we are back in 63. Too many people gave up too much for us to be back to that crap.

Still cant put yourself in another persons shoes yet? Rand is so done. Him and his type are not going to get support from republicans publicly. They will hide (just like you said you hate) and maybe agree with him around their dinner tables ,but not publicly.

How can a minority republican accept this nonsense? Seriously. How?

Last edited:
Stossel is a Libertarian, not a racist.

He is advocating for the rights of any individual to associate or do business with the person of his choosing.

---

OMG!!! No KIDDING!

You RACISTS!!! You just think you can Pick and Choose your FRIENDS??? You've PROFILED, 'cuz I'm assuming none of y'all is hanging with crack ho's, or armed criminals.

MO Fo's!

Imagine the wealth and jobs created in the black community if there were a black equivalent to CVS walmart or McDonalds .
Then those folks wouldn't have to deal with those racist corporations.

Because I like the thought of being able to sue if they find they are trying to not serve me because I am black or asian or hispanic or gay or whatever. That is why.

For example, I hate the thought that some town in the south is backed by the local sheriff when discriminating against minorities in that town. What if the entire town felt the same way? (I said he south, but it could be anywhere of course) I couldn't get gas, food, hospital service, nothing? Is that ok with you? I want a law that makes that illegal to do it. I want people to go to jail for not being a racist but them practicing discriminatory practices. They can be racists all they want.

If not, we are back in 63. Too many people gave up too much for us to be back to that crap.

Still cant put yourself in another persons shoes yet? Rand is so done. Him and his type are not going to get support from republicans publicly. They will hide (just like you said you hate) and maybe agree with him around their dinner tables ,but not publicly.

How can a minority republican accept this nonsense? Seriously. How?
why would you even want to do business with someone that doesnt want to do business with you?
just move on to the next town if you ever run into such a place

if such a place even still exists

Forum List

Back