FOX News sees nothing wrong seperate lunch counters

Lordy, lordy, Jim Crow, anybody?

The Right to Discriminate? | Media Matters for America

Enough is enough: Stop promoting racism on your network.

But Stossel didn't just argue for the right to discriminate. He went a step further, suggesting the "public accommodations" section of the Civil Rights Act should be repealed, thus allowing businesses to practice racial discrimination. This is the section of the law that prohibits a lunch counter from refusing to serve African-Americans -- a practice which was commonplace when the law was passed.

The government, Stossel says, should be protecting the rights of businesses that want to discriminate -- not the rights of minorities facing pervasive discrimination.

But where would these critters sit?

close_encounters_of_the_third_kind.jpg

At a luncheon counter of the third kind?

It's not in the business interests to exclude customers. Businesses like to have as many customers as possible, and most people don't mind encountering those of other races where they do business.

But Stossel didn't just argue for the right to discriminate. He went a step further, suggesting the "public accommodations" section of the Civil Rights Act should be repealed, thus allowing businesses to practice racial discrimination. This is the section of the law that prohibits a lunch counter from refusing to serve African-Americans -- a practice which was commonplace when the law was passed.

The government, Stossel says, should be protecting the rights of businesses that want to discriminate -- not the rights of minorities facing pervasive discrimination.

So, just because Stossel says, that means Fox News says? What kind of logic is that?

All he is saying is that businesses, just like individual people, should have the right to be racist.

Nice hack up job on that website for the video, take dozens of clips talking about race, edit them down to a half second each, and say Fox is "promoting" racism. How fucking pathetic can you get? As if the other news organizations don't do the same thing.

If you want a good example of promoting racism, just listen to the Hussein's spiritual mentor for 20+ years.

I was in San Antonio about 8 years ago, in a Mexican neighborhood, visiting in-laws. They sent me down to the local taqueria for some tamales. The place was packed. I was the onliest white boy in there.

I asked for two dozen tamales. The lady behind the counter, who stood before a conveyer belt filled with freshly made tamales looked me square in the eye and said, "We"re out."

So, just because Stossel says, that means Fox News says? What kind of logic is that?

All he is saying is that businesses, just like individual people, should have the right to be racist.

Nice hack up job on that website for the video, take dozens of clips talking about race, edit them down to a half second each, and say Fox is "promoting" racism. How fucking pathetic can you get? As if the other news organizations don't do the same thing.

If you want a good example of promoting racism, just listen to the Hussein's spiritual mentor for 20+ years.

If this had been said by a liberal democrat on msnbc or cnn you would have a greater sense of outrage......

and much less sympathy and understanding

No doubt you agree that businesses should be ALLOWED to discriminate!
(except against conservatives or christians)

perhaps you would like to point out the "man of DISCRIMINATING taste!"?

So what political office was Rev Wright nominated for? Of, that's right. He wasn't, but Ron...I mean Rand Paul was. You know, Mister allow businesses to discriminate.

I was in San Antonio about 8 years ago, in a Mexican neighborhood, visiting in-laws. They sent me down to the local taqueria for some tamales. The place was packed. I was the onliest white boy in there.

I asked for two dozen tamales. The lady behind the counter, who stood before a conveyer belt filled with freshly made tamales looked me square in the eye and said, "We"re out."

Terrible feeling isn't it? Next time, don't stand there holding your nose.

It's not in the business interests to exclude customers. Businesses like to have as many customers as possible, and most people don't mind encountering those of other races where they do business.

Except White Winger Confederate Republican Teabaggers in the deep south.

Well, if that were a true story then it shoots the shit out of all the clowns around here who say you don't need it to be illegal because businesses won't do it anyway.

You're making your wingnut pals look stupid.

Stossel is a Libertarian, not a racist.

He is advocating for the rights of any individual to associate or do business with the person of his choosing.

From an economic view point, two issues often faced by small business are "smoking" and ADA access. Some bars would really prefer to cater to smokers, and saw their business drop dramatically when smoking bans were put in place. ADA requirements for wheel chair access are quite costly - and the retailer forced to implement them often loses money overall.

If a Republican candidate said the sky was pink, FOX would agree.

Stossel is hardly a Republican. You obviously know very little about him.

wow, you are showing your massive stupidity here

and i like that you have that right to be as stupid as you want to be
why shouldnt business owners have that right as well?

It ain't gonna fly. It is Ron...I mean Rand Paul's passive way of reintroducing some form of segregation.

No it's not. He's saying that the government doesn't have a right to tell a business person how to run his business.

It ain't gonna fly. It is Ron...I mean Rand Paul's passive way of reintroducing some form of segregation.
you are right on one thing, it wont fly, because of stupid people like you that want to keep racism hidden
i prefer a racist be open and honest with his/her racism, then you know up front who NOT to do business with

if someone opened a business in my area and had a sign "whites only" on the door, i'd never cross it for several reasons
one being i wouldn't want him to feel uncomfortable doing business with someone that has 1/64th Native American heritage
another being i wouldn't want to support someone with such archaic ideas

Forum List

Back