Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract

MisterBeale

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2012
This is interesting.

So, we all know that the Murdoch's, Fox Corp. and Tucker had a falling out. Every pundit and their brother has had a theory as to why the most popular news commentary show was cancelled at the height of its popularity.

. . . and of course, Tucker is still under contract, so, technically, he can't go to work for anyone else. Yet.

So? Is Tucker, by making videos on twitter, just making personal content to espouse his views on public events? Or has he breached his contract and become a subcontracting, "employee," for twitter? Bringing in revenue for that platform?

Scoop: Fox News says Tucker Carlson breached his contract​

Is this a corporate, contractual issue, that has only to do with money and business?

Or is this a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

:dunno:

Mod Edit:

Since Twitter requires membership to see tweets, all of his latest tweets can be seen here;

Watch Tucker on Twitter​

Last edited:
I predicted this the day I read he was fired. With his following he shouldn't have taken their payout and/or signed a contract. You knew they would give him a golden parachufe in exchange for silencing him.

This is interesting.

So, we all know that the Murdoch's, Fox Corp. and Tucker had a falling out. Every pundit and their brother has had a theory as to why the most popular news commentary show was cancelled at the height of its popularity.

. . . and of course, Tucker is still under contract, so, technically, he can't go to work for anyone else. Yet.

So? Is Tucker, by making videos on twitter, just making personal content to espouse his views on public events? Or has he breached his contract and become a subcontracting, "employee," for twitter? Bringing in revenue for that platform?

Is this a corporate, contractual issue, that has only to do with money and business?

Or is the a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

All non-lawyers are invited to provide their non-legal wishful opinions.

I predicted this the day I read he was fired. With his following he shouldn't have taken their payout and/or signed a contract. You knew they would give him a golden parachufe in exchange for silencing him.
I haven't read the contract, nor do I know if it was a "payout."

I thought that this deal were terms signed, before hand.

". . . In a letter to Carlson's lawyers, Fox News general counsel Bernard Gugar said the broadcaster was "in breach" of his contract, which was signed in November 2019 and amended in February 2021. . . . "

I don't think he signed anything as a term for leaving.

Tucker 90 millions views Carlson.
aka Tucker in deep trouble for breaking the contract Carlson who cost Fox News $700 million for lying about Dominion Carlson

This is interesting.

Or is the a free speech issue, and a battle of the populists and a defense of liberty against the man?

They just want to silence him for the election.

Can’t have someone speaking common sense to Americans during “election season”. It all has to be controlled, state approved media.

Do y’all think we live in a free republic or something?

This is interesting.

Didn't Fox News kinda invalidate his contract when they FIRED HIM?!

:popcorn:

I have no idea why Fox would air this publicly. If he breached his contract sue him. Otherwise I have no idea why they would issue a statement.

Didn't Fox News kinda invalidate his contract when they FIRED HIM?!

:popcorn:
I am not sure, I guess we would all need access to go over the contract.

However, I believe he did get a payout, to leave, and stick to a non-compete clause.

It was my understanding, that Fox was going to continue to pay him, as long as he did not get a job with a competitor.

Tucker 90 millions views Carlson.
Even on twitter, he attracts more attention than CNN and MSMBC combined.

She knows, they all know. It drives them nuts. Folks on the right and left, know, Tucker tells it like it is, and that is why, they all pay attention.

Trust in news collapses to historic low​

1686261814004.png

This is interesting.

Looks like a show to me. That's not just his views but he's bringing on guests so they can share their's as well.

Untitled.png

FOX fired him so as long as he is not bad-mouthing FOX by name he causes them no harm thus they can't show any harm.....Nothing to sue over that will hold up past the first hearing.

He has no particular time slot on Twitter so FOX can't gig him on hurting their ratings either. They did that to themselves when they fired him.

In fact FOX would likely end-up paying any legal expenses Tucker incurs in a likely counter suit.

Forum List

Back