Fox News Ratings Continue Upward

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
FNC's Ratings Continue Rising While CNN's Plummet in Prime Time
from www.mediaresearch.org 3/10/05 post

CNN's prime time ratings plummeted 21 percent in February, as MSNBC's fell by 14 percent, but FNC's ratings actually rose 18 percent. That put FNC's average prime time audience at 1.57 million, compared to less than half, 637,000 for CNN, and even fewer for MSNBC, the New York Post reported on Thursday.

An excerpt from "CNN Sinking in Fox Hole," a March 3 article by Tim Arango:

CNN saw its prime-time ratings drop sharply in February, falling further behind Fox News.

CNN's ratings dipped 16 percent overall and 21 percent in prime time during February, according to Nielsen Media Research, as some of the cable news channel's biggest stars lost viewers.

Fox News was the only one among the four cable news networks to post ratings gains during the month....

Fox saw its ratings rise 18 percent to an average of 1.57 million viewers. This compares with an average of 637,000 viewers for CNN....

Among individual shows, CNN's "Paula Zahn Now," which airs from 8 p.m. to 9 p.m., saw a 17 percent drop in ratings, while its Fox competitor, "The O'Reilly Factor," saw a 9 percent jump.

In the 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. time slot, CNN's "Larry King Live" saw its ratings tumble 23 percent, while Fox's "Hannity & Colmes" posted a 19 percent rise.

The only CNN show airing between 4 p.m. and 10 p.m. to post a ratings gain was "Anderson Cooper 360," which airs from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. It gained only 2 percent.

The other two cable news networks, CNBC and MSNBC, also saw ratings declines in February.

CNBC's overall ratings declined 23 percent and in prime time they dropped 42 percent. MSNBC's ratings dropped 15 percent overall and 14 percent in prime time.

END of Excerpt

Full story covered in The New York Post 3/3/05 edition.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
Which once again reinforces, people like to hear the truth, and not liberal bias and spin. These liberal media outlets won't learn that until they're all dead and gone.

Pale Rider said:
Which once again reinforces, people like to hear the truth, and not liberal bias and spin. These liberal media outlets won't learn that until they're all dead and gone.

Which, evidently, won't be long. Those numbers seem to be as irreversible as they are fatal. What a bummer. :cof:

Yet the big wigs and so called journalists at the other stations just don't get it. Ratings spiraling as bad as they are and they can't erase that bias from their teeny wittle heads. It can't be because they are fair,nooooo. It's because they have pretty journalists,or maybe it's because they have bright lights and colorful backdrops!! I actually heard a guy from MSNBC talking about their cool graphics and colors!!! :teeth: Maybe that's it!!!

Well Fox news took a giant step toward becoming just another CNN today. Their coverage of the Atlanta courthouse shootings was nothing short of nauseating. They went on and on and on and on and on and on (get the picture?).

They had nothing new to add, no new facts so they simply droned on for HOURS, repeating the same old crap and running and re-running the same short video snippets. It was disgusting. When they ran out of facts, they went into conjecture and then they repeated themselves - again.

Was there NOTHING else happening in the world today? Sure, the Atlanta story was important, so maybe it did bear repeating once or even twice. But after that, SHUT THE HELL UP and move on until you have some new FACTS to report. PLEASE! ! ! ! !

Rant over.

I feel much better now.

It's kind of like O'reiily devoting half of his show to Micheal Jackson's trial. Dude, NOBODY CARES. That why Greta van Sustern sucks. That show pretty much turned into the Lacy Peterson Hour.

Merlin1047 said:
Well Fox news took a giant step toward becoming just another CNN today. Their coverage of the Atlanta courthouse shootings was nothing short of nauseating. They went on and on and on and on and on and on (get the picture?).

They had nothing new to add, no new facts so they simply droned on for HOURS, repeating the same old crap and running and re-running the same short video snippets. It was disgusting. When they ran out of facts, they went into conjecture and then they repeated themselves - again.

Nothing new there.

FOXNEWS has always been just as much of a tabloid spectacle as all the other 24-hr news channels. They show the same car chases, the same countdown to Jackson making it to court late, the same endless regurgitation of no facts in a non-story on a slow news day as all the others.

At least during the day.

It's the later shows, Cavuto, Special Report, O'Reilly, Hannity & Colmes, that get the ratings, that differ from the other networks, and that are destroying CNN, MSNBC, and CNBC.

theim said:
It's kind of like O'reiily devoting half of his show to Micheal Jackson's trial. Dude, NOBODY CARES. That why Greta van Sustern sucks. That show pretty much turned into the Lacy Peterson Hour.

Oh gosh,don't get me started on Greta. Sometimes she doesn't fit in on Fox. Her show is more like some kind of news magazine or something,covering only the tabloidy type stories. The Michael Jackson thing,it's entertainingif nothing else,but we don't need to hear from a gazillion different defense attorneys and prosecutors every freakin night allready!!! Remember when Gary Condit was the big story? I was so sick of that I couldn't take it anymore. It took 9-11 to stop that nonsense.

krisy said:
Oh gosh,don't get me started on Greta. Sometimes she doesn't fit in on Fox. Her show is more like some kind of news magazine or something,covering only the tabloidy type stories. The Michael Jackson thing,it's entertainingif nothing else,but we don't need to hear from a gazillion different defense attorneys and prosecutors every freakin night allready!!! Remember when Gary Condit was the big story? I was so sick of that I couldn't take it anymore. It took 9-11 to stop that nonsense.

Well, it's also VERY annoying to watch Greta talk out of the side of her mouth!

lol

Merlin1047 said:

Was there NOTHING else happening in the world today? Sure, the Atlanta story was important, so maybe it did bear repeating once or even twice. But after that, SHUT THE HELL UP and move on until you have some new FACTS to report. PLEASE! ! ! ! !

Rant over.

I feel much better now.

And they're STILL grinding on it on Hannity and colmes...

... T.V. off.

Forum List

Back