Fox News Projects Owens to win, Republicans lose Seat for First Time in Century.

Yawn, and the ankle biters (Modo and Patek) attempt their cheap shots because Midnight thinks he got a gotcha moment.

FOX News - Opinion - Opinion - Bad News for Barack on Tuesday?

New York: The New York Special Election to fill the vacant seat of Congressman McHugh is a mess. The District 23 seat in upstate New York has been a safe Republican seat for over a 100 years. We would not even be talking about this race had Congressman McHugh not resigned to join the Obama administration as Secretary of the Army. That is water over the dam.

INO.com News - Owens Edges Hoffman For NY-23 Seat (rtt)

Preview of Crist vs. Rubio playing out in N.Y.? – Political Insider - Sarasota Herald-Tribune - Sarasota, FL - Archive

And the nail:

As a former New York reporter, I can tell you District 23 has been unquestionably Republican for years. You have to go back more than 100 years to find a Democrat who represented this area of Upstate New York in Congress. Just look at the 2000 election results. While Al Gore defeated George W. Bush 60 percent to 35 percent statewide, Bush won the 23rd district.
.You really should fact check, but you don't - at least you've been nailed on your sloppiness at least twice in the last week. When you get into hot water on that front, you just cannot own up to it. That would take maturity.

dogbert is exhibiting a child like mentality. I wonder how old he/she is. At any rate the news media isn't any good at math either. All one has to do is look at the 23rd districts history and you will see plenty of Democrats held those seats up until redistricting placed them somewhere else....but hey...the media needs to hammer the Reps somehow...to be fair and balanced of course....:eusa_whistle:

Yes, you are nailed on your sloppiness here, and your sloppiness here (and subsequently here). Weseling afterward is what the immature do.

So glad you're so obsessed to go back and check. And I wasn't "nailed" in either case. I was right in both and still am. Don't feel bad Modo. :)

dogbert is exhibiting a child like mentality. I wonder how old he/she is. At any rate the news media isn't any good at math either. All one has to do is look at the 23rd districts history and you will see plenty of Democrats held those seats up until redistricting placed them somewhere else....but hey...the media needs to hammer the Reps somehow...to be fair and balanced of course....:eusa_whistle:

Yes, Because Fox News is certainly going after those Republicans. :rofl:

Yes, you are nailed on your sloppiness here, and your sloppiness here (and subsequently here). Weseling afterward is what the immature do.

So glad you're so obsessed to go back and check. And I wasn't "nailed" in either case. I was right in both and still am. Don't feel bad Modo. :)
Yes, I am obsessed with accuracy. You should give it a shot sometimes.

You must of kicked that habit a long time ago then. Because you are obviously still pissed off from that thread. You're a joke, why don't you go back to try and take the "N-Word" back. Don't clutch those pearls too hard now. :rofl:

You must of kicked that habit a long time ago then. Because you are obviously still pissed off from that thread. You're a joke, why don't you go back to try and take the "N-Word" back. Don't clutch those pearls too hard now. :rofl:
I'm also obsessed with logic, and logic is something that often escapes those who are overwrought with emotions, like we see with you right now. Irrelevance will get you nowhere and will not change the fact that you have been sloppy in fact checking the media lately.

Last edited:
Here's where McNulty got re-elected in 1990:

New York 23 Michael R. McNulty Democratic

Michael R. McNulty (D) 64.1%

Margaret B. Buhrmaster (R) 35.9%

If you look, you'll see that map is much the same as it is today.

United States House of Representatives elections, 1990 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Except it's not the same as it is now.
Except, it is. It just had MORE land area then, but still including the same as now.

Except, it is. It just had MORE land area then, but still including the same as now.

Could you get me an actual map of District 23 in 1990? I don't see one.

By the way, from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York's_23rd_congressional_district_special_election,_2009

The 23rd has historically been one of the more Republican districts in the Northeast. Some portions of the district have not been represented by a Democrat since 1871; other portions have not been represented by a Democrat since 1851, when the Whig Party still existed.
Although McHugh was consistently elected with over 60% of the vote, in recent years the district has been more competitive in United States presidential elections, with George W. Bush winning the district in both 2004 against John Kerry (51%–47%) and 2000 against Al Gore (49%–47%),[7] and Barack Obama defeating John McCain in the district 52%–47% in 2008.

And from 93-2003:

1993–2003
All of Chenango, Madison, Oneida, Otsego
Parts of Broome, Delaware, Herkimer, Montgomery, Schoharie

But now:

All of Clinton, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oswego, St. Lawrence
Parts of Essex, Fulton, Oneida

Last edited:

Could you get me an actual map of District 23 in 1990? I don't see one.

By the way, from Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York's_23rd_congressional_district_special_election,_2009

The 23rd has historically been one of the more Republican districts in the Northeast. Some portions of the district have not been represented by a Democrat since 1871; other portions have not been represented by a Democrat since 1851, when the Whig Party still existed.
Although McHugh was consistently elected with over 60% of the vote, in recent years the district has been more competitive in United States presidential elections, with George W. Bush winning the district in both 2004 against John Kerry (51%–47%) and 2000 against Al Gore (49%–47%),[7] and Barack Obama defeating John McCain in the district 52%–47% in 2008.
And from 93-2003:

1993–2003
All of Chenango, Madison, Oneida, Otsego
Parts of Broome, Delaware, Herkimer, Montgomery, Schoharie

But now:

All of Clinton, Franklin, Hamilton, Jefferson, Lewis, Madison, Oswego, St. Lawrence
Parts of Essex, Fulton, Oneida
Yup I saw that while you were posting it.

Now let's see if Modo is willing to admit she made a mistake.

Forum List

Back