Fox News on top: Network hits 10 years of #1

kidrocks

Gold Member
Jan 23, 2012
Fair and balanced my ass but in any case, congratulations Fox News.

Fox News on top: Cable net celebrates 10 years at #1 in ratings | The Cutline - Yahoo! News

Last fall, Fox News celebrated its 15th anniversary with a lavish party in New York. Fox News president Roger Ailes, who launched the channel in 1996, toasted 700 or so staffers that night, telling them, "Losing is highly overrated as a learning experience."

On Tuesday afternoon, when Nielsen releases its final ratings for the month of January, the "fair and balanced" network will mark an arguably more important milestone: 10 consecutive years at the top of the cable news rankings...

That is a pretty significant achievement. Not bad for a Network they said would be gone in just a couple of years.

Last edited:
The far left says that Fox News lies. I have watched all the channels and I can say that Fox is the most fair of all the other cable news. Shepard Smith is a great anchor and has a great sense of humor and love watching him daily IF they lie so much then why are they always on top in ratings

The far left says that Fox News lies. I have watched all the channels and I can say that Fox is the most fair of all the other cable news. Shepard Smith is a great anchor and has a great sense of humor and love watching him daily IF they lie so much then why are they always on top in ratings

On top because they feed the dittoheads.

If popularity equates to quality, Lady Gaga would be considered the greatest musical influence of all time and Mozart would be forgotten. Congratulations Fox on being the Lady Gaga of news media.

Hence why they should always be included in discussions about the mainstream media.

If popularity equates to quality, Lady Gaga would be considered the greatest musical influence of all time and Mozart would be forgotten. Congratulations Fox on being the Lady Gaga of news media.

Yeah right, you would be the first one in line to vote for her if she ran as a Democrat. You don't fool anyone. I call Bullshite. :lol:

Yeah right, you would be the first one in line to vote for her if she ran as a Democrat. You don't fool anyone. I call Bullshite. :lol:
OOOOOooooo! You're perceptive! Hey look! It's something shiny!

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

to debunk your rediculous analogy....

Mozart, centuries later, is still listened to and appreciated by the masses....Lady GaGa will be forgotten in about 5 years and then get recognized the day she dies....and then quickly forgotten again.

But putting that aside....when it comes to news programs....popularity is based on quality...not by the Network itself.

Unless, of course, you see Americans as idiots.

Is that it? Americans are stupid? Except, of course, the ones that agree with you.

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

:lol: Just stop lying. You know if she ran as a Democrat, you would be the first dummy at the Polls to vote for her. Do you really think you're fooling anyone? You can hop off your high-horse now.

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

Mozart, centuries later, is still listened to and appreciated by the masses....Lady GaGa will be forgotten in about 5 years and then get recognized the day she dies....and then quickly forgotten again.

But putting that aside....when it comes to news programs....popularity is based on quality...not by the Network itself.

Is that it? Americans are stupid? Except, of course, the ones that agree with you.

Popularity isn't based on quality. Is every popular kid at school a quality student? Is Jersey Shore a quality show? Is Britney Spears a quality singer?

I don't care about Fox's ratings, I don't watch any of the garbage news channels we have. Just saying popularity doesn't equal quality.

From week of Jan 16th...

Rank - Show - Millions of Viewers
1. NFC Champs: Giants/49ers 57.6
2. American Idol (Wed) 21.9
3. American Idol (Thu) 18.0
4. Big Bang Theory 15.8
5. Person of Interest 14.4
6. The Mentalist 14.2
7. Betty White: 90th Birthday 13.9
8. NCIS 13.2
9. Criminal Minds 13.0
* Two and a Half Men 13.0
11. Off Their Rockers 12.3
12. CSI 12.0
13. Modern Family 11.9
14. 2 Broke Girls 11.4
* Rob 11.4
16. Mike & Molly 11.1
17. Hawaii Five 10.7
18. Alcatraz 10.1
* How I Met Your Mother 10.1
20. Castle 9.4
* Grey's Anatomy 9.4
* NCIS: Los Angeles 9.4

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

Don't even bother. That dummy would support Lady Gaga lickety-split if she ran for office as a Democrat. He or she is the kind of dummy who voted for Jerry Springer. He or she is just expressing bitter jealousy in bashing Fox News. It's lame stuff.

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

Popularity isn't based on quality. Is every popular kid at school a quality student? Is Jersey Shore a quality show? Is Britney Spears a quality singer?

I don't care about Fox's ratings, I don't watch any of the garbage news channels we have. Just saying popularity doesn't equal quality.

look at what you just said...then lets apply logic to it...

To kids...popularity is based on the quality of a childs athletic ability, looks, and confidence....as that is what is important to them.

To late teens early 20's Jersey shore is based on what they see as a quality topic....drinking sex fun and sun....as that is what is important to them

To Brittany fans...it is (was) based on the quality of her sex appeal...because that is what was important to them

So what would news watchers base quality on? The quality of the news....becasue that is what is important to them.

Or do you think there is another reason they watch fox over others?

look at what you just said...then lets apply logic to it...

To kids...popularity is based on the quality of a childs athletic ability, looks, and confidence....as that is what is important to them.

To late teens early 20's Jersey shore is based on what they see as a quality topic....drinking sex fun and sun....as that is what is important to them

To Brittany fans...it is (was) based on the quality of her sex appeal...because that is what was important to them

So what would news watchers base quality on? The quality of the news....becasue that is what is important to them.

Or do you think there is another reason they watch fox over others?

I'll use your logic of quality.

Some think quality is factual reporting of the news.

Some think quality is having their opinion repeated back to them.

Some think quality is attacking one party, and propping up another.

Some think quality is hearing an opposing viewpoint.

And as a side point, I know people who watch Jersey Shore and admit it's a terrible show it's just entertaining.

Like I said I don't like any of the news channels, but popular doesn't equal quality, in my opinion at least.

Fox News on top: Network hits 10 years of #1

Another nail in the "Liberal Media" lie. :lol:

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

There are some American who get their "news" from The Daily Show. There are other Americans who do not watch any news media at all. And there are some Americans who wait all day for Springer to come on.

Who could possibly see Americans as idiots given the depth and width of the information they consume?

Forum List

Back