Fox News on top: Network hits 10 years of #1

I gotta admit though........Im not missing election night on MSNBC for ANYTHING in the world. Gonna be cant miss TV if you are a conservative minded person.

If you ever wanted to see what a group of far lefties look like with telephone polls slammed up their poopers, it's what you're tuning into!! The level of misery is going to be bring a new definition of giddy to every single conservative on the planet.

What do you alll say we help MSNBC get over the hump ratings wise for one single epic night!!:rock::rock::rock:

of which there is CNN, MSNBC, and others

SO much for THAT answer of yours.
I imagine the MAJORITY of the people are somewhere OTHER than Fox News. They are on line, listening to the radio, reading their local newspapers, watching Springer and grooving on Lady GaGa on their iPods.

Granted MORE people are watching Fox than other cable news outlets, but it ain't THE MAJORITY of Americans.

So sorry....minor detail....I assumed you knew what I meant seeing as we are talking about cable news ratings...

So I will calrify.....

The majority of cable news watchers, watch fox news....now, if you say it is becuase Fox News validates their sentiments...as you said earlier...then I guess you agree with one of two things...either fox is deemed as quality over the others...or most cable news watchers lean to the right.

Which one is it?
Okay! Along with gun nuts, religious zealots, anti-science hammer heads and those with a third grade education, most cable news viewers are are right wingers.

wow...is it that you just want to argue?

Look at your post....

You agree with me....yet you say it like you dont...

Yes...many see quality for different reasons...but the majority of the people watch Fox News becuase it meets their individual standard of quality.

And your firends that watch Jersey Shore......they see it as quality entertainment....maybe they see it as a terrible concept on the outside...but if they find it entertaining, they see it as qulity entertainment...for whatever reason.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the use of the word quality.

By quality with regard to a news channel I would think of reporting in an unbiased way, which isn't a way I would even remotely describe Fox.

It's capitalism at work though, no complaints here.

You see...when I watch Fox News and they are discussing a political topic....and they have guests to discuss the topic...I see and hear from people from both sides of the debate.

Whereas the Anchor may be right leaning...I get to hear both sides.

I used to watch CNN......and they more often than not had only one person discuss the topic...not necessarily right or left......but only one view on the topic.

If I need to hear ones views? I would like to hear the opposing view as well.

Fox offers that.

Agree to disagree. Not a big fan of their anti-Paul agenda, their anti-democrat agenda is clear but i hate democrats so i don't really care if they're making their shit look a little shittier.. Not cool that they insert old footage to make it seem like Ron Paul is being booed when he's not, that's obviously on purpose and they did the same thing in the opposite way to make Palin look like she had more support than she did.. Or when he wins THEIR polls and Hannity laughs it off as no big deal and he has no support.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the use of the word quality.

By quality with regard to a news channel I would think of reporting in an unbiased way, which isn't a way I would even remotely describe Fox.

It's capitalism at work though, no complaints here.

You see...when I watch Fox News and they are discussing a political topic....and they have guests to discuss the topic...I see and hear from people from both sides of the debate.

Whereas the Anchor may be right leaning...I get to hear both sides.

I used to watch CNN......and they more often than not had only one person discuss the topic...not necessarily right or left......but only one view on the topic.

If I need to hear ones views? I would like to hear the opposing view as well.

Fox offers that.

Agree to disagree. Not a big fan of their anti-Paul agenda, their anti-democrat agenda is clear but i hate democrats so i don't really care if they're making their shit look a little shittier.. Not cool that they insert old footage to make it seem like Ron Paul is being booed when he's not, that's obviously on purpose and they did the same thing in the opposite way to make Palin look like she had more support than she did.. Or when he wins THEIR polls and Hannity laughs it off as no big deal and he has no support.

wait...I think we are on a different page.

Hannity is not the news...nor is Fox and Friends...or Oreilly.

I am referring to the only worthy news program....The 6 oclock report...

Now, when I compare that to CNN or MSNBC.....I see no comparison. I learned alot about Newt watching fox...and I gotta tell you...and I mean this....I learned alot about Hillary watching fox....to the point where she had my vote...not becuase of the great I thoiught she would do...but I truly believed she would get a lot more done with the republicans than any of the GOP candidates would with the democrats.

I imagine the MAJORITY of the people are somewhere OTHER than Fox News. They are on line, listening to the radio, reading their local newspapers, watching Springer and grooving on Lady GaGa on their iPods.

Granted MORE people are watching Fox than other cable news outlets, but it ain't THE MAJORITY of Americans.

So sorry....minor detail....I assumed you knew what I meant seeing as we are talking about cable news ratings...

So I will calrify.....

The majority of cable news watchers, watch fox news....now, if you say it is becuase Fox News validates their sentiments...as you said earlier...then I guess you agree with one of two things...either fox is deemed as quality over the others...or most cable news watchers lean to the right.

Which one is it?
Okay! Along with gun nuts, religious zealots, anti-science hammer heads and those with a third grade education, most cable news viewers are are right wingers.

And there you go.....take an intersting debate and turn it into childish crap.

Sadly, you are one that sees himself as being right and anyone who disagrees with you deserves a slanderous nickname.

Hey...glad it works for you.

So I will calrify.....

Which one is it?

And there you go.....take an intersting debate and turn it into childish crap.

Sadly, you are one that sees himself as being right and anyone who disagrees with you deserves a slanderous nickname.

Hey...glad it works for you.
I really never considered the virtues and qualities of Fox News as worthy of an "interesting debate". I see it as ham handed cheerleading on behalf of those who think they are getting informed but are actually tuning in to validate their own world view. Kind of a 'rub your nose in it because we're more popular than you' topic. Hardly interesting.

Last edited:
They even sued and won for the right to lie. They carry the banner for Republican "Values".

No, they didn't. They sued for the right to control their own content, and they were backed in that lawsuit by every major news organization in the country. Facts are scary, huh?

Let's not get carried away...

They were backed by five news orgainizations, not every major news organization.

Belo Corporation, Cox Television, Inc., Gannett Co., Inc., Media General Operations, Inc., and Post-Newsweek Stations, Inc.

Fox did not initiate the lawsuit. Fox never sued to control content. Jane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson sued Fox after they were fired from working for Fox for refusing to alter information from Monsanto during a report about hormones and cows. They initially won but then the decision was reversed on appeal. THEN Fox filed a lawsuit against Akre and Wilson to recoup trial costs.

"During their appeal, FOX asserted that there are no written rules against distorting news in the media. They argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves. Fox attorneys did not dispute Akre’s claim that they pressured her to broadcast a false story, they simply maintained that it was their right to do so."
11. The Media Can Legally Lie | Project Censored

If popularity equates to quality, Lady Gaga would be considered the greatest musical influence of all time and Mozart would be forgotten. Congratulations Fox on being the Lady Gaga of news media.

Likewise kudos to Obama for being the Lady Gaga of presidents.

And for the record, much like Obama, Gaga appeals to the lowest common denominator.

They even sued and won for the right to lie. They carry the banner for Republican "Values".

No, they didn't. They sued for the right to control their own content, and they were backed in that lawsuit by every major news organization in the country.

Facts are scary, huh?

Facts are not scary. I think it was more about money than anything else.....

Jane Akre and her husband Steve Wilson are former employees of Fox owned-and-operated station WTVT in Tampa, Florida. In 1997, they were fired from the station after refusing to knowingly include false information in their report concerning the Monsanto Company’s production of RBGH, a drug designed to make cows produce more milk. They successfully sued under Florida’s whistle blower law and were awarded a US $425,000 settlement by jury decision. However, Fox appealed to an appellate court and won, after the court declared that the FCC policy against falsification that Fox violated was just a policy and not a “law, rule, or regulation”, and so the whistle blower law did not apply.

Fox News Boycott | Fox-Can-Lie Lawsuit

If popularity equates to quality, Lady Gaga would be considered the greatest musical influence of all time and Mozart would be forgotten. Congratulations Fox on being the Lady Gaga of news media.

And for the record, much like Obama, Gaga appeals to the lowest common denominator.
So you think President Obama is widely popular? Did you read the post, or are you shooting from the hip? Reflexes have been finely tuned, but the brain is a few steps behind. Here's your Tea Party membership card! You qualify!

So you think President Obama is widely popular? Did you read the post, or are you shooting from the hip? Reflexes have been finely tuned, but the brain is a few steps behind. Here's your Tea Party membership card! You qualify!

According to the libs on this board he's the next best thing to the wheel. So yeah, my point stands.

*begins slow drum roll for the fox hate yet to come*

There's no reason to hate, for hate's sake Gramps. I mean, they have the corner on RW tv media. I believe that there was some buzz a couple years back about establishing another teevee RW network. http://articles.nydailynews.com/201..._comcast-officials-comcast-sportsnet-web-site I'm all for it, because it would give FOX some competition.

It should be no surprise that FOX does so well, numberswise.

What they have created is a place where all disgruntled people, aka self-proclaimed "Conservatives" can congregate for their self-chosen and pre-approved "news."

Whereas, CNN, msnbc, etc. are all vying for the same people. They can't outFOX FOX so they can never pull the rabid RWers in. Therefore they share amongst the rest of the normal thinking population and FOX keep the mass of the BORG.

It's not rocket-science.

Last edited:

According to the libs on this board he's the next best thing to the wheel. So yeah, my point stands.

He's just the best one to be at the wheel. Better than any of those Republican nominees. You can't even say why you like them. Name one policy that you agree with.

The far left says that Fox News lies. I have watched all the channels and I can say that Fox is the most fair of all the other cable news. Shepard Smith is a great anchor and has a great sense of humor and love watching him daily IF they lie so much then why are they always on top in ratings

The Ten Most Egregious Fox News Distortions (VIDEO)

NewsHounds

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rqdtZlec0s]FOX NEWS- LIES, LIES, LIES --See For Yourself (part 1 of 2) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZpQEd1d7I"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5ZpQEd1d7I[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_vmQrTi3aM[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KzzDZo6GY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-KzzDZo6GY[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5eDDL1WuM&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8T5eDDL1WuM&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited:

He's just the best one to be at the wheel. Better than any of those Republican nominees. You can't even say why you like them. Name one policy that you agree with.

I'll give you three.

Repeal obamacare
Stop the freight train of spending
ABO

Great film.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WINDtlPXmmE]Network - Mad as Hell Scene - YouTube[/ame]

I'll give you three.

Repeal obamacare
Stop the freight train of spending
ABO

us-federal-budget-deficit-2000-2011.jpg

Forum List

Back