Fox News becomes first cable news network to finish No. 1 for 20 straight years with dominant start to 2022

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Reading the numbers, it's pretty amazing really. I thought they dropped the ball on Election Night, but over time, viewers have come back and then some.

Fox News made history to kick off 2022, finishing January as the No. 1 cable news network for the 20th consecutive year among both total day and primetime viewers.

During January, Fox News averaged 1.4 million total viewers for a 4% increase compared to last year, while MSNBC averaged 656,000 for a 60% drop compared to Jan. 2021. CNN settled for only 493,000 average viewers, marking a 74% drop compared to last year.

Fox News averaged 226,000 among the key news demographic of adults age 25-54, compared to only 101,000 for CNN and a dismal 74,000 for MSNBC.

Fox News also crushed competitors during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m., averaging 2.2 million compared to 1.2 million for MSNBC and only 633,000 for CNN. Along the way, Fox News was home to 95 of the top 100 cable news telecasts for the month.

"Cable news" is the key words.

ABC, NBC, and CBS News have about 4 - 6 times as many viewers than Fox each.

Reading the numbers, it's pretty amazing really. I thought they dropped the ball on Election Night, but over time, viewers have come back and then some.

Fox News made history to kick off 2022, finishing January as the No. 1 cable news network for the 20th consecutive year among both total day and primetime viewers.

During January, Fox News averaged 1.4 million total viewers for a 4% increase compared to last year, while MSNBC averaged 656,000 for a 60% drop compared to Jan. 2021. CNN settled for only 493,000 average viewers, marking a 74% drop compared to last year.

Fox News averaged 226,000 among the key news demographic of adults age 25-54, compared to only 101,000 for CNN and a dismal 74,000 for MSNBC.

Fox News also crushed competitors during the primetime hours of 8-11 p.m., averaging 2.2 million compared to 1.2 million for MSNBC and only 633,000 for CNN. Along the way, Fox News was home to 95 of the top 100 cable news telecasts for the month.
Fox is entertainment for the sick and deprived

I am not of the right wing persuasion, so their nighttime line up is a biased to their editorial position direction as MSNBC or CNN. Prime time sucks for all three.
That said, I am frequently on FOXNEWS in the daytime. 15 minutes for random 15 minutes, I see more of just new reporting that is factual, not editorialized and moves on to next story than CNN or MSNBC, both of these two always have room and time to editorialize and shape, but also reporting on less stories as the air time is taken up with the message, not the news.

Last edited:
I would hardly call Fox right wing and they lost so many...i will never come back and i know others who are the same way. It may very well be and i believe this to be so...that the left wing media has so few viewers that fox is beating that...which is not all that difficult. Probably a lot of on the fence lefties and blacks have left Cnn/pMsnbc/Etc because they're fed up with the lies and election theft, inflation, gas prices, loss of freedom. Additionally...the only thing saving Fox is CArlson and the Five...is Jeanine still on.

I'm done with HAnnity. The only thing he had going for him was that he was on right after Rush. Now that's gone and i've turned him off. He's the lindseyGraham of Talk radio in my opinion.

oh...did they mention Newsmax. I"ll bet Newsmax is giving Fox a run for its money.

"Cable news" is the key words.

ABC, NBC, and CBS News have about 4 - 6 times as many viewers than Fox each.
No way. They have like what 1/2 hour nightly news or something like that. The Fox News Channel has almost 1/2 the total viewers and the main free networks regardless of programming.

"Providence had also been pleased to give this connected country to one united people, "a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs. . . . This country and this people seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Providence, that an inheritance so proper and convenient . . . should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous and alien sovereignties."​

AMart Avatar. That is awesome. Diversity and multiculturalism for their own sake is destruction.

"Providence had also been pleased to give this connected country to one united people, "a people descended from the same ancestors, speaking the same language, professing the same religion, attached to the same principles of government, very similar in their manners and customs. . . . This country and this people seem to have been made for each other, and it appears as if it was the design of Providence, that an inheritance so proper and convenient . . . should never be split into a number of unsocial, jealous and alien sovereignties."​

AMart Avatar. That is awesome. Diversity and multiculturalism for their own sake is destruction.
John Jay The Federalist Papers.

Forum List

Back