Fox News on top: Network hits 10 years of #1

They even sued and won for the right to lie. They carry the banner for Republican "Values".

Popularity isn't based on quality. Is every popular kid at school a quality student? Is Jersey Shore a quality show? Is Britney Spears a quality singer?

I don't care about Fox's ratings, I don't watch any of the garbage news channels we have. Just saying popularity doesn't equal quality.

look at what you just said...then lets apply logic to it...

To kids...popularity is based on the quality of a childs athletic ability, looks, and confidence....as that is what is important to them.

To late teens early 20's Jersey shore is based on what they see as a quality topic....drinking sex fun and sun....as that is what is important to them

To Brittany fans...it is (was) based on the quality of her sex appeal...because that is what was important to them

So what would news watchers base quality on? The quality of the news....becasue that is what is important to them.

Or do you think there is another reason they watch fox over others?

I'll use your logic of quality.

Some think quality is factual reporting of the news.

Some think quality is having their opinion repeated back to them.

Some think quality is attacking one party, and propping up another.

Some think quality is hearing an opposing viewpoint.

And as a side point, I know people who watch Jersey Shore and admit it's a terrible show it's just entertaining.

Like I said I don't like any of the news channels, but popular doesn't equal quality, in my opinion at least.

wow...is it that you just want to argue?

Look at your post....

You agree with me....yet you say it like you dont...

Yes...many see quality for different reasons...but the majority of the people watch Fox News becuase it meets their individual standard of quality.

And your firends that watch Jersey Shore......they see it as quality entertainment....maybe they see it as a terrible concept on the outside...but if they find it entertaining, they see it as qulity entertainment...for whatever reason.

OOOOOooooo! You're perceptive! Hey look! It's something shiny!

disco-ball-150x150.jpg

idiot

to debunk your rediculous analogy....

Mozart, centuries later, is still listened to and appreciated by the masses....Lady GaGa will be forgotten in about 5 years and then get recognized the day she dies....and then quickly forgotten again.

But putting that aside....when it comes to news programs....popularity is based on quality...not by the Network itself.

Unless, of course, you see Americans as idiots.

Is that it? Americans are stupid? Except, of course, the ones that agree with you.
There are some American who get their "news" from The Daily Show. There are other Americans who do not watch any news media at all. And there are some Americans who wait all day for Springer to come on.

Who could possibly see Americans as idiots given the depth and width of the information they consume?

yes...

And yet most Americans turn to Fox when it comes to informing themselves as to what is going on in the world.

Not sure where the disconnect is here.

To kids...popularity is based on the quality of a childs athletic ability, looks, and confidence....as that is what is important to them.

To late teens early 20's Jersey shore is based on what they see as a quality topic....drinking sex fun and sun....as that is what is important to them

To Brittany fans...it is (was) based on the quality of her sex appeal...because that is what was important to them

So what would news watchers base quality on? The quality of the news....becasue that is what is important to them.

And as a side point, I know people who watch Jersey Shore and admit it's a terrible show it's just entertaining.

Like I said I don't like any of the news channels, but popular doesn't equal quality, in my opinion at least.

Look at your post....

Yes...many see quality for different reasons...but the majority of the people watch Fox News becuase it meets their individual standard of quality.

And your firends that watch Jersey Shore......they see it as quality entertainment....maybe they see it as a terrible concept on the outside...but if they find it entertaining, they see it as qulity entertainment...for whatever reason.

Nosmo would vote for Snooky from Jersey Shore, but only if she ran as a Democrat. He or she should just hop their high-horse now. Dummies like him or her voted for Jerry Springer when he ran for Mayor of Cincinatti.

Last edited:
The far left says that Fox News lies. I have watched all the channels and I can say that Fox is the most fair of all the other cable news. Shepard Smith is a great anchor and has a great sense of humor and love watching him daily IF they lie so much then why are they always on top in ratings

but you are a retard so who cares.

Are you really in middle school because you sure act like one. Why dont you grow up man!

to debunk your rediculous analogy....

Mozart, centuries later, is still listened to and appreciated by the masses....Lady GaGa will be forgotten in about 5 years and then get recognized the day she dies....and then quickly forgotten again.

But putting that aside....when it comes to news programs....popularity is based on quality...not by the Network itself.

Unless, of course, you see Americans as idiots.

Is that it? Americans are stupid? Except, of course, the ones that agree with you.
There are some American who get their "news" from The Daily Show. There are other Americans who do not watch any news media at all. And there are some Americans who wait all day for Springer to come on.

Who could possibly see Americans as idiots given the depth and width of the information they consume?

yes...

And yet most Americans turn to Fox when it comes to informing themselves as to what is going on in the world.

That Americans are idiots and people watch Fox News not for information but validation. If they wanted information, they would seek it from a less openly biased source.

yes...

That Americans are idiots and people watch Fox News not for information but validation. If they wanted information, they would seek it from a less openly biased source.

Yeah, like you do that? :lol:

Look at your post....

Nosmo would vote for Snooky from Jersey Shore, but only if she ran as a Democrat. He or she should just hop their high-horse now. Dummies like him or her voted for Jerry Springer when he ran for Mayor of Cincinatti.
Wow! you know, I mean absolutely KNOW everything about me but my gender.

Have you ever considered that the voice in your head might be your thoughts and not an invading alien bent on your personal destruction?

yes...

So you are saying that the majority of the people want validation from what you call a right leaning news channel?

What does that say about the majority of the people?

Look at your post....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the use of the word quality.

By quality with regard to a news channel I would think of reporting in an unbiased way, which isn't a way I would even remotely describe Fox.

It's capitalism at work though, no complaints here.

yes...

So you are saying that the majority of the people want validation from what you call a right leaning news channel?

they have cable

they have cable

of which there is CNN, MSNBC, and others

SO much for THAT answer of yours.

Fox News has a niche and that's why they've been so successful. Most actually predicted they would fold and go away very quickly. But that hasn't happened. In fact, the opposite has happened. They're kicking some serious ass. Many Americans grew very tired of the Liberal/Democrat-dominated MSM. So Fox News came along and benefited from that dissatisfaction. They're not the usual Democrat-cheerleading MSM outlet, and Millions of people love that about them.

They found their niche and have become wildly successful. And obviously that upsets the Left and especially the Democrat MSM. It's great that we have alternatives to choose from in this country. For far too long we only had the Liberal/Democrat MSM. So i appreciate Fox News. It's good having them around. Kudos to them. :)

Look at your post....

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the use of the word quality.

By quality with regard to a news channel I would think of reporting in an unbiased way, which isn't a way I would even remotely describe Fox.

It's capitalism at work though, no complaints here.

You see...when I watch Fox News and they are discussing a political topic....and they have guests to discuss the topic...I see and hear from people from both sides of the debate.

Whereas the Anchor may be right leaning...I get to hear both sides.

I used to watch CNN......and they more often than not had only one person discuss the topic...not necessarily right or left......but only one view on the topic.

If I need to hear ones views? I would like to hear the opposing view as well.

Fox offers that.

They even sued and won for the right to lie. They carry the banner for Republican "Values".

No, they didn't. They sued for the right to control their own content, and they were backed in that lawsuit by every major news organization in the country.

Facts are scary, huh?

they have cable

I imagine the MAJORITY of the people are somewhere OTHER than Fox News. They are on line, listening to the radio, reading their local newspapers, watching Springer and grooving on Lady GaGa on their iPods.

Granted MORE people are watching Fox than other cable news outlets, but it ain't THE MAJORITY of Americans.

No, they didn't. They sued for the right to control their own content, and they were backed in that lawsuit by every major news organization in the country.

Facts are scary, huh?

Exactly why I respionded to rdeans post as I did..

If you must spin the truth, then you have very little confidence in your position.

they have cable

I imagine the MAJORITY of the people are somewhere OTHER than Fox News. They are on line, listening to the radio, reading their local newspapers, watching Springer and grooving on Lady GaGa on their iPods.

Granted MORE people are watching Fox than other cable news outlets, but it ain't THE MAJORITY of Americans.

So sorry....minor detail....I assumed you knew what I meant seeing as we are talking about cable news ratings...

So I will calrify.....

The majority of cable news watchers, watch fox news....now, if you say it is becuase Fox News validates their sentiments...as you said earlier...then I guess you agree with one of two things...either fox is deemed as quality over the others...or most cable news watchers lean to the right.

Which one is it?

New Topics

Forum List

Back