NBC....Unintentional Humor

Discussion in 'Media' started by PoliticalChic, Jan 31, 2012.

1. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,860
    1. "Fear Factor's" intended finale episode recently vanished from TV listings. Monday night's primetime lineup originally included "Hee Haw! Hee Haw!" a season sendoff said to feature a challenge in which contestants were asked to consume -- brace yourself -- donkey semen, ..."
    The Clicker - NBC pulls 'Fear Factor's' donkey semen episode

And, in a related tale....

2. "A USA Today article quotes a statement Brokaw made via NBC in response to Mitt Romney's new "History Lesson" ad. The TV spot, which began running in Florida this weekend, is mostly footage from a 1997 Nightly News report on Newt Gingrich's ethics violation. And while Brokaw is admittedly rather sassy in the footage, he doesn't appreciate having it used out of context in a campaign attack ad.

I am extremely uncomfortable with the extended use of my personal image in this political ad. I do not want my role as a journalist compromised for political gain by any campaign.

Meanwhile NBC spokesperson Lauren Kapp claims the campaign was, in fact, sent a letter demanding removal of all NBC News material from its ads. While these two play "he said, she said," perhaps Brokaw himself will somehow put a stop to this madness. If you've seen how sour this man's face gets, you know he means business.

And you do not fuck with Tom Brokaw's journalistic integrity."
    New Romney Ad Makes Tom Brokaw "Extremely Uncomfortable"

3. Then there was this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzMas1bVidw]Brokaw and Rose Admit They Don't Know Much About Obama. - YouTube[/ame]

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,594
    Brokaw and Rose...two of the journalism class and they didn't know squat about the ding-dong from Chicago. Nice job, fellas.

3. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    You mean "class journalism", don't you? Sort of puts the lie to the "liberal media" all being Obama cheerleaders, doesn't it?

4. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,678
    I never really watched the show but from just watching the commercials, maybe "Fear Factor" should be re-named "Gross Out Factor"! :puke:

5. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,860
    Konny, you could be the poster boy for 'Political Ignorance."

The conversation in question took place October 30, 2008

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|0...harlie_Rose_and_Tom_Brokaw.mp3|0|R~0|0|0|File not found. (e029a7af)

Now, ask your social studies teacher the date of the election.

On PBS, as a 'cya' conversation....somewhat akin to the NYTimes putting retractions on page B26....

So, what your post actually proves is the gullibility of (insert your name here), and some of the public.

Our first Republican President must have had you in mind when he said:
    "You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time."

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  6. blastoff

blastoff Undocumented Reg. User

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,594
    Quite the contrary. Bozos like these two, and others, knew virtually nothing about this jerk yet willingly carried his water for months. Granted, maybe some of them were concentrating too hard trying to ignore the National Enquirer's yellow brick road to John Edwards, his babe, and their bastard, so they just didn't have time to think up any who-is-this-guy questions for a relative nobody running for president.

7. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,915
    Konny fainted when he read about "Donkey semen"

8. paulitician

paulitician Platinum Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,972
    'Donkey Semen?' Yeah, Democrats really eat that shit up. ;)

9. barry35malone

barry35malone Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Absolutely wonderful post. there were so many ideas that I got from you and now I will have to happily and excitedly re-purpose my future discussion. Very well done and thank you so much for sharing such n important post. I also appreciated all the comments made by other members.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. konradv

konradv Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,662
    What does the date have to do with it? Maybe you're just not as smart as you think you are. If the media is as relentlessly liberal as claimed, wouldn't they be touting Obama instead? Tell me, what am I getting fooled about? I feel like I'm pointing out how others have been fooled by blanket condemnations of the media.