Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now POTUS was surveilled at any time. Full stop.

This is good....where there is smoke there is fire...but many on the Left don't know what this means...

Shattuck: For Obama, spying is nothing new

The Democrats want you to think this is a crazy conspiracy theory for an unhinged tweeting president.

But Obama has a rich legacy of using the federal government as a political weapon and it would be foolish to think he suddenly started restraining himself, when he was never held to account by either the media or Democrats in power.

Remember, Obama’s Justice Department secretly subpoenaed the private phone records of Associated Press editors and reporters. It was pure spying.

Fox News reporter James Rosen and his family were wiretapped.

Former CBS news reporter Sharyl Attkisson’s computer was hacked by the government.

Add to these incidents the harassment of conservative 501(c)(4) organizations by Obama’s IRS, and the mercenary nature of the Obama administration reveals itself.

We’re told Obama administration officials went to the FISA Court twice last year for warrants to conduct electronic surveillance on candidate Trump. Why?

The DNC leaks show that DNC staffers were formulating “Russia” attacks on Trump as far back as last April, with one email between two committee members reading “the pro-Russia stuff ties in pretty well to idea that Trump is too friendly with Putin/weak on Russia.”

Then there is the infamous “dossier” — anonymous reports that Trump campaign members were speaking to Russian officials with some frequency last year and the existence of wiretapped audio.

Obama’s spokesman issued a statement this weekend, declaring, “Neither President Obama nor any White House official ever ordered surveillance on any U.S. citizen.” A sentence carefully crafted with the precision of someone battening down the legal hatches.
Tom Shattuck | Boston Herald

I think I'll pass.
Yet much of his column can't be disputed. They are facts. Why do you dislike facts?

Donald Trump watched a Fox news commentator (editorialist) and because he doesn't know the difference between news and news commentary, construed it as fact rather than as the speculative and baseless editorial it was. Trump is likely not alone in thinking that editorial segments on Fox are news and not commentary.

Be that as it may, Trump, idiot that he is, by tweeting/repeating something he heard on television, managed to create an international row with the U.S.' most ardent ally. WTH? I'm sorry. That's just downright unacceptable in a POTUS. Hearing Napolitano's remarks, assuming Trump was of a mind to make something of it -- presumably political capital -- his duty as POTUS was to make sure that the information was indeed accurate and well founded.

Did he do that? Hell no! He did what his throngs of nitwit Trumpkins do: take what he heard on Fox as gospel and run with it, piss off our closest ally and send all branches of the government on what has been, in effect, the biggest "snipe hunt" in recent history. Trump wouldn't even own the fact of his failure to exhibit the barest modicum of intellectual responsibility, instead saying that people should reach out to Fox for more details.

And what did Fox have to say mere minutes after he did so?

"Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano's commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now President of the United States was surveilled at any time in any way. Full stop."

Trump once again exhibits neither legitimate intelligence, nor keen leadership and communication skills, nor basic common sense, nor the barest shred of integrity. What we've just witnessed for TWO F*CKING WEEKS is the shenanigans of a ten year old.
  • Just how damned stupid must one be to ascend to the presidency of the U.S. and yet not be able to discern and editorial from a news story?
  • How can that man and all his top advisors -- all of whom have ready access to the best intelligence sources on the planet, to say nothing of the organizations that would have tactically orchestrated any such alleged surveillance -- not have any better sense than to try attributing the wiretapping/surveillance activity to the Brits because...wait for it....because some dude on television said so?
  • How is it that so damn many American voters could not see the sheer idiocy that underpinned all the talk? Not see this sort of BS coming when for months on end they were told daily that this man is a loon?
  • How can Spicer -- a man whom I know is not a complete idiot -- stand there every day and hear Trump's lies and misrepresentations and swear to them? He has to know that pretty much everything Trump says, other perhaps than his name, is emptier than a winter rain barrel. And yet he stands there and defends that BS. How can he live with himself? How can that man sleep at night? It's not as though he needs the job of Press Secretary or the money it pays.
Trump is green as a gourd and just as tasteless.

A lack of evidence does not preclude the existence of a thing.

Like Peter Pan. I mean just because there is no evidence that he exists doesn't mean he doesn't man.

Yeah...clearly to the leftist Obama surveilling millions of people including Trump is just like believing in Peter Pan....but only to the 1%/establishment/statist/ruling class controlled DUPE.

...but Trump and Putin colluded to steal the election.

Donald Trump watched a Fox news commentator (editorialist) and because he doesn't know the difference between news and news commentary, construed it as fact rather than as the speculative and baseless editorial it was. Trump is likely not alone in thinking that editorial segments on Fox are news and not commentary.

Be that as it may, Trump, idiot that he is, by tweeting/repeating something he heard on television, managed to create an international row with the U.S.' most ardent ally. WTH? I'm sorry. That's just downright unacceptable in a POTUS. Hearing Napolitano's remarks, assuming Trump was of a mind to make something of it -- presumably political capital -- his duty as POTUS was to make sure that the information was indeed accurate and well founded.

Did he do that? Hell no! He did what his throngs of nitwit Trumpkins do: take what he heard on Fox as gospel and run with it, piss off our closest ally and send all branches of the government on what has been, in effect, the biggest "snipe hunt" in recent history. Trump wouldn't even own the fact of his failure to exhibit the barest modicum of intellectual responsibility, instead saying that people should reach out to Fox for more details.

"Fox News cannot confirm Judge Napolitano's commentary. Fox News knows of no evidence of any kind that the now President of the United States was surveilled at any time in any way. Full stop."

Trump once again exhibits neither legitimate intelligence, nor keen leadership and communication skills, nor basic common sense, nor the barest shred of integrity. What we've just witnessed for TWO F*CKING WEEKS is the shenanigans of a ten year old.
  • Just how damned stupid must one be to ascend to the presidency of the U.S. and yet not be able to discern and editorial from a news story?
  • How can that man and all his top advisors -- all of whom have ready access to the best intelligence sources on the planet, to say nothing of the organizations that would have tactically orchestrated any such alleged surveillance -- not have any better sense than to try attributing the wiretapping/surveillance activity to the Brits because...wait for it....because some dude on television said so?
  • How is it that so damn many American voters could not see the sheer idiocy that underpinned all the talk? Not see this sort of BS coming when for months on end they were told daily that this man is a loon?
  • How can Spicer -- a man whom I know is not a complete idiot -- stand there every day and hear Trump's lies and misrepresentations and swear to them? He has to know that pretty much everything Trump says, other perhaps than his name, is emptier than a winter rain barrel. And yet he stands there and defends that BS. How can he live with himself? How can that man sleep at night? It's not as though he needs the job of Press Secretary or the money it pays.

It'd be worth giving that concept some consideration were it that the persons who initially aired the charge to have evidence for it. As it stands right now and measured from a probabilistic standpoint, the claim is vastly less compelling than is the proposition that Earth isn't the only place in the universe to have life.

Like Peter Pan. I mean just because there is no evidence that he exists doesn't mean he doesn't man.

Yeah...clearly to the leftist Obama surveilling millions of people including Trump is just like believing in Peter Pan....but only to the 1%/establishment/statist/ruling class controlled DUPE.

...but Trump and Putin colluded to steal the election.

2+2 does not start to equal five just because you are counting oranges instead of apples.

Off Topic:
Does USMB advertise somewhere whereby it actively recruits conspiracy theorists? I'm serious. I just can't believe how many people who post on here actually buy into notions of there being some sort of a conspiracy behind damn near everything.

Yes, many captains of commerce and industry, capitalists, engage in a small bit of oligopolistic collaboration to make money -- in a competitive way, not an insidiously guileful way -- but not in the sense of actively trying to keep specific people or classes of them down, or under their thumb, or for the other sorts of silly conspiratorial ends often alluded to in posts on here.

From what I have observed, Trump is actually one of the few who machinates malignantly without regard to the impact(s) to get his way for little but the sake of doing it. He's an exception, however, and the man isn't even at the top of the list among billionaires....hell, he's "barely" a billionaire (he's more than adequately well off, though), if in fact he is one...he's had a lot of operating losses and business failures.

Truly, I think Trump buys into conspiracy theories because he conspires. He's just like the kid who, upon being rightly accused of doing something "bad," he immediately finds someone to accuse of doing the same thing. I'm sure the man has a very guilty conscience and all his bluster is just his way of living with it because he'd be too chagrined to openly own up to it.​

Loretta Lynch’s deafening silence throughout this whole episode is notable. As is the lack of media interest in getting her on the record. (As Rush says, the drive-bys are scared of the answers, so they avoid the questions).

Loretta Lynch has nothing to say because IT NEVER HAPPENED. Obama said nothing either. There is no point in dignifying these baseless accusations with a denial.
So who asked for the two FISA warrants?

Last edited:
Rightwing bullshit generator in action:

From BRET BAIER, the source of Trump's claims:

What happened was, it was a pretaped interview with Speaker Ryan. I was going through a series of things that I wanted to ask him. I came across a RealClearPolitics write-up of the public reporting that had been compiled the night before by Mark Levin. It was listing all of the things that had been publicly reported by different news organizations. He compiled it in a talk show and he’s talked about that, RealClearPolitics summarized it. I asked Ryan about these reports, saying, “had he heard anything about it.” To be honest with you, Bill, I expected the Speaker to say "no" and we would probably cut that part out of it. But because of his answer and the way he kind of cryptically answered it, I asked again, you heard me, and asked again. And it seemed like he was somehow tangentially confirming it. We went back to Paul Ryan and he said no. That is not true. I haven't seen any evidence.

Barrie noted the origins of the character in further writings. So there.

Trump noted the origins of his claim is a Fox show that was rehashing baseless say-so's with Ryan, who responded that he has no reason to believe them to be true. So there.

Media Matters has zero credibility. Once again, Shepard Smith is only one opinion and doesn't represent Fox News as a whole. Also he is a deviant Homosexual which means his brain is diseased.

Trump noted the origins of his claim is a Fox show that was rehashing baseless say-so's with Ryan, who responded that he has no reason to believe them to be true. So there.

Not true.

Not true.

Stfu idiot.

If you are going to respond at least do the decent thing and present some sort of argument or evidence. Monkey like you asserting something is MEANINGLESS.

Not true.

Stfu idiot.

If you are going to respond at least do the decent thing and present some sort of argument or evidence. Monkey like you asserting something is MEANINGLESS.
Why are you a dupe for the 1%, the ruling class, the establishment...the wealthy elite media....the D party?

You have nothing in common with them. Why do you allow them to deceive you?

Not true.

Stfu idiot.

Everything you've posted so far is meaningless and debunked.

The deviant entity known as the homosexual Shepard Smith is anti-Trump and spitting out fake news. Napolitano on the other hand knows what he's talking about. Wiretaps did take place.

If they did take place and you know they took place, then you have the evidence to prove it. So, come on....
Ask the Jew York Slimes. They broke the story back on inauguration day.

C6QFVLwUsAEz7cI.jpg

Post the article that confirms surveillance at TT.

Not true.

Stfu idiot.

Why are you a dupe for the 1%, the ruling class, the establishment...the wealthy elite media....the D party?

You have nothing in common with them. Why do you allow them to deceive you?

What do your fantasies have to do with the discussion here?

The deviant entity known as the homosexual Shepard Smith is anti-Trump and spitting out fake news. Napolitano on the other hand knows what he's talking about. Wiretaps did take place.

If they did take place and you know they took place, then you have the evidence to prove it. So, come on....
Ask the Jew York Slimes. They broke the story back on inauguration day.

C6QFVLwUsAEz7cI.jpg

Post the article that confirms surveillance at TT.

Forget it man, he is too much of a monkey to understand that an article containing words "wiretaped" and "Trump" may actually not be at all about Obama (or even anyone else) wiretapping Trump.

That sort of thing requires a brain function that understands not only words, but their relationships in a sentence and context as well.

Trump says his Obama wiretap claim came from New York Times

Forum List

Back