FOX decides name-recognition should be criteria for debate. maybe Bieber should run.

Foxitis thread. Seek help there is a cure
Do you even bother to read threads before you comment? Except for the subject line, it isn't about FOX at all!
So if it's not about FOX what then? The only other thing I can see is the newest version of Bush Derangement Syndrome which is starting sooner than expected if the left is griping about Jeb being in a debate.

I guess the larger picture is its about how the media filter our debate.........how name-recognition passes for credibility....

Maybe we shouldnt even have a president......Ben Franklin didnt want one.....

I believe they are deciding on who should be in the debate based on their poll numbers seems reasonable enough. For those who disagree with this method how would you decide which candidates to put in the debate? Since your worried about debates how are Democrats going have them with only one legitimate candidate?

You have a bit of a point, but I've heard of some 19 that are somewhat prominent...Fiorina and Trump in business only I guess....Carson? in medical field ...but at least at first have them all

It looks like might have 4 democrats, like to see them all in a debate.
The reality is a lot of these people will fall away rather quick Trump is just a publicity stunt he does this every four years never runs Fioina has a litle campign experience as she tried to run unsuccessfully for Congress but thats it Carson is a good man smart but has never served in public office in any capacity. I saw this morning John Bolton one of the possibles on the list said he won't run I wonder how many more will drop out before the debate is even here?

About 75% of the GOP field haven't declared their candidacy. It's way too early to start crying about who might be invited to the debates.

As weAK as so many of these "candidates " are, I expect many of them to be vague memories by the time debate season rolls around.

I believe they are deciding on who should be in the debate based on their poll numbers seems reasonable enough. For those who disagree with this method how would you decide which candidates to put in the debate? Since your worried about debates how are Democrats going have them with only one legitimate candidate?

You have a bit of a point, but I've heard of some 19 that are somewhat prominent...Fiorina and Trump in business only I guess....Carson? in medical field ...but at least at first have them all

The reality is a lot of these people will fall away rather quick Trump is just a publicity stunt he does this every four years never runs Fioina has a litle campign experience as she tried to run unsuccessfully for Congress but thats it Carson is a good man smart but has never served in public office in any capacity. I saw this morning John Bolton one of the possibles on the list said he won't run I wonder how many more will drop out before the debate is even here?

Trump only tried to run once before I'am pretty sure. Anyway FOX's criteria will allow in Trump...he has thte name recognition

It has nothing to do with name recognition. Liberals lie. They lie about everything. The debstes will be limited to the top ten who poll the highest. Many in the GOP field aren't in the race at all. They are assumed to be candidates.

Trump only tried to run once before I'am pretty sure. Anyway FOX's criteria will allow in Trump...he has thte name recognition
He has never actually done a debate that I can recall he will talk this up go on all the talk shows then drop out as he always does.

It has nothing to do with name recognition. Liberals lie. They lie about everything. The debstes will be limited to the top ten who poll the highest. Many in the GOP field aren't in the race at all. They are assumed to be candidates.
huh? Drinking :booze: this early in the morning tipsy? Who gave you exclusive access to any facts?

huh? Drinking :booze: this early in the morning tipsy? Who gave you exclusive access to any facts?
Aren't you one of the potheads that wants to legalize drugs? You haven't taken enough today. You don't own facts.

Aren't you one of the potheads that wants to legalize drugs? You haven't taken enough today. You don't own facts.
ummm..... I stopped messing around w/ things like that when I went into the military Sugar Shorts

Now, where were we? Oh yes, addressing the OP.

Fox and the Repubs main contributors (polluters and the already wealthy) determine who participates.

ummm..... I stopped messing around w/ things like that when I went into the military Sugar Shorts

Now, where were we? Oh yes, addressing the OP.

Fox and the Repubs main contributors (polluters and the already wealthy) determine who participates.
Full blown Foxitis case ^^^^^^^

He has never actually done a debate that I can recall he will talk this up go on all the talk shows then drop out as he always does.

"as he always does"?...he did it ONCE before...but whatever ...FIX's superficial criteria will let him in the debates I think,...if he wants in.

polling the highest at this point IS name recognition

"as he always does"?...he did it ONCE before...but whatever ...FIX's superficial criteria will let him in the debates I think,...if he wants in.
He has no real interest in running everyone knows this it wouldn't matter who was sponsoring this debate they would not be including those polling between 3 and 5 percent. I will be surprised if the Democrats even have a debate given there is no one remotely close Hillary or a even a mild challenge to her if they do have one it will be nothing more than show piece to give the illusion of there being an actual race.

He has no real interest in running everyone knows this it wouldn't matter who was sponsoring this debate they would not be including those polling between 3 and 5 percent. I will be surprised if the Democrats even have a debate given there is no one remotely close Hillary or a even a mild challenge to her if they do have one it will be nothing more than show piece to give the illusion of there being an actual race.

How can you know the man's mind?...you don't know. Hes saying a lot of the right things...especially on trade where some of the other candidates are going along with this BS global governance stuff.

Martin O'Mally(sp?) Bernie Sanders and Jim Webb all bring unique perspectives.......and I think they genuinely want the post.

How can you know the man's mind?...you don't know. Hes saying a lot of the right things...especially on trade where some of the other candidates are going along with this BS global governance stuff.

Martin O'Mally(sp?) Bernie Sanders and Jim Webb all bring unique perspectives.......and I think they genuinely want the post.
I can form an opinion based on his past history he isn't saying anything he has not said before and I see no reason to believe the end result will be any different this time. As for O'Mally, Sanders, and Webb I believe they are all jockying for the VP spot or a cabinet position which is all so what a lot of the Republican contenders are doing.

If someone offered to make you a $20 bet on whether there will end being Democratic primary debates, would you take it, on the side of them not happening?

If someone offered to make you a $20 bet on whether there will end being Democratic primary debates, would you take it, on the side of them not happening?
No because they will likely have one just to give the apperance that this not a coronation for Hillary even though we all know she has no real challenger.

No because they will likely have one just to give the apperance that this not a coronation for Hillary even though we all know she has no real challenger.

So in fact, you don't think that you'll be surprised if in the Democrats even have a debate. So if someone offered the same bet but instead that they'll have at least two primary debates, would you take it?

Forum List

Back