Four Comedians Canceled in Seattle

It's implied by their demands of the comedy club you dipshit. The only thing they have to leverage the demand that the club drop the acts is their future patronage. Don't blame the story for not hand holding you through that obvious conclusion.
No, YOU implied that, not the article. You make up stuff because you're a liar. Go to bed.

No, YOU implied that, not the article. You make up stuff because you're a liar. Go to bed.
No.. the article implied that and on further reading, said absolutely nothing about anyone demanding anything. You lied and made that up. Here's a quote from the article that is from the comedy club operator.

"After careful consideration and discussions with our team, investors, local comedians, and neighborhood advocacy groups, we've encountered a challenging situation that requires us to revisit the planned shows," the email reportedly read. "Capitol Hill is known for its progressive values, and we've received significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood's ethos. This feedback includes concerns from local advocacy groups that are deeply embedded in our community and work towards upholding its values."

"This decision was not made lightly, and we want to ensure it does not reflect on your talent and the quality of your work but is instead a reflection of our commitment to our community's values," the club wrote.

They themselves mentioned investors. Of course the decision came down to money. MORON.

No.. the article implied that and on further reading, said absolutely nothing about anyone demanding anything. You lied and made that up. Here's a quote from the article that is from the comedy club operator.

"After careful consideration and discussions with our team, investors, local comedians, and neighborhood advocacy groups, we've encountered a challenging situation that requires us to revisit the planned shows," the email reportedly read. "Capitol Hill is known for its progressive values, and we've received significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood's ethos. This feedback includes concerns from local advocacy groups that are deeply embedded in our community and work towards upholding its values."

"This decision was not made lightly, and we want to ensure it does not reflect on your talent and the quality of your work but is instead a reflection of our commitment to our community's values," the club wrote.

They themselves mentioned investors. Of course the decision came down to money. MORON.
Read the article and research the neighborhood. You're ignorant, stupid and a liar. Have a good night.

Just think if they were sponsored by Bud Light. Then they wouldn't be able to work anywhere.

What about the free speech of the comedians, you damn idiot.
Free Speech is allowed, but only a MORON fails to realize that such Free Speech has Consequences.

Do you understand consequences?????

Or do you think any 'phrases' uttered are protected by the Constitution?

Didn't feel like signing up with FOX link in the OP, so from another source. Some context;
The Capitol Hill Comedy Bar abruptly canceled shows featuring comedians Dave Smith, Luis Gomez, Jim Florentine and Kurt Metzger, all represented by the same agent. The cancellations, spanning from April to October, were met with confusion and frustration by the affected performers.
The email sent to the comedians cited “significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood’s ethos” and emphasized the club’s desire to maintain harmony within the community.

The comedy club is located in the CHAZ district of Seattle. CHAZ is an acronym for Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, which became infamous in the height of the George Floyd protests when protesters there declared the city block area an autonomous region to approach social justice. They adopted the slogan “Free Capitol Hill,” providing a “safe space for demonstration and artistic expression.”
Despite the setback, Florentine and his colleagues received overwhelming support and offers for new gigs. The Tacoma Comedy Club, located just 30 minutes south of Seattle, swiftly stepped in to book all four comedians, effectively replacing their canceled dates.

Yup! Capitol Hill, Seattle. Site of the Leftist (AntiFa and BLM, etc.) insurrection and riots of Summer 2020. Neighborhood has really declined since I lived there about 50 years ago.

Didn't feel like signing up with FOX link in the OP, so from another source. Some context;
The Capitol Hill Comedy Bar abruptly canceled shows featuring comedians Dave Smith, Luis Gomez, Jim Florentine and Kurt Metzger, all represented by the same agent. The cancellations, spanning from April to October, were met with confusion and frustration by the affected performers.
The email sent to the comedians cited “significant feedback expressing concerns about the alignment of these upcoming shows with the neighborhood’s ethos” and emphasized the club’s desire to maintain harmony within the community.

The comedy club is located in the CHAZ district of Seattle. CHAZ is an acronym for Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone, which became infamous in the height of the George Floyd protests when protesters there declared the city block area an autonomous region to approach social justice. They adopted the slogan “Free Capitol Hill,” providing a “safe space for demonstration and artistic expression.”
Despite the setback, Florentine and his colleagues received overwhelming support and offers for new gigs. The Tacoma Comedy Club, located just 30 minutes south of Seattle, swiftly stepped in to book all four comedians, effectively replacing their canceled dates.

Yup! Capitol Hill, Seattle. Site of the Leftist (AntiFa and BLM, etc.) insurrection and riots of Summer 2020. Neighborhood has really declined since I lived there about 50 years ago.
Thank you.

You claimed that you "don't give a fuck about the Constitution" yesterday.
What changed?
:rolleyes:
Nothing. What's missing from your claim is context. When I said I don't care about the constitution, I was saying it in the context that it wasn't some magic document that ended tyranny. I pointed out the fact that it actually protected tyranny long after the tyrannical empire America broke away from gave up tyranny. I don't think the constitution is special, or sacred, it's a set of laws like any other. However they do define the boundaries of the law and in so doing protect the freedom to voice your displeasure and vote with your wallet.

The people of the neighborhood met with club ownership and the shows were canceled. You're ignorant of the neighborhood.
You're ignorant of how arguments work. That they met with them doesn't prove your claim that they did something other than express how displeased the community would be by these performers and how bad that would be for their bottom line.

Nothing. What's missing from your claim is context. When I said I don't care about the constitution, I was saying it in the context that it wasn't some magic document that ended tyranny. I pointed out the fact that it actually protected tyranny long after the tyrannical empire America broke away from gave up tyranny. I don't think the constitution is special, or sacred, it's a set of laws like any other. However they do define the boundaries of the law and in so doing protect the freedom to voice your displeasure and vote with your wallet.
Great.
Have a 🥨
:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back