Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.

KMAN

Jul 9, 2008
Funny how the founding fathers were trying to get away from Europe and now liberals are trying to turn the country back into Europe...

Wouldn't it be easier to move to Europe?

Funny how the founding fathers were trying to get away from Europe and now liberals are trying to turn the country back into Europe...

Wouldn't it be easier to move to Europe?

Yeah. I bet they would hate how England wanted to control the rest of the world and not leave America along, and now America wants to control the rest of the world and not leave the Middle East alone. That shit would make them sick.

Yeah. I bet they would hate how England wanted to control the rest of the world and not leave America along, and now America wants to control the rest of the world and not leave the Middle East alone. That shit would make them sick.

Your take on things would be hilarious if not so pathetic. Remind me again what we did during Jefferson's Presidency to the Barbary Pirates? Just for starters.

Your take on things would be hilarious if not so pathetic. Remind me again what we did during Jefferson's Presidency to the Barbary Pirates? Just for starters.

Mostly we paid them off, RGS, just like European nations did.

Doesn't it suck to learn that practically everything we both were told about history is mostly wrong?

I know it sure as hell pissed me off when I finally got the WHOLE story.

You can get a thumbnail of the FIRST BARBARY WAR here, FYI.

YOu will find, if you actually follow that link and read it, that yes, indeed, our Marines and Navy did land on the shores of Tripoli, and we definitely DID kick some ass on the land and on the sea.

Mostly to no avail, however... as you will see if you follow the story to its conclusion.

Like I say, read the whole entry on this the FIRST Barbary War, and then entry for the SECOND Barbary War, too.

Be prepared to be somewhat surprised to learn that the ITALIANS finally solved that problem for all of Europe and the USA too.

semper fi

Mostly we paid them off, RGS, just like European nations did.

Doesn't it suck to learn that practically everything we both were told about history is mostly wrong?

I know it sure as hell pissed me off when I finally got the WHOLE story.

You can get a thumbnail of the FIRST BARBARY WAR here, FYI.

YOu will find, if you actually follow that link and read it, that yes, indeed, our Marines and Navy did land on the shores of Tripoli, and we definitely DID kick some ass on the land and on the sea.

Mostly to no avail, however... as you will see if you follow the story to its conclusion.

Like I say, read the whole entry on this the FIRST Barbary War, and then entry for the SECOND Barbary War, too.

Be prepared to be somewhat surprised to learn that the ITALIANS finally solved that problem for all of Europe and the USA too.

semper fi

Yup sure thing that would be why the Navy and the Marine Corps were sent. And yes we did pay them for a while but then we said NO more. What is your point?

We fought a WAR with them. So much for your we kept paying them off claim.

You didn't read it, or if you did, you and I arrived at different conclusions about what it meant, RGS.

SOMETIMES facing an enemy with nothing but a conventional military is like pissing on an anthill.

Sure you can drown a lot of them, but then eventually you run out of piss.

Americans are not trying to control the world, Americans are just more creative, intelligent, thoughtful, caring and brave.

You didn't read it, or if you did, you and I arrived at different conclusions about what it meant, RGS.

SOMETIMES facing an enemy with nothing but a conventional military is like pissing on an anthill.

Sure you can drown a lot of them, but then eventually you run out of piss.

Which has nothing to do with the fact Jefferson sent our military to fight a war with the Barbary Pirates. And we won.

Freedom was a liberal concept jackass...

Liberal today is not liberal of that time. You dumb asses are all for Government control, for taxation without representation and for loss of any freedom that may infringe on YOUR ability to run the Country into the GROUND.

Well, for one, we signed the treaty of tripoli with muslim nations clarifying that this was not a christian nation...

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

Treaty of Tripoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Liberal today is not liberal of that time. You dumb asses are all for Government control, for taxation without representation and for loss of any freedom that may infringe on YOUR ability to run the Country into the GROUND.
When will you start writing speeches for McCain?

Thats just stupid... partisan mumbo... its better to tax those that use services than cut taxes, spend like theres no tomorow then send the bill to our kids written in chinese... You can shove your biased propaganda crap squarly where the sun aint shinnin...

hey I was just razzing you

but in all seriousness learning about history is the best way to keep from repeating it.

MoreYouKnow.jpg

Forum List

Back