Founding Fathers are rolling over in their graves.

If its working so well why do people from those countries come here for treatment?

If it ours works so well why do seniors go to Mexico to buy drugs?

Likewise it didn't work, why don't people in these other democracies switch to our system?

If it ours works so well why do seniors go to Mexico to buy drugs?

Likewise it didn't work, why don't people in these other democracies switch to our system?

Because those countries screw us over by telling the pharmaceutical companies they can only charge a certain amount. And thus the costs of creating the drugs requires that they make the different up elsewhere. And where are they going to put most of the cost for the drugs? In the country without those laws. But if they didnt make up the costs for researching them, they wouldnt research and discover new drugs.

And the other democracies havent switched yet because the government has made alot of people dependent on the system. That is the whole point of any government program. Make people more and more depedent on you so they have to vote for you.

In order to fix the problem, it takes decades to get people educated and establish the political will to not be dependent on government. And I refuse to let our nation become slaves to government. We are in bad enough shape as we are because too many people are reliant on government. Have you ever been in the inner city? The people have lost their will to govern themselves because their leaders keep telling them the governments going to take care of them. It doesnt help them. It keeps them poor and creates alot of youth who think they are entitled to everything. That's the attitude that puts them in jail.

But what happens when people refuse govern themselves and be governed by law? Anarchy. Then despotism. If the western world does not change their ways away from government dependence you will see Democracies and Republics fall to tyranny. And the people will embrace it.

Because those countries screw us over by telling the pharmaceutical companies they can only charge a certain amount. And thus the costs of creating the drugs requires that they make the different up elsewhere. And where are they going to put most of the cost for the drugs? In the country without those laws. But if they didnt make up the costs for researching them, they wouldnt research and discover new drugs.

And the other democracies havent switched yet because the government has made alot of people dependent on the system. That is the whole point of any government program. Make people more and more depedent on you so they have to vote for you.

In order to fix the problem, it takes decades to get people educated and establish the political will to not be dependent on government. And I refuse to let our nation become slaves to government. We are in bad enough shape as we are because too many people are reliant on government. Have you ever been in the inner city? The people have lost their will to govern themselves because their leaders keep telling them the governments going to take care of them. It doesnt help them. It keeps them poor and creates alot of youth who think they are entitled to everything. That's the attitude that puts them in jail.

But what happens when people refuse govern themselves and be governed by law? Anarchy. Then despotism. If the western world does not change their ways away from government dependence you will see Democracies and Republics fall to tyranny. And the people will embrace it.

What a crop of sh*t. Other Western countries cover everyone for less money per capita than we do, and deliver better healthcare for everyone.

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

What a crop of sh*t. Other Western countries cover everyone for less money per capita than we do, and deliver better healthcare for everyone.

Mythbusting Canadian Health Care -- Part I | OurFuture.org

Better Care, not so sure waiting 6 months just for a diagnosis qualifies as better care. Better access to care, sure, better care? Hell no.

Our system has it's flaws, namely in access to it, but it is still the best damn health care money can buy.

Here you are saying shit like this, and you wonder why I call you a left wing loon. :cuckoo:

Better Care, not so sure waiting 6 months just for a diagnosis qualifies as better care. Better access to care, sure, better care? Hell no.

Our system has it's flaws, namely in access to it, but it is still the best damn health care money can buy.

Here you are saying shit like this, and you wonder why I call you a left wing loon. :cuckoo:

Did you read the link I posted? You are rather limited in your knowledge of the world I must say. Have you ever been to Europe or Canada?

Our system has flaws? Like being twice as expensive as everyone else's and not covering 47 million people. Our system is on the verge of failure.

From the link I posted....

10. This all sounds great -- but the taxes to cover it are just unaffordable. And besides, isn't the system in bad financial shape?
False. On one hand, our annual Canadian tax bite runs about 10% higher than our U.S. taxes did. On the other, we're not paying out the equivalent of two new car payments every month to keep the family insured here. When you balance out the difference, we're actually money ahead. When you factor in the greatly increased social stability that follows when everybody's getting their necessary health care, the impact on our quality of life becomes even more signficant.

And True -- but only because this is a universal truth that we need to make our peace with. Yes, the provincial plans are always struggling. So is every single publicly-funded health care system in the world, including the VA and Medicare. There's always tension between what the users of the system want, and what the taxpayers are willing to pay. The balance of power ebbs and flows between them; but no matter where it lies at any given moment, at least one of the pair is always going to be at least somewhat unhappy.

But, as many of us know all too well, there's also constant tension between what patients want and what private insurers are willing to pay. At least when it's in government hands, we can demand some accountability. And my experience in Canada has convinced me that this accountability is what makes all the difference between the two systems.

It is true that Canada's system is not the same as the U.S. system. It's designed to deliver a somewhat different product, to a population that has somewhat different expectations. But the end result is that the vast majority of Canadians get the vast majority of what they need the vast majority of the time. It'll be a good day when when Americans can hold their heads high and proudly make that same declaration.

Forum List

Back