"Fossil Fuels".............now THIS is interesting!

Don't panic, it's only about 30 seconds long..........you can sit through the whole thing!!!

So, what do you think?

Any archaelogical scientists in the house that can prove or disprove this?

1673703800217.jpeg

Lakes of "fossil fuels" on Saturn's Moon Titan

How and when did the dinosaurs get to Titan?

Don't panic, it's only about 30 seconds long..........you can sit through the whole thing!!!

So, what do you think?

Any archaelogical scientists in the house that can prove or disprove this?

It's a heated debate....but the truth is likely some of both sides.

Petroleum deposits are usually near fossils but not always do fossils create the Petroleum.

Heat and pressure are necessary to create hydrocarbons...and the perfect environment for Petroleum is the same as what exists for fossils.

Correlation is not causation.

It's a heated debate....but the truth is likely some of both sides.

Petroleum deposits are usually near fossils but not always do fossils create the Petroleum.

Heat and pressure are necessary to create hydrocarbons...and the perfect environment for Petroleum is the same as what exists for fossils.

Correlation is not causation.

Sure, and oil is abiotic

View attachment 747469

Lakes of "fossil fuels" on Saturn's Moon Titan

How and when did the dinosaurs get to Titan?

Just because it's black, doesn't mean it's oil.
Just saying.

Plus, with what I was taught in school regarding this subject, which was only about a weeks worth of chapter study.........
so it wasn't "in depth" by any means............

Oil came from decaying dinosaurs (and other life forms) that died because of the meter impact that created the "death cloud" over the planet and killed off most life.

The flesh of these dead and decaying lifeforms were dissipated by top crust organisms, because the ash and debris from the meteor impact that spread across the globe, covered the dead lifeforms like a blanket. So this caused the decaying matter to collect and seep into the ground.

Thus the ground surface acted as a filter for the decaying matter, which was carried down to levels where the bacteria could breed and multiply with what was left of the dead lifeforms. It all collected into pockets in the earth, where the bacteria had room to grow, as well as enough food to consume and create what we have today.

Whether thats actually all true or not is another issue. But thats what was taught when I was in school.

Sure, and oil is abiotic
Well all Petroleum is not oil. Petroleum includes such things as natural gas....a commodity known as LNG. (Used for everything from plastic film to adhesives)

Coal is obviously from biological sources...and it can make diesel. So the jury is out on what creates Petroleum....I'm thinking multiple sources myself. YMMV.

Well all Petroleum is not oil. Petroleum includes such things as natural gas....a commodity known as LNG. (Used for everything from plastic film to adhesives)

Coal is obviously from biological sources...and it can make diesel. So the jury is out on what creates Petroleum....I'm thinking multiple sources myself. YMMV.

I've heard that there is such thing as "vegan petroleum", that can be created from plant waste. Is this true?

If this is true, why isn't it being used for replacing or at least alleviating the heavy need for current "fossil" fuels?

Oil and coal is the remains of an era where primative trees covered the earth but no microbes existed capable of digesting them. For several million years all this carbon just lay around in the environment as thick drifts of dead tree trunks. Many of these trunks ended up in rivers and sunk where rivers emptied into the ocean to eventually be buried by sediments.

I've heard that there is such thing as "vegan petroleum", that can be created from plant waste. Is this true?

If this is true, why isn't it being used for replacing or at least alleviating the heavy need for current "fossil" fuels?
Nope....
Yellow coal can be made from forestry "byproducts" when they harvest a tree farm for lumber. And yellow coal makes diesel.

The reason it isn't being utilized is cost.
We can always create energy products. But what we truly need is CHEAP energy.

However:

Couple this with Biden's declaration last November about "No more Drilling" and it doesn't look good for cheap energy for the US.

Oil and coal is the remains of an era where primative trees covered the earth but no microbes existed capable of digesting them. For several million years all this carbon just lay around in the environment as thick drifts of dead tree trunks. Many of these trunks ended up in rivers and sunk where rivers emptied into the ocean to eventually be buried by sediments.
We all know that is what the current teaching is. Pay attention

I thought this was going to be about something even more interesting, that a lot of people don't know... The owners of Big Oil are the same ilk who came up with the "climate change" scam.

I've shared this documentary before, but I'll share it again. It's long, but the part to watch is Part 2, called "Oligarchs for Climate Change" so you can skip ahead to that. It starts at 36:24.

Just because it's black, doesn't mean it's oil.
Just saying.

Plus, with what I was taught in school regarding this subject, which was only about a weeks worth of chapter study.........
so it wasn't "in depth" by any means............

Oil came from decaying dinosaurs (and other life forms) that died because of the meter impact that created the "death cloud" over the planet and killed off most life.

The flesh of these dead and decaying lifeforms were dissipated by top crust organisms, because the ash and debris from the meteor impact that spread across the globe, covered the dead lifeforms like a blanket. So this caused the decaying matter to collect and seep into the ground.

Thus the ground surface acted as a filter for the decaying matter, which was carried down to levels where the bacteria could breed and multiply with what was left of the dead lifeforms. It all collected into pockets in the earth, where the bacteria had room to grow, as well as enough food to consume and create what we have today.

Whether thats actually all true or not is another issue. But thats what was taught when I was in school.
You were taught completely wrong

Get over it

Those are lakes of liquid methane larger than our Great Lakes

LOL

WTF??

And you mock Flat Earthers??

Forum List

Back