Former US President Jimmy Carter calls Arafat a "powerful human symbol"

-Cp

Sep 23, 2004
Earth
Carter makes me want to puke....

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/mideast_arafat_carter

MIAMI (AFP) - Former US President Jimmy Carter called Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) "a powerful human symbol and forceful advocate" who united Palestinians in their pursuit of a homeland.

"Yasser Arafat's death marks the end of an era and will no doubt be painfully felt by Palestinians throughout the Middle East and elsewhere in the world," Carter said.

"He was the father of the modern Palestinian nationalist movement. A powerful human symbol and forceful advocate, Palestinians united behind him in their pursuit of a homeland," he said in a statement distributed by his Atlanta, Georgia-based Carter Center.

He said that while Arafat provided "indispensable leadership to a revolutionary movement" and played a key role in forging a peace agreement with Israel in 1993, he was excluded from negotiations in recent years.

"My hope is that an emerging Palestinian leadership can benefit from Arafat's experiences, be welcomed to the peace process by (Israeli) Prime Minister (Ariel) Sharon and (US) President (George W.) Bush, and be successful in helping to forge a Palestinian state living in harmony with their Israeli neighbors," Carter said.

Both Carter and Arafat are Nobel peace prize laureates.

Arafat, who died at a Paris hospital early Thursday, was to be buried at his West Bank headquarters after a military funeral ceremony in Cairo Friday.

Carter "will not be attending the funeral," said Jon Moor, a Carter Center spokesman.

Former US President Jimmy Carter called Yasser Arafat (news - web sites) "a powerful human symbol and forceful advocate" who united Palestinians in their pursuit of a homeland.

Yeah..Powerful all right, as long as he could find someone to strap explosives too, and send innocent people to their death..JIMMY! You MORON!! GAWD why did we elect ever your ASS?

Sorry, I am a little young. I know that Carter was a fuck-up and that he believed in altruistic wars and what not... but can some one fill me in on why he is so hated? I mean, he couldn't have been worse than Buchanan, that douche just let the south secceed from the union without doing anything.

The love fest the left is having with Arafat (now that he is dead) is making me sick. When Castro dies, they will be making a hero out of him too. We truly are living in a time when so many perceive evil as good and good as evil.

JohnGalt said:
Sorry, I am a little young. I know that Carter was a fuck-up and that he believed in altruistic wars and what not... but can some one fill me in on why he is so hated? I mean, he couldn't have been worse than Buchanan, that douche just let the south secceed from the union without doing anything.

He turned America from superpower to superjoke. Add to that his self serving bullshit JUST to win the nobel peace prize..It was all about him and his ego and NOT about anything good he had to offer.

thanks, kinda. So is America still a "super joke" or has his retreat from politics planted us in the superpower spot again?

Mr. P said:
Yeah..Powerful all right, as long as he could find someone to strap explosives too, and send innocent people to their death..JIMMY! You MORON!! GAWD why did we elect ever your ASS?

Anger over Nixon. I think there were just some dumb people back then. But then im a Reagan baby and Hindsight is 20/20

JohnGalt said:

Then there were the American hostages in Iran for A FRICKIN YEAR! That's inexcusable. The only reason we're losing hostages now is because they don't give us the time to find the little punks. Carter's turned into another leftist idiot, and I don't want to hear his bullcrap anymore.

arafat is a powerful human symbol of the great power monsters can achieve if allowed to. arafat would be worthy of at least a bit of praise if he'd had the balls to put his life on the line and accept peace in 2000, but instead he's just another murderous coward with very few redeeming qualities.

see what happens when you run a people like a colony?

Isn't it ironic that one or the primary obstacles to peace in the Middle East won the Nobel Peace Prize? of course, there are many who recently won the Nobel prize that have caused more strife in the world ... Gorbachov, Arafat, etc. One man who SHOULD have gotten the peace prize and didn't was Reagan...stopped the Soviet Bloc in its tracks and made them tear down a wall that had split Europe for decades....

Go figure!

JohnGalt said:
thanks, kinda. So is America still a "super joke" or has his retreat from politics planted us in the superpower spot again?
Jimmy Carter will most likely be remembered as one of the most inept presidents of the 20th century....

1. His economic policies caused inflation to rise to double digits in his 4 years as president.
2. During his presidency, the Soviets invaded Afghanistan and he responded by boycotting the Olympics
3. During his presidency, Americans were held hostage to Iranian fundamentalists for over a year
4. During his presidency, the America friendly Shah of Iran was overthrown and replaced with that of the Ayatollah Khomenei. The same regime that is now in Iran and posing a major threat to world peace.
5. Weakened the US military so much that even the rescue attempt to free the aforementioned American Hostages in Iran by our Special Forces ended in failure.

After his presidency, he fancied himself a diplomat and sage. He's rubbed elbows with luminaries as Fidel Castro (dictator of Cuba), Daniel Ortega (former dictator of Nicaragua), Arafat (who just contributed greatly to the Mid East peace process by dying), Assad (dictator of Syria), not to mention others.

But, of course, the Left is just in love with this guy. Which says something about the Left. That is... to the Left, it doesn't matter if you accomplish anything worthwhile, just as long as you believe in the correct things. The Left still thinks that Carter is a bastion of wisdom while ignoring the fact that he has failed to accomplish anything positive. At the same time, Ronald Reagan, the man who helped bring down the Soviet empire, presided over an unprecedented economic recovery, strengthened our military to the point that they are something to be reckoned with is considered by the Left to be a bumbling idiot because he didn't believe in Leftist philosophy.

Isn't it ironic that one or the primary obstacles to peace in the Middle East won the Nobel Peace Prize? of course, there are many who recently won the Nobel prize that have caused more strife in the world ... Gorbachov, Arafat, etc. One man who SHOULD have gotten the peace prize and didn't was Reagan...stopped the Soviet Bloc in its tracks and made them tear down a wall that had split Europe for decades....

Go figure!

Well, the conclusion that you make of this is that the process for awarding the Nobel Peace Prize is run exclusively by Leftists who use it to advance Leftist causes on a global scale. The latest winner is an African woman whose name escapes me, but made the remark that AIDS was a bio-weapon manufactured by the CIA. I wouldn't put any stock into the reputation of the Nobel Peace Prize if I were you, it's a bad joke.

CSM said:

Go figure!

yes, in retrospect, the nobel peace prize this year should have gone to reagan. the amazing truth of his accomplishments for freedom and peace only continue to grow in stature and importance, though putin and chechen terrorists are doing their best to ruin russia's advance to freedom and democracy.

JohnGalt said:

We are no longer a joke thanks to President Ronald Reagan. He was the gift from God that so many prayed for.

Mr. Bush the elder carried on the honorable tradition to such a high degree that even a weak and disgraceful Bill Clinton couldn't destroy it in eight years (although there were snickers from around the world and we were on the border of being an international joke).

Now, once again, honor is restored and anyone who is laughing (France) is insignifigant.

But, of course, the Left is just in love with this guy. Which says something about the Left. That is... to the Left, it doesn't matter if you accomplish anything worthwhile, just as long as you believe in the correct things. The Left still thinks that Carter is a bastion of wisdom while ignoring the fact that he has failed to accomplish anything positive. At the same time, Ronald Reagan, the man who helped bring down the Soviet empire, presided over an unprecedented economic recovery, strengthened our military to the point that they are something to be reckoned with is considered by the Left to be a bumbling idiot because he didn't believe in Leftist philosophy.
:clap: :clap:

Forum List

Back