Former US Marine Attacked By Israeli Commandos

dvinman

VIP Member
Dec 14, 2009
After seeing passengers shot at close range they tried to grab the weapons to stop the killing. Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe was later beaten by the Israelis.

A US war veteran said yesterday he confronted Israeli commandos when they raided a Gaza-bound aid ship which he had boarded as a peace activist, Anatolia news agency reported.

Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe, his face bruised and still stained with blood, flew to Istanbul from Tel Aviv, on his way to Ireland, the report said.
"We overpowered three Israeli commandos. They looked at us... They thought we would kill them, but we let them go," O'Keefe said, adding he took the weapon of one of the soldiers and emptied it, according to Anatolia.

The ex-marine said he saw five people being killed on board the Mavi Marmara.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeUhwELoKWo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Passengers grabbed Israeli weapons to stop the killing[/ame]

After seeing passengers shot at close range they tried to grab the weapons to stop the killing. Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe was later beaten by the Israelis.

A US war veteran said yesterday he confronted Israeli commandos when they raided a Gaza-bound aid ship which he had boarded as a peace activist, Anatolia news agency reported.

Kenneth Nichols O'Keefe, his face bruised and still stained with blood, flew to Istanbul from Tel Aviv, on his way to Ireland, the report said.
"We overpowered three Israeli commandos. They looked at us... They thought we would kill them, but we let them go," O'Keefe said, adding he took the weapon of one of the soldiers and emptied it, according to Anatolia.

YouTube - Passengers grabbed Israeli weapons to stop the killing

So? Since when was it a bright thing to get between an Israeli Commando and their target? If those "former Marine" peaceniks took any weapons it was because the Israeli's gave them up.

Just the usual faux outrage and sensationlist crap from the anti Jewish, pro murdering thug terrorist crowd.:cuckoo:

So? Since when was it a bright thing to get between an Israeli Commando and their target? If those "former Marine" peaceniks took any weapons it was because the Israeli's gave them up.

Just the usual faux outrage and sensationlist crap from the anti Jewish, pro murdering thug terrorist crowd.:cuckoo:

Targets? :disagree: Just the usual faux outrage and sensationlist crap from the pro Jewish, pro religious, thug terrorist crowd.:cuckoo:[/QUOTE]

Targets? :disagree: Just the usual faux outrage and sensationlist crap from the pro Jewish, pro religious, thug terrorist crowd.:cuckoo:
[/QUOTE]

In other words, you don't have an argument. You terrorist lovers suck.

The story coming from the flotilla side always seems to be changing. Every time new video or pictures come out the flotilla media handlers have to move the goal posts on what thier version states happened. From no violence, to violence in self defense, from no weapons to no "real weapons" etc.

Only the Israeli goverment's position has maintained the same points since the begininng. That one ship tried to prevent thier implementation of takeover of a vessel as per thier stated blockade of Gaza.

It also strikes me that the flotilla people have nothing to lose from lying. even when video shown contradicts thier inital accounts no one holds them to task on it.

seems neither side can see their own faults

REAL easy to see the difference between the side that uses terrorism against noncombatants as a strategy to wiping an established religion, race and nation from the face of the Earth, and the legitimate military of a nation chasing those criminals down.

REAL easy to see the difference between the side that uses terrorism against noncombatants as a strategy to wiping an established religion, race and nation from the face of the Earth, and the legitimate military of a nation chasing those criminals down.

Hard to argue with that...

...not that I think you are right, but if you cannot imagine anything but white or black... it is hard to discribe the concept of shades and colours...

Damn shame!

Probably one of the mercernies.

Too bad they didn't shoot and kill him for attacking the soliders.

...not that I think you are right, but if you cannot imagine anything but white or black... it is hard to discribe the concept of shades and colours...

Damn shame!
I do.

If anything the Israelis were much too restrained.

No other country would have put up with that shit. They boarded the ship to save civilians from being killed, rather than fire and sink the ship when she refused to stop, and go to Tel Aviv.

And obviously since Hamas refused to even take the aid, it was never about aid anyway.

It's a pure propoganda attack.

Damn shame!

In this case, it IS black or white, no imagination required. It does indeed require imagination to see a population that voted to be represented by and international terrorist organization as a national government as anything but criminal.

There are no shades of color in this issue. One organization is a world government that has been repeatedly attacked simply for its existence, and the other side uses unlawful means to wage a criminal war of terror against the former.

Where are you aplogistas when the Pali's routinely and purposefully violate the Geneva Convention and the Laws of Land Warfare? Busily pointing a finger at teh Israeli's for defending themselves.

Israel extended the olive branch by allowing the Pali's to return. They thanked Israel with rockets and suicide bombers.

Y'all just got no argument. If I decide you shouldn't live next door to me you'd be completely fine with me blowing up your house and killing you and your family? I think not.

Damn shame!
I do.

If anything the Israelis were much too restrained.

No other country would have put up with that shit. They boarded the ship to save civilians from being killed, rather than fire and sink the ship when she refused to stop, and go to Tel Aviv.

And obviously since Hamas refused to even take the aid, it was never about aid anyway.

It's a pure propoganda attack.

I can guarantee Israel is NOT happy with the outcome of their action - they do NOT want to kill civilians.

Underline: Good point. You will find the shades and colours between the Hamas betreyal of the population of Palestine and the poorley executed action taken by Israel forces.

Most likley the blockade will open up. Weapons smuggled in. Fired on Israel. Civilians killed. Israel strike back. Civilians killed. Next round. Same game.

In this case, it IS black or white, no imagination required. It does indeed require imagination to see a population that voted to be represented by and international terrorist organization as a national government as anything but criminal.

There are no shades of color in this issue. One organization is a world government that has been repeatedly attacked simply for its existence, and the other side uses unlawful means to wage a criminal war of terror against the former.

Where are you aplogistas when the Pali's routinely and purposefully violate the Geneva Convention and the Laws of Land Warfare? Busily pointing a finger at teh Israeli's for defending themselves.

Israel extended the olive branch by allowing the Pali's to return. They thanked Israel with rockets and suicide bombers.

Y'all just got no argument. If I decide you shouldn't live next door to me you'd be completely fine with me blowing up your house and killing you and your family? I think not.

As much as you deny it, there are shades! Israel extended an olive branch... think of it. Would Israel do such a thing to terrorists?

Not hardly, right?

So who was that olive branch intended for? Who is it that isn't exactly black... and aint exactly white either...?

As much as you deny it, there are shades! Israel extended an olive branch... think of it. Would Israel do such a thing to terrorists?

Not hardly, right?

So who was that olive branch intended for? Who is it that isn't exactly black... and aint exactly white either...?

The media made a hero out of the grandaddy of all terrorist, Yassir Arafat, gave him a Nobel peace prize. Israel had little choice but deal with Fatah as the government of Palestine. The Pali's voted Hamas power AFTER Israel allowed the Pali's to return.

So to answer your question, yes, Israel DID allow a terrorist organization because Arafat was willing to negotiate and no else represented the Pali's as legitimate government on the world stage.

It is black and white. Right vs wrong, and rather obviously so. Simple math: when the Pali's aren't shooting at Israel, Israel isn't shooting at Pali's. The reverse is not true.

There's a good guy and a bad guy here, one right and one wrong, one criminal one not. It's no more complicated than that and calling "shades of gray" does nothing but marginalize the actions on both sides.

The media made a hero out of the grandaddy of all terrorist, Yassir Arafat, gave him a Nobel peace prize. Israel had little choice but deal with Fatah as the government of Palestine. The Pali's voted Hamas power AFTER Israel allowed the Pali's to return.

So to answer your question, yes, Israel DID allow a terrorist organization because Arafat was willing to negotiate and no else represented the Pali's as legitimate government on the world stage.

It is black and white. Right vs wrong, and rather obviously so. Simple math: when the Pali's aren't shooting at Israel, Israel isn't shooting at Pali's. The reverse is not true.

There's a good guy and a bad guy here, one right and one wrong, one criminal one not. It's no more complicated than that and calling "shades of gray" does nothing but marginalize the actions on both sides.

Exactly. The olive branch was directed to the Palistinian people. Not Arafat, not Fatah and most certainly not Hamas.

It is strange, most of what you say I can agree with. You have a good insight to the mechanics in work. But you cannot possibly see anything else than exactly one good and one bad guy?

I can. But I guess we have a different opinions here. I also doesn't think shades marginalize anything.

There's a there good guy are and a a bad guy lot here, one of right and innocent one wrong people , one criminal getting one not. hurt It's no it more complicated is than that and calling "shades of gray" not does nothing but marginalize the actions on ok both sides.

:)

The videos of the Jews coming on the boats and then being viciously attacked are UNDENIABLE! The words of a few disingenious terrorist lack as much creditability as you do!

Forum List

Back