Former Trump press secretary says he showed classified documents to people on Mar-a-Lago dining patio

Jack Smith -

Convicted former Governor Bob McDonnel - Unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court.
Pursued John Edwards - mistrial by a hung jury
Pursued Bob Menendez - Mistrial charges dropped.

He was such an embarrassment that they loaned him out to the Hague.

There is more bad news for Trump. It might be a lie. But we do know that people have not told the truth, and yet they are not held accountable. Was it Hope Hicks that lied?
This is troubling, as information may have been leaked. Something needs to change to ensure nothing like this can happen again.
It is worthy of discussion as Classified documents are the "Nations Secrets". Yet again, this may be just a lie. Either way it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Saturday that she saw former President Trump show classified documents to people at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

“I watched him show documents to people at Mar-a-Lago on the dining room patio,” Grisham, who served as Trump’s chief spokesperson from July 2019 to April 2020, said in an interview on MSNBC. “So, he has no respect for classified information, never did.”

Here's something interesting for you to gander:

Presidents share classified info with their spouses and other family members who have no security clearance.

Here's something interesting for you to gander:

Presidents share classified info with their spouses and other family members who have no security clearance.
Like I said in my Summary (which is longer than the three sentences that are required)
Something needs to change to ensure nothing like this can happen again.

I don't guess it occurred to anyone that the folks that Trump allegedly showed the docs to may have had high enough security clearances themselves to be read-in.
You know as well as I do, Trump showed the classified documents to people, and it was for the sole purpose of "listen to me, I am the coolest"
but then again, all of this might be a lie.

From this morning's New York Times (6Jul23)- re: those classified docs the disgraced ex-president kept:

"A federal magistrate judge unsealed on Wednesday additional portions of the affidavit that the F.B.I. used last summer to obtain a warrant to search for sensitive documents at Mar-a-Lago, former President Donald J. Trump’s private club and residence in Florida, revealing a few new details about how that extraordinary process had unfolded.

The newly unredacted sections of the affidavit suggested that prosecutors had based their search, in part, on surveillance footage from cameras near a storage room in the basement of Mar-a-Lago showing Walt Nauta, a personal aide to Mr. Trump, moving dozens of boxes in and out of the room days before federal prosecutors arrived to collect any sensitive records still in Mr. Trump’s possession.

Echoing the indictment, the unredacted affidavit also noted that between May 24, 2022, and June 1, 2022, Mr. Nauta took 64 boxes out of the storage room at Mar-a-Lago but put back only 25 or 30 of them.

“The current location of the boxes removed from the storage room but not returned to it is unknown,” the affidavit said.

The newly unredacted portions of the affidavit also say that Mr. Corcoran told the government that he had been informed that there were no classified records “in any private office space or other location in Mar-a-Lago” — an assertion that the search of the property revealed to be untrue."

(Emphasis by my avatar, not the Times.)

"There went the brain-dead automatons programmed to spew their bile and hatred because they're terrified of Trump."
Well, I know nuthin' about automatons or bile & hatred, poster Galt. However, I do believe there is a significant constituency of American citizens who sincerely believe that Don Trump is not fit for the POTUS job and can do great harm to America. They sincerely believe that.
And, not unimportantly, there are cogent arguments supporting that belief.

No one needs automatons or bile and hatred for such. To allege such is merely histrionics by uber-partisans.
IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"They have Trump Derangment Syndrome. They spout off, swear and shout about their 'Orange Man Bad.'.......Then, they try to 're-imagine' the true meaning of TDS"

That's the thing with acronyms, poster Leo, they can be sorta like a universal tool, or all gender bathrooms ----anybody can use 'em for their own specific purposes.
Without too much 're-imagination'...... there are those who are identified frequently as TDS'rs --or as, Trump's Duped and Snookered, or Trump's Devoted Sycophants.

MAGA --Making Adultery Good Again, Making Attorneys Get Attorneys

IMHO

--------------------------------------------------------------------
"They said Trump would prosecute his political enemies. Biden is doing that."
The DOJ may very well be prosecuting a "political enemy" of Biden or even of Democrats, poster tyrone.
But the thing is, simply because one is a 'political enemy' of the party in power should NOT be a shield or a 'Get-Out-of-Jail' card if one has committed criminal acts.
Hell, I'd bet there are thousands of drug dealers, fraudsters, thieves, assaulters, murderers, etc. now sitting in jail and who viscerally dislike Joe Biden.

But that ain't the reason they are in prison.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Convicted former Governor Bob McDonnel - Unanimously overturned by the Supreme Court."

The thing is Billiejeens, he has had mixed results in his prosecutorial career. I ain't a prosecutor, or even a lawyer, but I suspect that is not unusual for active prosecutors, for a variety of reasons. Most especially in complex public-official prosecutions. Notably, Smith has gone after Democrats and Republicans. He has shown no bias.
He did get a conviction on the Virginia governor...who, with his wife solicited and got $170,000 to illegally assist a Virginia corporation. Yes, it was reversed by the Supreme Court as they disagreed on how to interpret a bribery statute. But Smith's team convinced a jury of citizens that the McDonnells were guilty.

His team proved to a federal jury that Republican congressman Rick Renzie --"committed 17 felony offenses related to conspiring to extort and bribe people seeking a federal land exchange." The jury of his peers convicted him.
Don Trump then pardoned him on his last day in office.

Photocopying machine.
FyWtDlHXsAEKGYi.jpg

Photocopying machine.
FyWtDlHXsAEKGYi.jpg
they have 10 at Mara Lago and that night they had all 10 going, making copies.
Again, who knows, right? it might be a lie, but then it might be true.

There is more bad news for Trump. It might be a lie. But we do know that people have not told the truth, and yet they are not held accountable. Was it Hope Hicks that lied?
This is troubling, as information may have been leaked. Something needs to change to ensure nothing like this can happen again.
It is worthy of discussion as Classified documents are the "Nations Secrets". Yet again, this may be just a lie. Either way it will all come out in the wash as they say.

Former White House press secretary Stephanie Grisham said Saturday that she saw former President Trump show classified documents to people at his Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida.

“I watched him show documents to people at Mar-a-Lago on the dining room patio,” Grisham, who served as Trump’s chief spokesperson from July 2019 to April 2020, said in an interview on MSNBC. “So, he has no respect for classified information, never did.”

why is this bad news? The President is allowed to share information with people....actually, Presidents do that all the time.

Forum List

Back