Former teacher has certificates suspended for speaking against sin of homesexuality on facebook

Weren't people here cheering and clapping with glee when that women was fired for giving Trump's motorcade the bird?
Freedom of speech is a lawsuit that cuts both ways. She should've sued. Glad people are starting to sue Facebook for violation of constitutional rights.

Weren't people here cheering and clapping with glee when that women was fired for giving Trump's motorcade the bird?
Freedom of speech is a lawsuit that cuts both ways. She should've sued. Glad people are starting to sue Facebook for violation of constitutional rights.

She did sue and Facebook wasn't the target. I would be interested to know what type of settlement was reached with the school district. I think it is bullshit that it was confidential considering the settlement likely involved taxpayer funds.

Last edited:

Not me....let freedom ring.

Nobody should ever lose their job over their speech or expression.

Talking shit about your employer on social media isn't a very smart thing to do.

True but sometimes the employer deserves it...then let the chips fall where they may and it seems the teacher got the chips

True but sometimes the employer deserves it...then let the chips fall where they may and it seems the teacher got the chips

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I worked in restaurants the entire seven years I was attending university and they made you sign an agreement not to name and disparage the restaurant. If you did, they would fire you for violating their social media policy. It was of little consequence to me b/c I am not involved in social media, other than this forsaken place. lol

She also filed a federal lawsuit, contending that her First Amendment rights to free speech and free exercise of religion had been violated. The suit has since been settled, but under a confidentiality agreement.

^^^^^That

I seem to remember Sean Hannity saying "you have a right to free speech but you also have a right to suffer the consequences of that speech".

Suck it conservatives.

Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I worked in restaurants the entire seven years I was attending university and they made you sign an agreement not to name and disparage the restaurant. If you did, they would fire you for violating their social media policy. It was of little consequence to me b/c I am not involved in social media, other than this forsaken place. lol

The teacher was silly to post it on FB and the school was utterly stupid to terminate her over it, with that said it seems the school had no policy on social media or disparaging ...I suspect the teacher banked some dough

She also filed a federal lawsuit, contending that her First Amendment rights to free speech and free exercise of religion had been violated. The suit has since been settled, but under a confidentiality agreement.

^^^^^That

I seem to remember Sean Hannity saying "you have a right to free speech but you also have a right to suffer the consequences of that speech".

Suck it conservatives.
Actually Facebook sucked it when they payed out a settlement to the Christian who sued them. Again, it doesn't matter if you understand constitutional protections so long as the attorneys do.

^^^^^That

Suck it conservatives.

She obviously banked some loot. Now who's sucking it?

The teacher was silly to post it on FB and the school was utterly stupid to terminate her over it, with that said it seems the school had no policy on social media or disparaging ...I suspect the teacher banked some dough

I bet she did. The settlement should be made public if any of those funds came from the taxpayers. The public has a right to know how much the school's action cost them.

I bet she did. The settlement should be made public if any of those funds came from the taxpayers. The public has a right to know how much the school's action cost them.

I agree with that. Anytime taxpayer funds are involved the public deserves to know

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
NEWARK, N.J. — The New Jersey Department of Education has suspended the teaching certificates of a former high school teacher who came under fire seven years ago for speaking against the sin of homosexuality on Facebook.

Former Teacher Has Certificates Suspended for Speaking Against Sin of Homosexuality on Facebook
-----------------------------------------------

Freedom and rights slipping away and the shee won't ever see it coming when it hits them. N.Korea sounds like a great place for you freaks to live.

Where is BLM to support this lady Huuuuh and you stupid asses can't see society has already fractured dumb asses ............ you gays are gonna get blow back, you transg. are going to get blow back, you religion haters are going to get blow back................ ALL YOUR ANTI AMERICAN BS IS GOING TO BLOW UP IN YOUR FACES......... it can't happen soon enough.

This is why I say..no matter how many times we win in DC the real battle is local..and with the media, silicon valley and other roosts of the ruling elites.
New Jersey can do as it pleases. It is up to their citizens to fix New jersey. And to pay for their own tunnels :)

^^^^^That

Suck it conservatives.
Actually Facebook sucked it when they payed out a settlement to the Christian who sued them. Again, it doesn't matter if you understand constitutional protections so long as the attorneys do.

Facebook wasn't the defendent in her lawsuit, numbnuts. She sued the Union County school district.

Facebook wasn't the defendent in her lawsuit, numbnuts. She sued the Union County school district.

It's just a matter of time....

I am sure it is and I am willing to bet the farm that the case would be thrown out of court in a New York minute. You don't have a right to post on someone else's social media platform. That would be like someone suing USMB for deleting their posts or banning them.

Forum List

Back