Former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA) Endorses Newt

Duke Cunningham is a Military hero who helped create the "Top Gun" school. When he got in trouble for accepting gifts from lobbyists the vindictive anti-Military democrat party wouldn't just let him resign in disgrace, they wanted him in prison and they got their wish. It's ironic that John McCain was in the same kind of trouble during the Keating scandal but since the other four members of congress were democrats they let him go.

No, he took bribes, not gifts from lobbyists.
2.5 million in cash.
Some gift.
The Federal prosecutors that sent him to prison were Republican appointees.
Just because you are in the military does not make you immune from THE LAW.

Hugo Chevez endorsed Obama.

By Ryan J. Reilly

Here’s an endorsement Newt Gingrich probably doesn’t need: former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA), currently serving a 100 month sentence in federal prison after being convicted of bribery in one of the largest congressional corruption cases in recent memory.

Cunningham, the inspiration for the TPM Golden Dukes and a TPM pen pal, acknowledged in a letter to Newt he forwarded to the Voice of San Diego, that his endorsement “would do more harm than good.”

But he was hoping Gingrich would help out with his pet cause of prison reform:

Newt, a voice out of the past. Down but not out and still fighting. First I do not want anything from you but have been watching the debates. I have 80% of inmates that would vote for you. They might not be able to but their extended families will. When you are president I could help you with prison and justice reform if wanted.​

A guy who posts a picture of a carrier pilot calls Duke Cunningham stupid. Cunningham became famous for an epic dogfight during the VietNam war where he shot down the legendary NVA ace. They still teach the tactic in Top Gun school and actor Tom Cruise used it in his movie. Cunningnham was a hero who got a raw deal. The king of pork, congressman John Murtha did the same thing but he was a democrat who used his status as a former Marine to dodge prosecution. He actually claimed "if i'm a crook it's because I'm taking care of my district". Murtha called fellow Marines "murderers" when he was busy undermining the conflict in Iraq for political purposes. Lack of respect for the Military seems to be universal in the radical wing of the democrat party and so is ignorance.

Please explain to us how Murtha did the SAME THING as Cunningham. Some "credible" links would be nice...

Look it up. Google "king of pork" and it will come up with Jack Murtha. According to a CBS story Murtha earmarked 600 Mil to his district in Pa in 4 years. One earmark called "center for instrumental critical infrastructure" didn't even exist. Another earmark ended up in a fake corporation (PMA) set up by a former staffer. Murtha got away with it because he was a democrat and a Marine Veteran.

Other than diversion, what does Murtha have to do with Cunningham? Maybe you could start a thread about Murtha?

Other than diversion, what does Murtha have to do with Cunningham? Maybe you could start a thread about Murtha?

I'm making a point about the political double standard. Everyone laughed about the Pa. democrat king of pork and republican Randy Cunningham went to prison for taking less money from lobbyists than Jack Murtha. Democrats could have given Cunningham a break. He was a Military hero. They could have let him resign and repay the money but they wanted his ass in prison. John McCain got in trouble as one of the notorious "Keating five" for taking money from a lobbyist but he got a break partially because he was a war hero and partially because the other four were democrats.

I'm making a point about the political double standard. Everyone laughed about the Pa. democrat king of pork and republican Randy Cunningham went to prison for taking less money from lobbyists than Jack Murtha. Democrats could have given Cunningham a break. He was a Military hero. They could have let him resign and repay the money but they wanted his ass in prison. John McCain got in trouble as one of the notorious "Keating five" for taking money from a lobbyist but he got a break partially because he was a war hero and partially because the other four were democrats.

Okay, so let me try to sum up the moral of your concern: Life ain't fair. But what happened to Cunningham isn't Murtha's fault.

BTW, did Murtha personally benefit from any of that "earmark" money? Can you provide any credible links?

Last edited:
Duke Cunningham is a Military hero who helped create the "Top Gun" school. When he got in trouble for accepting gifts from lobbyists the vindictive anti-Military democrat party wouldn't just let him resign in disgrace, they wanted him in prison and they got their wish. It's ironic that John McCain was in the same kind of trouble during the Keating scandal but since the other four members of congress were democrats they let him go.

I served near him...my wife served with him. I know many people who served with him from Viet Nam onward. The ONLY thing he was good at was flying an F-4. Even his RIO from Nam has nothing good to say about him. Trust me or not on this, the guy was a good pilot, but a scummy human being. And yes he broke the law....in many places....and deserves what he got, if not more.

You served near him and your wife did what... "served with him" and you think your cheap anecdotal tin foil hat opinion of a genuine hero tarnishes his service? You need your head examined.

The only part of his service that was honorable was that he was a good F-4 pilot. He was about to be passed over for O-4 for the second time....in Viet Nam! (ask anyone in the military what that means) when he got his 5th kill. You can't force an Ace out...so he got "taken care of" for the rest of his 20 years and still only retired as an O-5. It's pretty common knowledge in the West Coast Fighter Community.

And then he used his war hero rep to get elected to Congress...and the rest, we say, is history.

I served near him...my wife served with him. I know many people who served with him from Viet Nam onward. The ONLY thing he was good at was flying an F-4. Even his RIO from Nam has nothing good to say about him. Trust me or not on this, the guy was a good pilot, but a scummy human being. And yes he broke the law....in many places....and deserves what he got, if not more.

You served near him and your wife did what... "served with him" and you think your cheap anecdotal tin foil hat opinion of a genuine hero tarnishes his service? You need your head examined.

BTW...share with us what you know about Cunningham from serving with him.

Yet you accepted far more tarnished anecdotal evidence against Kerry from folks like an alcoholic rear admiral.

STFU.

cunningham-gingrich-cropped-proto-custom_28.jpg

By Ryan J. Reilly

Here’s an endorsement Newt Gingrich probably doesn’t need: former Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham (R-CA), currently serving a 100 month sentence in federal prison after being convicted of bribery in one of the largest congressional corruption cases in recent memory.

Cunningham, the inspiration for the TPM Golden Dukes and a TPM pen pal, acknowledged in a letter to Newt he forwarded to the Voice of San Diego, that his endorsement “would do more harm than good.”

But he was hoping Gingrich would help out with his pet cause of prison reform:

Newt, a voice out of the past. Down but not out and still fighting. First I do not want anything from you but have been watching the debates. I have 80% of inmates that would vote for you. They might not be able to but their extended families will. When you are president I could help you with prison and justice reform if wanted.​

More: Duke Tells Newt He’d Have The Felon Vote Locked Down | TPMMuckraker

Have you of what Indian nation are you from again? Fake one? Ward Churchill wannabe?:lol:

Never forget that the King endorses the O. You know the king that says we should kill crackers.

Yet you accepted far more tarnished anecdotal evidence against Kerry from folks like an alcoholic rear admiral.

STFU.

When it comes to Nam and the shit he pulled back home I have a real deal with that prick.

I would so like for him to come to my place on the planet for just one afternoon.

Oh that I would. That lying horrible bastard is only bested by that **** Fonda.

Kerry was a war hero, tiny, so get over it.

Fonda has repented for her sins, so get over it.

Forum List

Back