Former non employees sue HuffPo over wages

Quantum Windbag

Gold Member
May 9, 2010
Gotta love those lefties that think things like this make sense.

Jonathan Tasini, the labor activist and writer spearheading a class action against AOL and the Huffington Post, did not mince words when explaining his motives to the press this morning.
“In my view, the Huffington Post’s bloggers have essentially been turned into modern-day slaves on Arianna Huffington’s plantation,” he said. “She wants to pocket the tens of millions of dollars she reaped from the hard work of those bloggers….This all could have been avoided had Arianna Huffington not acted like the Wal-Marts, the Waltons, Lloyd Blankfein, which is basically to say, ‘Go screw yourselves, this is my money.’”
In other words, it’s personal.
“We are going to make Arianna Huffington a pariah in the progressive community,” Tasini vowed. “No one will blog for her. She’ll never [be invited to] speak. We will picket her home. We’re going to make it clear that, until you do justice here, your life is going to be a living hell.”

AOL-Huffpo Suit Seeks $105M: ‘This Is About Justice’ - Jeff Bercovici - Mixed Media - Forbes

So some dupes post stuff on a website, and then sue for a pay off when the owner of the website cashes out.

Oh...GUNNYYYY!!!!!! We're watching you!

Gotta love those lefties that think things like this make sense.

Jonathan Tasini, the labor activist and writer spearheading a class action against AOL and the Huffington Post, did not mince words when explaining his motives to the press this morning.
“In my view, the Huffington Post’s bloggers have essentially been turned into modern-day slaves on Arianna Huffington’s plantation,” he said. “She wants to pocket the tens of millions of dollars she reaped from the hard work of those bloggers….This all could have been avoided had Arianna Huffington not acted like the Wal-Marts, the Waltons, Lloyd Blankfein, which is basically to say, ‘Go screw yourselves, this is my money.’”
In other words, it’s personal.
“We are going to make Arianna Huffington a pariah in the progressive community,” Tasini vowed. “No one will blog for her. She’ll never [be invited to] speak. We will picket her home. We’re going to make it clear that, until you do justice here, your life is going to be a living hell.”

AOL-Huffpo Suit Seeks $105M: ‘This Is About Justice’ - Jeff Bercovici - Mixed Media - Forbes

About justice? How about GREED? Note they didn't bat an eye while Huffpoo was private? When Ariana was bought out?

Katie BAR THE PROVERIAL DOOR! :lol:

I think the lawsuit is frivolous and damages would be hard to prove, but apparently the guy has had success before. His biggest mistake, however, might be naming AOL as a defendant, when they had nothing to do with Huffington Post prior to the merger. So a judge could throw it out on that basis alone. Also, what judge is going to want to be the first to put a "legal definition" on what exactly a "blogger" is, since most are anonymous? That could conceivably be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court.

I think the lawsuit is frivolous and damages would be hard to prove, but apparently the guy has had success before. His biggest mistake, however, might be naming AOL as a defendant, when they had nothing to do with Huffington Post prior to the merger. So a judge could throw it out on that basis alone. Also, what judge is going to want to be the first to put a "legal definition" on what exactly a "blogger" is, since most are anonymous? That could conceivably be challenged all the way to the Supreme Court.

Indeed Mags...*YOU* get it. Kudos.

Forum List

Back