Former Marine arrested by FBI for facebook posts

Here's another article about him from ZeroHedge:
Guest Post: Former Marine Arrested For Patriotic Posts On Facebook | ZeroHedge
Take note that the FBI used the accusation of "terrorist threats" by Brandon Raub as an excuse for the arrest even though there is no indication that any actual threats were present on his Facebook page.. (Brandon's comments included observations that 9-11 was done by the government (even going to such length, and an interestingly detailed thesis, of providing evidence to augment this), the War on Terror is a lie, Americans are killing innocent people in the ME, the current federal banking system is corrupt and unfeasible to Americans, and that the George Bush's family rapes little children)
I would say that all of these claims have enough circumstantial evidence behind them to warrant a serious independent investigation, and even if they didn't, there is no law against "conspiracy theory", at least not yet...
The police and FBI also failed to read Raub his Miranda Rights. Could this be one of the first public instances of the enforcement of NDAA detainment provisions against a U.S. citizen as a so called "domestic terrorist"? You know, those detainment provisions that Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs alike claim "don't exist"?
He's a patsy. His arrest will lend credence to that Gov'ts assertion that "returning veterans" (Of Wars America sends them to fight) are the "new" threat.

And so it begins.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Yep. He is supposed to see a judge today so we hopefully can find out what's going to happen to him. Course we may never know anything...why the people refuse to hold their government accountable is beyond me...

Let us first fid out the real info on the case before we jump to a conclusion.

Chesterfield man held in hospital on concerns over Internet posts | Richmond Times-Dispatch
"Our office had received a complaint about threatening posts," said Dee Rybiski, spokeswoman for the Richmond FBI office. "As we would do in any circumstance such as this, our office along with Chesterfield Police (Department) officers went to interview Mr. Raub.

"The FBI did not arrest him," Rybiski said. "We are not commenting any further."

Chesterfield police Lt. Rich McCullough said Saturday, "We were assisting the FBI in a matter. All we did was transport" him to John Randolph for medical evaluation.

According to Secret Service spokesman Max Milien in Washington, "That subject was not arrested by us on any charges."

Here's another article about him from ZeroHedge:
Guest Post: Former Marine Arrested For Patriotic Posts On Facebook | ZeroHedge
Take note that the FBI used the accusation of "terrorist threats" by Brandon Raub as an excuse for the arrest even though there is no indication that any actual threats were present on his Facebook page.. (Brandon's comments included observations that 9-11 was done by the government (even going to such length, and an interestingly detailed thesis, of providing evidence to augment this), the War on Terror is a lie, Americans are killing innocent people in the ME, the current federal banking system is corrupt and unfeasible to Americans, and that the George Bush's family rapes little children)
I would say that all of these claims have enough circumstantial evidence behind them to warrant a serious independent investigation, and even if they didn't, there is no law against "conspiracy theory", at least not yet...
The police and FBI also failed to read Raub his Miranda Rights. Could this be one of the first public instances of the enforcement of NDAA detainment provisions against a U.S. citizen as a so called "domestic terrorist"? You know, those detainment provisions that Neo-Cons and Neo-Libs alike claim "don't exist"?
He's a patsy. His arrest will lend credence to that Gov'ts assertion that "returning veterans" (Of Wars America sends them to fight) are the "new" threat.

And so it begins.

Yes, these plans have been in the works for some time. I fully expect to see some sort of staged "We told ya so" attack in the near future. It would strengthen and justify their passing of the NDAA. Most Americans are completely oblivious as to the Evil their Government can do. They're likely facilitating a future attack as we speak. Something similar to what they did in allowing the 'Underwear Bomber' on that plane. The only question is, will they allow the attack to happen or will they stop it? Stay tuned.

If you read his posts, it does sound like he needs mental help so putting him under observation doesn't sound like a bad idea.

In an Internet posting, Sean Lawlor, a Marine Corps veteran who says he was Raub's platoon commander in Iraq, described Raub as "an excellent Marine" but added that he had been alarmed by his recent behavior.

Lawlor said that after seeing Raub's posts, he contacted Raub to check on him and was disturbed by his fixation with government conspiracies, adding that his politics had become "extreme and violent."

"Knowing the man that he is, I believe that he fully intended to act on the threats he was posting," Lawlor wrote. "We may never know, but the fact that law enforcement intervened may have kept Brandon from doing something extremely destructive."

Veteran in Facebook flap has hearing today, mother says | Richmond Times-Dispatch

• Banned
Let us first fid out the real info on the case before we jump to a conclusion.

What "real info" do you want? If he was arrested under the NDAA I seriously doubt they will even acknowledge his arrest.He was arrested for supposed terroristic type posts on fb.

If you read his posts, it does sound like he needs mental help so putting him under observation doesn't sound like a bad idea.

In an Internet posting, Sean Lawlor, a Marine Corps veteran who says he was Raub's platoon commander in Iraq, described Raub as "an excellent Marine" but added that he had been alarmed by his recent behavior.

Lawlor said that after seeing Raub's posts, he contacted Raub to check on him and was disturbed by his fixation with government conspiracies, adding that his politics had become "extreme and violent."

"Knowing the man that he is, I believe that he fully intended to act on the threats he was posting," Lawlor wrote. "We may never know, but the fact that law enforcement intervened may have kept Brandon from doing something extremely destructive."

Veteran in Facebook flap has hearing today, mother says | Richmond Times-Dispatch

And the best way to get people "help" they might not want or need is to have the fucking gendarmes storm their homes and take them by force?

Bullshit. They had no right to kidnap him with no warrant,never read him his rights. Its called the first amendment and we can say whatever the fuck we want. He did nothing wrong.

And the best way to get people "help" they might not want or need is to have the fucking gendarmes storm their homes and take them by force?
From what I gather, they went to question him, not STORM his home. He probably let them in the house himself....you go a head and read his posts and what his commanding officer said about him and excuse him all you want.

Freedom of speech is not without consequence and plotting against the government is illegal.

From what I gather, they went to question him, not STORM his home. He probably let them in the house himself....you go a head and read his posts and what his commanding officer said about him and excuse him all you want.

Freedom of speech is not without consequence and plotting against the government is illegal.

Oh yeah sure. Let them in right...that's why he was handcuffed,his family was threatened and he is being held against his will simply for using his first amendment right to free speech. Where in the fuck is he plotting against the government. You are a fucking piece of shit and a traitor.

Oh yeah sure. Let them in right...that's why he was handcuffed,his family was threatened and he is being held against his will simply for using his first amendment right to free speech. Where in the fuck is he plotting against the government. You are a fucking piece of shit and a traitor.

link???

Teansported for medical evaluation.
Sounds like Baker Act stuff to me.
Exactly....which normally entails the perp doing some pretty outrageous stuff.

Yep he must have indicated that he could be a credible threat to himself or others to be forced into a medical evaluation.
Sounds like the guy needs help and the steps are being taken to get him help and protect others.

Forum List

Back