Former Marine arrested by FBI for facebook posts

Plotting against the government is certainly illegal. And writing your intentions on Facebook isn't a thought crime.

Wishes, or intentions?

Just because I say I'm going to take down the fucking government does not mean I intend to do so now does it.

Wait who the fuck is that pounding on my door?
Apparently they took his comments as more than a joke. Did you even read what his former CO said?

The police have the discretion to arrest or Baker Act someone. His comments might seem harmless to you, but they don't sound harmless to me. Plus, we have no idea what he said when interviewed.

So anyone that knows you can say something disparaging to the fucking cops and you get your ass hauled away in fucking shackles?

OK comrade.

Plotting is not illegal.

What the fuck are you the thought police?

And the term "resisting arrest" is nothing but an excuse for the use of force by the fucking cops.

Wake up.

So, it's perfectly legal to, say, plot to blow up buildings or kill someone?

Really?

Have you ever said, " I could kill that asshole"

Maybe you need to be involuntarily placed under "observation"

Hmm " I could kill that asshole" vs "I'm going to take my shotgun and blow tha asshole away"

One is blowing steam, and the other is a threat.

Plotting is not illegal.

What the fuck are you the thought police?

And the term "resisting arrest" is nothing but an excuse for the use of force by the fucking cops.

Wake up.

Plotting against the government is certainly illegal. And writing your intentions on Facebook isn't a thought crime.

Wishes, or intentions?

Just because I say I'm going to take down the fucking government does not mean I intend to do so now does it.

No... and just saying you will isn't illegal. However, if you are investigated to see if you're a credible threat, and they find enough evidence to show you actually WERE planning to do something, that would be illegal and you could be arrested for plotting.

Wishes, or intentions?

I suppose it depends who you are and if you have the actual means and training to carry out your threat.

My family and I just went through something similar with a cousin of mine, he was depressed, threatening his ex on Facebook, saying he was going to kill her then himself. We also had to have him taken in for a 72 hour hold.

There is a difference between family members committing someone and the fucking cops doing it of their own accord.

The police weren't monitoring his Facebook, he was turned in to them by someone he was friends with who felt he was a danger to himself and others.

Wishes, or intentions?

Apparently they took his comments as more than a joke. Did you even read what his former CO said?

The police have the discretion to arrest or Baker Act someone. His comments might seem harmless to you, but they don't sound harmless to me. Plus, we have no idea what he said when interviewed.

So anyone that knows you can say something disparaging to the fucking cops and you get your ass hauled away in fucking shackles?

OK comrade.

:rolleyes: Way to overreact based on what you think.

Really?

Hmm " I could kill that asshole" vs "I'm going to take my shotgun and blow tha asshole away"

Until one actually loads a shotgun and points it at someone there really is no difference

It's merely a matter of perception and opinion.

Really?

I guess that would depend upon who was saying it.

Until one actually loads a shotgun and points it at someone there really is no difference

Tell that to the deputies in LA that were murdered by a crew of anti-government thugs last week.

If you read his posts, it does sound like he needs mental help so putting him under observation doesn't sound like a bad idea.

In an Internet posting, Sean Lawlor, a Marine Corps veteran who says he was Raub's platoon commander in Iraq, described Raub as "an excellent Marine" but added that he had been alarmed by his recent behavior.

Lawlor said that after seeing Raub's posts, he contacted Raub to check on him and was disturbed by his fixation with government conspiracies, adding that his politics had become "extreme and violent."

"Knowing the man that he is, I believe that he fully intended to act on the threats he was posting," Lawlor wrote. "We may never know, but the fact that law enforcement intervened may have kept Brandon from doing something extremely destructive."

Veteran in Facebook flap has hearing today, mother says | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Do you have a link to the posts he made so I can see for myself?

https://www.facebook.com/brandon.raub?sk=wall

This shit makes me wonder about just deleting all my posts on FB and not using it again...I mostly have family members on mine and a few friends I have known for a few years...I mostly post frustration about life or what my kids did at school etc...not stuff like he did although I have liked pages and do share stuff like that...never know who's next.

So, I went to FB and looked at his page.

I cannot believe he got taken away for this.

This is not good.

Here are his posts since July. NOTHING is there that is anything but free speech. This is a disgusting development of my country.

I'm gonna friend the whacky bastard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
added a new photo.
Share · July 2 at 5:58pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------
Vinnie Paz - End Of Days Featuring Block McClo & Righteous Kill - YouTube
America my country, rise.
Vinnie Paz - End Of Days Featuring Block McClo & Righteous Kill
YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
05 End Of Days Featuring Block McClo & 06 Righteous Kill
Share · July 10 at 2:53pm ·
------------------------------------------------------------------
Wyatt Earp walking on water against Curly Bill Brocius - YouTube
Wyatt Earp walking on water against Curly Bill Brocius
Gunfight at a river.
Share · July 10 at 2:56pm ·
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On - YouTube
Lupe Fiasco - The Show Goes On
© 2011 WMG -- Website: Lupe Fiasco Official Website: "Lasers" Music, Videos, Photos, Lyrics, Tour Dates, Forums Twitter: Lupe Fiasco (LupeFiasco) on Twitter Facebook: Lupe Fiasco | Facebook
Share · July 10 at 3:08pm ·
Vinnie Paz - End of Days (feat. Block McCloud) [Official Music Video] - YouTube
Vinnie Paz - End of Days
Directed by Prime Cut ([email protected]) Check out the uncensored version on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/38871717 Check out the behind scenes video here: ...
Share · July 12 at 9:10am · -
----------------------------------------------------
The world is but a stage
Share · July 24 at 8:15am ·
------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel like I am standing at a great crossroads. As if a storm of destiny is about to pick me up and take me to fight a great battle. A battle I could have never imagined existed
Share · July 24 at 4:34pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------
If you are my friend, you deserve to know the truth. This world is secretly run by a shadow organization of people who among other things enjoy raping children. Some of leaders were involved with the bombing of the twin towers. It was a sacrifice and a complete inside job. Also the Bush's are very sick twisted problems. I believe they have a secret Castle in Colorado where they have been raping and sacrificing children for many years. Think I'm crazy? Think again.
Share · July 28 at 12:15pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fortune favors the bold.
Share · July 29 at 2:05pm ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE BEST - US Marines TV Recruitment Spot - Ever Produced - YouTube
This is what I'm about to do
THE BEST - US Marines TV Recruitment Spot - Ever Produced
Contest of Honor - A Sci-Fi TV commercial demostrating the obstacles and hardships of becoming a US Marine. . Presented By: enforcementapparel.com: The Best Search Links on the Net .
Share · July 29 at 2:50pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------
We MUST rise up and take our country back
Share · July 30 at 5:51pm ·
----------------------------------------------------------------
We must stand right now as a nation and as a people.
Share · August 3 at 11:42am ·
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer - E3 2010 - YouTube
Star Wars: The Old Republic Cinematic Trailer - E3 2010
Get your first glimpse of the upcoming MMO set in the iconic Star Wars franchise with this cinematic trailer! The Old Republic releases on 12.20.11, so watch...
Share · August 3 at 11:44am ·
---------------------------------------------------------------
For the Republic.
Share · August 4 at 2:26pm ·
--------------------------------------------------------------
I am standing against a great evil. I will do it all by myself if I have to.
Share · August 4 at 6:42pm ·
Friends,
If you are unaware of the great amount of evil perpetrated by the American Government I suggest you take you take your head out of the sand. The day of reckoning is almost at hand.
Share · August 5 at 10:19am ·
New Marine Corps Commercial - Marine Corps.flv - YouTube
New Marine Corps Commercial - Marine Corps.flv
Share · August 5 at 3:16pm ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Yelawolf - Let's Roll ft. Kid Rock - YouTube
Let's Roll
Yelawolf - Let's Roll ft. Kid Rock
Music video by Yelawolf performing Let's Roll. © 2012 Interscope
Share · August 6 at 6:06pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't care how crazy it looks
Share · August 6 at 6:07pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Illuminati,
Swollen Members - Watch This - YouTube
Swollen Members - Watch This
Share · August 7 at 3:18pm ·
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
Share · August 7 at 4:12pm ·
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends, Aquaintances, and Loved Ones,
Vinnie Paz - End of Days (feat. Block McCloud) [Official Music Video] - YouTube
Vinnie Paz - End of Days (feat. Block McCloud) [Official Music Video]
Directed by Prime Cut ([email protected]) Check out the uncensored version on vimeo: https://vimeo.com/38871717 Check out the behind scenes video here: ...
Share · August 7 at 5:54pm ·
Do you know that world leaders sacrifice children in robes?
Share · August 7 at 5:57pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was nano thermite, a cutting explosive used by the military, found in the rubble of buildings 1, 2, and 3 of the world trade center complex. Interesting.
Share · August 8 at 8:15am ·
This is the size of a Boeing 757 relative to the size of the hole in the side of the pentagon.
Share · August 8 at 2:20pm ·
--------------------------------------
This is the part where I tell the Federal Government to go fuck itself. This is the part where I tell Generals, training our young men to fight Americans, I am coming for you. The Veterans will be with me.
Share · August 9 at 9:42am ·
------------------------------------------------------
The Revolution is Upon Us.
Share · August 9 at 2:53pm ·
------------------------------------------------------------
I'm starting the Revolution. I'm done waiting.
Share · August 10 at 1:11am ·
Dear Friends in the Military,
The time for choosing has come. Will you continue to ignore the obvious lie of 911 or will you stand and fight for your people?
Share · August 10 at 5:14pm ·
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
The time for being willfully blind has ended.
Share · August 10 at 5:15pm ·
We Found Love- Lindsey Stirling- VenTribe - YouTube
Dear Friends,
I know many of you think I'm going crazy, and are wondering just why I have been posting the things I have been posting. I don't have the energy to explain. Just know that a new beginning is coming.
We Found Love- Lindsey Stirling- VenTribe
Itunes: Link to the song: iTunes - Music - We Found Love - Single by Lindsey Stirling Link to the Music Video: Connecting to the iTunes Store....
Share · August 11 at 2:16am ·
Also, 911 was an inside job
Share · August 11 at 3:00am ·
-----------------------------------------------------------
My Time is Now John Cena - YouTube
Dear men and women in positions in power within our government, corrupt bureaucrats, corrupt judges and police, Nazis in the Marine Corps, Barack Obama and your Communist Cabinet,
My Time is Now John Cena
John Cena..My Time is Now Lyrics..I want everyone to know that i did make a mistake on this words..on the part where it says so for now im off records living...
Share · August 12 at 10:42am ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Friends,
You deserve to kow the truth. There has been an overwhelming amount of evil enacted and planned against you, your children, and your countrymen. It is great in scope. Your government evil. It is as simple as that.
And the calvary is coming.
Share · August 12 at 11:02am ·
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a picture of the government dropping Barium and Aluminum Powder from the air on American Citizens.
Share · August 12 at 12:42pm ·
The people responsible for posioning the America people from the sky will be held accountable. And there is going to be justice.
Share · August 12 at 12:44pm ·
Do you know what the secret of the Marine Corps is? Tell people they are Heroes and they will act it out.
Share · August 12 at 2:24pm ·
--------------------------------------------------------------
Do you know why the American people will win the civil war that is coming? Because we are Americans.
Share · August 12 at 4:07pm ·
Death is nothing, but to live defeated and inglorious is to die daily.
Napoleon
Share · August 13 at 1:36am ·
veni vidi vici
Share · August 13 at 9:07am ·
Sharpen up my axe; I'm here to sever heads.
Share · August 13 at 11:38am ·
You should understand that many of the things I have said here are for the world to see.
Share · August 13 at 1:28pm ·
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny Extended - YouTube
There are some men who struggle against destiny. And there are Some who Embrace it.
Dragon Age 2 Trailer - Destiny Extended
Experience the stunning directorial cut version of the new Dragon Age 2 "Destiny" trailer, featuring extended footage more blood, more story, more action.
Share · August 13 at 1:52pm ·
----------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the picture of the Pentagon, right after our leaders shot a missle into it.
Share · August 14 at 8:28am ·
9/11 Eyewitnesses to Explosive WTC Demolition 1/2 - YouTube
This is firefighters talking about the explosive charges placed within the twin towers.
9/11 Eyewitnesses to Explosive WTC Demolition 1/2
A key facet of the 9/11 catastrophe that is often overlooked is the reports of explosions at the Twin Towers that dozens of eyewitnesses gave on 9/11 and in ...
Share · August 14 at 8:37am ·
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Revolution will come for me. Men will be at my door soon to pick me up to lead it. ;)
Share · August 14 at 6:15pm ·
Big Pun - Brave In The Heart - YouTube
The Revolution is here. And I will lead it.
Big Pun - Brave In The Heart
Big Pun Brave In The Heart; A tribute to the artist
Share · August 15 at 2:00am ·
DJ KHALED, AKON & TI "We Takin' Over" - YouTube
Feelin like Pac all Eyes on me.
DJ KHALED, AKON & TI "We Takin' Over"
Top Videos ... click: Streaming no good flix - YouTube BUZZ ... must see: The Last Stand Trailer Arnold Schwarzenegger 2013 Movie - Official [HD] - YouTube .... NEW today: The Last Stand Trailer Arnold Schwarzenegger 2013 Movie - Official [HD] - YouTube We The Best is the follow-up to Listenn...
Share · August 15 at 10:32am ·
AND THEY WILL SAY HE SAID IT TO THE NSA FIRST.
Share · August 16 at 12:06am ·
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Last Samurai - Trailer - (2003) - HQ - YouTube
Courage. Loyalty. And Honor.
The Last Samurai - Trailer - (2003) - HQ
Trailer Ed Zwick's film starring Tom Cruise,Ken Watanabe,Koyuki,Hiroyuki Sanada,Masato Harada,Billy Connolly,Tony Goldwyn,Timothy Spall,Scott Wilson,Shin Koy...
Share · August 16 at 2:10pm ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After visiting Brandon, he asked me to post this video. -Kati Wood

50 cent - hustler's ambition - lyrics
the song hustler's ambition by 50 cent with full lyrics enjoy :D
Share · Friday at 9:07pm ·​

Last edited:
This shit makes me wonder about just deleting all my posts on FB and not using it again...I mostly have family members on mine and a few friends I have known for a few years...I mostly post frustration about life or what my kids did at school etc...not stuff like he did although I have liked pages and do share stuff like that...never know who's next.

still waiting for your proof his family was threatened, dumb ass.

Tell that to the deputies in LA that were murdered by a crew of anti-government thugs last week.

So you mean someone actually loaded a gun and shot someone?

Seems to me that's a lot different that just talking about it.

I know i'm gonna catch hell from the usual suspects, but sometimes i really do think these social network sites are just CIA/FBI fronts for domestic spying. It's clear, they do work very closely with each other. Google seems to work very closely with the Government as well. And i don't think my assessment is farfetched either. It has been proven that major Telecoms like AT&T do spy for the U.S. Government. But oh well, i guess the People have decided thay want their Police State. It is what it is.

Forum List

Back