Former Marine arrested by FBI for facebook posts

If you read his posts, it does sound like he needs mental help so putting him under observation doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Veteran in Facebook flap has hearing today, mother says | Richmond Times-Dispatch

And the best way to get people "help" they might not want or need is to have the fucking gendarmes storm their homes and take them by force?
From what I gather, they went to question him, not STORM his home. He probably let them in the house himself....you go a head and read his posts and what his commanding officer said about him and excuse him all you want.

Freedom of speech is not without consequence and plotting against the government is illegal.

Plotting is not illegal.

What the fuck are you the thought police?

And the term "resisting arrest" is nothing but an excuse for the use of force by the fucking cops.

Wake up.

Last edited:
FBI Agents Take Virginia Resident for Facebook Posts, Roommate says,

I swore there was another thread on this but I can't find it. Anyways. They had no warrant for him and they never told him his rights...this is really starting to sound like it fell under the NDAA and yet the people go about their merry lives not giving a shit the country we grew up in is fast becoming a police state.

The FBI has become a criminal organization. They are the ones that approved the weapons transfers to known felons.......

They also actively engage in denying some Americans their rights...

For a country that allegedly will let its citizens address grievances, how is it it takes 10k to do so?

If you read his posts, it does sound like he needs mental help so putting him under observation doesn't sound like a bad idea.

In an Internet posting, Sean Lawlor, a Marine Corps veteran who says he was Raub's platoon commander in Iraq, described Raub as "an excellent Marine" but added that he had been alarmed by his recent behavior.

Lawlor said that after seeing Raub's posts, he contacted Raub to check on him and was disturbed by his fixation with government conspiracies, adding that his politics had become "extreme and violent."

"Knowing the man that he is, I believe that he fully intended to act on the threats he was posting," Lawlor wrote. "We may never know, but the fact that law enforcement intervened may have kept Brandon from doing something extremely destructive."

Veteran in Facebook flap has hearing today, mother says | Richmond Times-Dispatch
Do you have a link to the posts he made so I can see for myself?

Teansported for medical evaluation.
Sounds like Baker Act stuff to me.

What doctor recommended medical evaluation?

Or are the fucking cops our primary care givers now?

You might wat to study up on the Baker Act a bit to see how it works.
A doctors recommendation is given after the medical evaluation.
That should be what the hearing is about today.

Exactly....which normally entails the perp doing some pretty outrageous stuff.

Yep he must have indicated that he could be a credible threat to himself or others to be forced into a medical evaluation.
Sounds like the guy needs help and the steps are being taken to get him help and protect others.

Yeah....being Baker Acted, while I'm sure not much fun, is a lot better than being arrested and charged with a felony.

In an Internet posting, Sean Lawlor, a Marine Corps veteran who says he was Raub's platoon commander in Iraq, described Raub as "an excellent Marine" but added that he had been alarmed by his recent behavior.

Lawlor said that after seeing Raub's posts, he contacted Raub to check on him and was disturbed by his fixation with government conspiracies, adding that his politics had become "extreme and violent."

"Knowing the man that he is, I believe that he fully intended to act on the threats he was posting," Lawlor wrote. "We may never know, but the fact that law enforcement intervened may have kept Brandon from doing something extremely destructive."

Do you have a link to the posts he made so I can see for myself?
Look him up on facebook, if the page hasn't been taken down they should be there.

What doctor recommended medical evaluation?

Or are the fucking cops our primary care givers now?

You might wat to study up on the Baker Act a bit to see how it works.
A doctors recommendation is given after the medical evaluation.
That should be what the hearing is about today.

And the fucking cops get to decide who to "protect" right?

Sorry but I don't want some fucking ape deciding that people need to be arrested for "medical" evaluation.

From what I gather, they went to question him, not STORM his home. He probably let them in the house himself....you go a head and read his posts and what his commanding officer said about him and excuse him all you want.

Freedom of speech is not without consequence and plotting against the government is illegal.

Oh yeah sure. Let them in right...that's why he was handcuffed,his family was threatened and he is being held against his will simply for using his first amendment right to free speech. Where in the fuck is he plotting against the government. You are a fucking piece of shit and a traitor.

link???

still waiting for a link showing his family was threatened by... anyone.

Exactly....which normally entails the perp doing some pretty outrageous stuff.

Yep he must have indicated that he could be a credible threat to himself or others to be forced into a medical evaluation.
Sounds like the guy needs help and the steps are being taken to get him help and protect others.

Yeah....being Baker Acted, while I'm sure not much fun, is a lot better than being arrested and charged with a felony.

Yep and if he needs help he will get it even if he is too psychotic to want it. Most bipolar and such feel great and think there is nothing wrong with them.
hmm sounds like a lot of right wingnuts to me ??

And the best way to get people "help" they might not want or need is to have the fucking gendarmes storm their homes and take them by force?

Plotting is not illegal.

And the term "resisting arrest" is nothing but an excuse for the use of force by the fucking cops.

Wake up.

Plotting against the government is certainly illegal. And writing your intentions on Facebook isn't a thought crime.

Plotting is not illegal.

Wake up.

Plotting against the government is certainly illegal. And writing your intentions on Facebook isn't a thought crime.

Wishes, or intentions?

Just because I say I'm going to take down the fucking government does not mean I intend to do so now does it.

Wait who the fuck is that pounding on my door?

Plotting is not illegal.

Wake up.

So, it's perfectly legal to, say, plot to blow up buildings or kill someone?

Really?

Testing the waters. If this goes well for Big Brother, expect a lot more of it. And expect some staged attacks as well. They will do anything to justify their Police State.

Plotting is not illegal.

Wake up.

Wishes, or intentions?

Just because I say I'm going to take down the fucking government does not mean I intend to do so now does it.

I suppose it depends who you are and if you have the actual means and training to carry out your threat.

My family and I just went through something similar with a cousin of mine, he was depressed, threatening his ex on Facebook, saying he was going to kill her then himself. We also had to have him taken in for a 72 hour hold.

Testing the waters. If this goes well for Big Brother, expect a lot more of it. And expect some staged attacks as well. They will do anything to justify their Police State.

Yep all thosr right wingers in congress who voted to re-up the patriot act and then Ryan who voted to make it permanent.

Grassley, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., and Intelligence Committee Ranking Republican Saxby Chambliss, R-Ga., will introduce legislation to make the measures permanent.

http://www.infowars.com/republicans-move-to-make-patriot-act-permanent/

Last edited:

Plotting is not illegal.

Wake up.

So, it's perfectly legal to, say, plot to blow up buildings or kill someone?

Really?

Have you ever said, " I could kill that asshole"

Maybe you need to be involuntarily placed under "observation"

Plotting is not illegal.

Wake up.

Wishes, or intentions?

Apparently they took his comments as more than a joke. Did you even read what his former CO said?

The police have the discretion to arrest or Baker Act someone. His comments might seem harmless to you, but they don't sound harmless to me. Plus, we have no idea what he said when interviewed.

Yep all thosr right wingers in congress who voted to re-up the patriot act and then Ryan who voted to make it permanent.

Yes, it's very sad. Both Political Parties are ushering in this Police State. It's really just a One-Party System in the end.

Wishes, or intentions?

I suppose it depends who you are and if you have the actual means and training to carry out your threat.

My family and I just went through something similar with a cousin of mine, he was depressed, threatening his ex on Facebook, saying he was going to kill her then himself. We also had to have him taken in for a 72 hour hold.

There is a difference between family members committing someone and the fucking cops doing it of their own accord.

Forum List

Back