Former Governor Bob McDonnell Exonerated By The US Supreme Court

Silhouette

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2013
I take one vacation from the routine and while I'm out, this slips under the wire:

June 27, 2016 The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously threw out the conviction of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell....The 8-0 decision left open the possibility for McDonnell to be retried, but in the meantime, his conviction was vacated.... Supreme Court vacates former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's conviction - CNNPolitics.com

And all that witch-hunting by Rachael Maddow looked so promising! Now I wonder who will officially vacate the destruction of his career and his republican seat as governor in Virginia? Mission accomplished in any event.

Can the Supreme Court indict a seditious reporter who seeks, using any means necessary, to unseat conservative governors, duly known for their views and elected because of them by the People of his/her state? Just curious...

I take one vacation from the routine and while I'm out, this slips under the wire:

June 27, 2016 The Supreme Court on Monday unanimously threw out the conviction of former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell....The 8-0 decision left open the possibility for McDonnell to be retried, but in the meantime, his conviction was vacated.... Supreme Court vacates former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell's conviction - CNNPolitics.com

And all that witch-hunting by Rachael Maddow looked so promising! Now I wonder who will officially vacate the destruction of his career and his republican seat as governor in Virginia? Mission accomplished in any event.

Can the Supreme Court indict a seditious reporter who seeks, using any means necessary, to unseat conservative governors, duly known for their views and elected because of them by the People of his/her state? Just curious...

And not a word from the left wingers on this board, many of whom were all too happy to brag about his original conviction.

Guess Jesse Jackson Jr. just didn't have enough money to spread around...
icon_wink.gif

Former Virginia Gov. McDonnell pays hefty price for freedom
September 9, 2016 — Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell is officially a free man, but he paid a heavy price to get there. Prosecutors announced Thursday they will not pursue a second trial against McDonnell or his wife on corruption charges, a decision that comes more than two months after the U.S. Supreme Court overturned his conviction.
The move by the Department of Justice finalizes a years-long legal saga that ruined the Republican's once promising political career and put his family's most embarrassing moments in full public view. It also caps what McDonnell said in a statement has been a transformational event for him personally. "I have become grateful for this experience of suffering, having used it to examine deeply all aspects of my life, and my role in the circumstances that led to this painful time for my beloved family and commonwealth," said McDonnell, a devout Catholic. "I have begun to consider how I might repurpose my life for further service to my fellow man outside of elected office. Polls and politics no longer seem that important. People and policies are." McDonnell was once one of the GOP's brightest rising stars. He was a popular swing-state governor with conservative credentials and middle-of-the-road appeal. It was no surprise when he made the short list of potential running mates for Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney in 2012.

But a year later, McDonnell's downfall started when details began to emerge of his relationship with a wealthy vitamin executive named Jonnie Williams. And in 2014, he and his wife, Maureen, were convicted by a jury of violating federal bribery law by accepting luxury gifts and loans from Williams in exchange for promoting his dietary supplement. Williams, who was seeking state university research on his company's signature anti-inflammatory product, loaned the couple tens of thousands of dollars to help them pay debts and keep their money-losing Virginia Beach vacation rental properties afloat. Williams bought nearly $20,000 in designer clothing and accessories for Maureen McDonnell and a Rolex watch for Bob McDonnell. He also paid for trips and golf outings for the couple and their children, and gave $15,000 for catering at McDonnell's daughter's wedding.

59d9f096dadf40428f0142d4b8cfcec6.jpg

Former Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell speaks outside the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Va. after a hearing the appeal of his corruption conviction. Federal prosecutors say they are moving to drop corruption charges against McDonnell. U.S. Attorney Dana Boente's office said Thursday, Sept. 8, 2016, that prosecutors will not pursue another trial in light of the U.S. Supreme Court decision in June that overturned the former governor's corruption conviction.​

The often sensational jury trial produced an enormous volume of evidence and a portrait of a man whose personal life unfolded in stark contrast to his public persona: McDonnell espoused family values and spending restraint while his marriage crumbled, his children had to schedule appointments to see him, and he relied heavily on credit cards and loans. McDonnell testified in detail about his broken marriage, saying was unable to persuade his wife to undergo marriage counseling after their relationship deteriorated to the point where they could not communicate. After being found guilty on corruption charges, the former governor was sentenced to serve two years in prison.

But McDonnell was able to avoid prison when his appeal that he'd been unfairly pursued by overzealous prosecutors found a receptive audience at the U.S Supreme Court. The high court unanimously held in June that McDonnell's actions were distasteful but didn't necessarily violate federal bribery laws. At issue in McDonnell's case was a federal bribery law that makes it illegal for a public official to agree to take "official action" in exchange for money, gifts and other things of value. In vacating McDonnell's conviction, the Supreme Court ruled that setting up a meeting or organizing an event — without doing more — isn't considered an "official act."

61e9deba822945c88eaa5ed5633f6d04.jpg

Former first lady Maureen McDonnell leaves federal court after being sentenced to on corruption charges in Richmond, Va. Federal prosecutors say they are moving to drop corruption charges against McDonnell after the US Supreme Court decision.​

While McDonnell's actions may have been "distasteful," Chief Justice John Roberts wrote that the high court's concern "is not with tawdry tales of Ferraris, Rolexes and ball gowns," but with "the broader legal implications of the government's boundless interpretation of the federal bribery statute." In his statement Thursday, McDonnell thanked the high court as well as the Department of Justice for not pursing a second trial. "Forty-three months ago I was a heartbroken man," McDonnell said. "I struggled to daily summon the strength to perform my cherished final months of duties as governor, being accused by my country of committing crimes of which I knew I was innocent. I have learned to be patient, to trust and wait upon the Lord, and to live each day being content with his daily bread."

Former Virginia Gov. McDonnell pays hefty price for freedom

Maddow had a bit on her show last night about McDonnell. She was lamenting how the USSC made a bad decision in her opinion. It's unfortunate that yes, now it will be harder to jail actual rampantly corrupt officials because of Maddow's overusing that process. So that means her actions have caused proximal damage to our democracy and rule of law in two ways...

She was the one spearheading the McDonnell witch hunt. She had little if any problem with the guy until he spoke out about against gay marriage. Then she attacked him with the full ferocity of a rabid lion. I even remember her excoriating him for getting his kids a case of gatoraide on the public dime. She whipped up a real frenzy night after night on her manic show until (democrat) citizens of Virginia called for his head. Then of course came the federal investigation. I think one of the main prosecutors was gay or gay sympathizer or some such.

I'm glad the USSC did a collective :fu:to Maddow. She was responsible for the media frenzy leading to unseating several republican governors for reasons that their electorate knew about beforehand: ie, the majority of their state elected them FOR their views opposing gay marriage. One governor in Oregon was democrat, the only one in her radar besides the republicans. He was at the helm I believe when Terry Bean, notorious gay activist, was put in trouble with the law for allegations of sodomizing a minor boy. Then *suddenly* that governor had to go too. Replaced by his lieutenant governor who, guess what? is a BISEXUAL woman!

The problem with Maddow's witch hunts were that republicans and independents elected their governors for their views opposing gay marriage, among other views the majority agreed with. And when those officials took positions publicly that their constituents elected them to do, Maddow swooped in and riled up the democrat MINORITY in those states in positions of power to unseat the duly elected governor...from what I can tell: by any means possible on charges great or small. (think: gatoraide for their kids...alleged extramarital affairs...whatever; she kept the drum beating until they were gone.)

What that amounts to is sedition. It is an orchestrated disruption of the majority rule in the separate states. And apparently the unanimous vote of the USSC against this type of sedition is a shot across the bow. I hope Maddow and the Gaystapo take it as the warning that it is. "This far and no farther". Their cult indeed was/is getting completely out of control.

Last edited:
Silhouette wrote: Maddow had a bit on her show last night about McDonnell.

Uncle Ferd sweet on her...

... he wantin' to know if ya got any pics of her..

... inna black leather bikini w/ a whip?

Yes, ^^ I always find sedition "funny" too...

Reporting on the misdeeds of politicians isn't sedition, dip shit. Don't let that stop you from blaming fags, though. It only further demonstrates your rapidly diminishing mental health.

No prosecution = No crime ever committed...or at least that's what Libs say.

And not a word from the left wingers on this board, many of whom were all too happy to brag about his original conviction.
I'm not a left winger, but I always thought the case was not a good idea. Is he corrupt? Of course. He's a pol. More crooked than most? Dunno. But, it wasn't like he got a Swiss Bank Acct. He set up meetings for those who did favors.

Before anyone goes off on partisanship, the fed attorney prosecuting this first joined the DOJ in 1984. So, sure the left leaning media "commentators" like Maddow were like bees to honey over this ... and McDonnell was for vaginal ultrasounds before he left the fringe to Cuccinelli. And, Va has pretty much veered to the middle on social issues, and the state's gop has suffered.

I'm not a left winger, but I always thought the case was not a good idea. Is he corrupt? Of course. He's a pol. More crooked than most? Dunno. But, it wasn't like he got a Swiss Bank Acct. He set up meetings for those who did favors.

Before anyone goes off on partisanship, the fed attorney prosecuting this first joined the DOJ in 1984. So, sure the left leaning media "commentators" like Maddow were like bees to honey over this ... and McDonnell was for vaginal ultrasounds before he left the fringe to Cuccinelli. And, Va has pretty much veered to the middle on social issues, and the state's gop has suffered.

Fine, then hound him for violation of women's civil rights to privacy and undo searches. Not because he's opposed to gay marriage; and then use his kids drinking a case of gatoraide on the public's dime as "the reason to put him in prison!!" (Maddow always likes to emphasize the word PRISON! when she's on one of her witch hunts).

Fine, then hound him for violation of women's civil rights to privacy and undo searches. Not because he's opposed to gay marriage; and then use his kids drinking a case of gatoraide on the public's dime as "the reason to put him in prison!!" (Maddow always likes to emphasize the word PRISON! when she's on one of her witch hunts).
Hey, I said the case was bogus, imo. What the fck do you want? LOL

What was funny about the whole thing was the VA gop was all over him for abandoning the war on secularism. He couldn't win for losing, then the feds indicted him. Then Cuccinelli runs against perhaps the most upopular dem, but the voters said ... well, lets vote for the asshole over the nut.

What was funny about the whole thing was the VA gop was all over him for abandoning the war on secularism. He couldn't win for losing, then the feds indicted him. Then Cuccinelli runs against perhaps the most upopular dem, but the voters said ... well, lets vote for the asshole over the nut.

What a coincidence because that's exactly the selection we've been given on the ballot for POTUS this year.. :hmpf:

If McDonnell is exonerated, then so is Hillary Clinton.

"Setting up a meeting, talking to another official, or organizing an event (or agreeing to do so) -- without more -- does not fit that definition of an official act."

Blame the homosexuals!

Reporting on the misdeeds of politicians isn't sedition, dip shit. Don't let that stop you from blaming fags, though. It only further demonstrates your rapidly diminishing mental health.

Oh really....please explain that to your Marxist bros who think that anybody who think that people who comment or stand against criminal acts carried out by DEMOCRAT politicians or LEO should be thrown in jail.

Oh really....please explain that to your Marxist bros who think that anybody who think that people who comment or stand against criminal acts carried out by DEMOCRAT politicians or LEO should be thrown in jail.

Anyone that would make such a comment is a fucking dolt.

Forum List

Back