Former CNBC Reporter Silenced By Management For Reporting That Obamacare Was A Fraud

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts

Melissa Francis, a Fox News anchor, revealed Friday that while she worked at CNBC she was ā€œsilencedā€ by management for questioning the math of Obamacare while on television. Her announcement is part of the ongoing ā€œGrubergateā€ news, after the video of Jonathan Gruber surfaced a week ago.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, Obamacare ā€œarchitectā€ Jonathan Gruber is the center of a supposed government scandal regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA), some are calling ā€œGrubergate.ā€ Gruber ignited a controversy with comments suggesting that Obamacare only passed for lack of transparency and stupidity of the American voter.

ā€œCall it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to passā€¦ [I wish] we could make it all transparent, but Iā€™d rather have this law than not.ā€

Gruberā€™s comments have enflamed the American public and everyone has a response, and even the Obama Administration has chimed in with the White House disputing his claims. Melissa Francisā€™ broadcast arose because she felt ā€œcomplicitā€ to ā€œGrubergate,ā€ because she tried to illuminate the cost of Obamacare bill but was stopped from doing that.

ā€œWhen I was at CNBC, I pointed out to my viewers that the math of Obamacare simply didnā€™t work, not the politics, by the way, just the basic math,ā€ Francis said.

ā€œAnd when I did that, I was silenced. I said on the air that you couldnā€™t add millions of people to the system and force insurance companies to cover their preexisting conditions without raising the price on everyone else.ā€

ā€œI pointed out that it couldnā€™t possibly be true that if you like your plan, you can keep it. That was a lie. And in fact, millions of people had their insurance canceled.ā€

Francis said that she was reprimanded several times for saying that Obamacare did not add up.

ā€œAs a result of what I said at CNBC, I was called into management where I was told that I was ā€˜disrespecting the office of the presidentā€™ by telling what turned out to be the absolute truth.ā€

Read more at Obamacare CNBC 8216 Silenced 8217 Me Melissa Francis Revealed After Jonathan Gruber 8216 Grubergate 8217 Video

Anyone who would get hired by Faux News as an anchor has no credibility as a journalist.

How is she at Fox Panty Shots?

0.jpg

The response from CNBC to Francisā€™ claim that she was ā€œsilencedā€ was that it is ā€œlaughable,ā€ reported NY Postsā€™Page Six.

ā€œThatā€™s laughable, but we take notice, because as the fastest-growing network in prime time, weā€™re always on the lookout for high quality comedy writers and actresses.ā€

Francis said she was not sure what CNBC was trying to say in their response Sunday during a follow up broadcast; that video can be seen below.

Read more at Obamacare CNBC 8216 Silenced 8217 Me Melissa Francis Revealed After Jonathan Gruber 8216 Grubergate 8217 Video

Melissa Francis, a Fox News anchor, revealed Friday that while she worked at CNBC she was ā€œsilencedā€ by management for questioning the math of Obamacare while on television. Her announcement is part of the ongoing ā€œGrubergateā€ news, after the video of Jonathan Gruber surfaced a week ago.

As previously reported by The Inquisitr, Obamacare ā€œarchitectā€ Jonathan Gruber is the center of a supposed government scandal regarding the Affordable Care Act (ACA), some are calling ā€œGrubergate.ā€ Gruber ignited a controversy with comments suggesting that Obamacare only passed for lack of transparency and stupidity of the American voter.

ā€œCall it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really, really critical for the thing to passā€¦ [I wish] we could make it all transparent, but Iā€™d rather have this law than not.ā€

Gruberā€™s comments have enflamed the American public and everyone has a response, and even the Obama Administration has chimed in with the White House disputing his claims. Melissa Francisā€™ broadcast arose because she felt ā€œcomplicitā€ to ā€œGrubergate,ā€ because she tried to illuminate the cost of Obamacare bill but was stopped from doing that.

ā€œWhen I was at CNBC, I pointed out to my viewers that the math of Obamacare simply didnā€™t work, not the politics, by the way, just the basic math,ā€ Francis said.

ā€œAnd when I did that, I was silenced. I said on the air that you couldnā€™t add millions of people to the system and force insurance companies to cover their preexisting conditions without raising the price on everyone else.ā€

ā€œI pointed out that it couldnā€™t possibly be true that if you like your plan, you can keep it. That was a lie. And in fact, millions of people had their insurance canceled.ā€

Francis said that she was reprimanded several times for saying that Obamacare did not add up.

ā€œAs a result of what I said at CNBC, I was called into management where I was told that I was ā€˜disrespecting the office of the presidentā€™ by telling what turned out to be the absolute truth.ā€

Gruber's comments have only enflamed people in the GOP propaganda bubble.

I think he's right. American voters are stupid, in general

Gruber's comments have only enflamed people in the GOP propaganda bubble.

I think he's right. American voters are stupid, in general

Only if they are misinformed.

Feed them a constant supply of nonsense and all you get back is stupidity.

Forum List

Back