Forget Left, Right, and Center. Americans want to govern themselves!

Oh don't start acting like an offended little pussy now. Why don't you clarify and/or elaborate on the part of your response that I bolded below, and enlighten us to who you really are.

I laughed for good reason. I get a hoot out of the same people who chant every election season about small government, no new taxes, etc keep electing in the same people who do exactly the opposite.

I mean how elections is it going to take you guys to finally elect someone who is going to follow through with what they said? And it's all a question of judgment too. If time after time, people judge wrongly on who is "right" then how long should we listen to those people? :eusa_eh:

I think the American people in theory want to be self-governed. But pulling it off in reality is much more difficult.

Last edited:
LOL. Now he says he didn't say what you (accurately) quoted him here saying.

But you're absolutely right. Neither the Democrats or the GOP deserve respect from the American people. They both betrayed the trust we placed in them. Which is why the tax protesters and Tea Partiers are independent of any political party and will not be affiliated with one.

And whether or not you agree with the thesis, thanks to those posting who confirm that they at least understand what the thesis is about.

:rofl: Have you ever actually watched a tea party rally at Washington? Did you not see all the Republicans making speeches? Boehner, DeMint, or how about Palin? :lol:

If you truly believe the tea party candidate would be any different, I would recommend stop sniffing glue.

LOL. Now he says he didn't say what you (accurately) quoted him here saying.

But you're absolutely right. Neither the Democrats or the GOP deserve respect from the American people. They both betrayed the trust we placed in them. Which is why the tax protesters and Tea Partiers are independent of any political party and will not be affiliated with one.

And whether or not you agree with the thesis, thanks to those posting who confirm that they at least understand what the thesis is about.

:rofl: Have you ever actually watched a tea party rally at Washington? Did you not see all the Republicans making speeches? Boehner, DeMint, or how about Palin? :lol:

If you truly believe the tea party candidate would be any different, I would recommend stop sniffing glue.

Since I am a Tea Partier, I think I'm a better judge of that than you. But thanks for throwing in another red herring. We should have enough for a good fish fry soon.

Not all Americans can govern themselves. Could you imagine what Republicans would do if we didn't have laws protecting us from them? It's why they want to get rid of all laws. So they can rampage.

I want government to manage. Things like the military, roads, bridges, protect us from corporate greed and most of all, protect us from the Republcians. Their mysticism, their racism, their phobias.

Can you imagine what it would be like if libby progressives nanny staters ran everything?

Who will protect us from them?

And how do you make the leap that governing oneself means removing the military from government control?

Once again you miss the point. The government should be invisible as far as our daily lives are concerned. We should all make our own choices be they good or bad and live with the consequences.

Since I am a Tea Partier, I think I'm a better judge of that than you. But thanks for throwing in another red herring. We should have enough for a good fish fry soon.

And earlier you claimed yourself as a Republican or least one who leans Republican. Which is my point.

Since I actually pay attention to the issues, I'm pretty sure I know better than you on this one. It's not a red herring when the Republicans are coming out in full force making speeches at tea party rallies.

Or how about tea party favorite Jim DeMint saying that the GOP and Tea Party are not and should not be separate? :lol:

Oh don't start acting like an offended little pussy now. Why don't you clarify and/or elaborate on the part of your response that I bolded below, and enlighten us to who you really are.

I laughed for good reason. I get a hoot out of the same people who chant every election season about small government, no new taxes, etc keep electing in the same people who do exactly the opposite.

I mean how elections is it going to take you guys to finally elect someone who is going to follow through with what they said? And it's all a question of judgment too. If time after time, people judge wrongly on who is "right" then how long should we listen to those people? :eusa_eh:

I think the American people in theory want to be self-governed. But pulling it off in reality is much more difficult.

Giggle until your heart is content, but you're still avoiding that you implied Americans are stupid. Oh, and you just did it again.:lol:

And earlier you claimed yourself as a Republican or least one who leans Republican. Which is my point.

Since I actually pay attention to the issues, I'm pretty sure I know better than you on this one. It's not a red herring when the Republicans are coming out in full force making speeches at tea party rallies.

Or how about tea party favorite Jim DeMint saying that the GOP and Tea Party are not and should not be separate? :lol:

No sweetie. I have never identified myself as a Republican and I don't believe I've ever said that I lean Republican on this board. I think you must have me confused with Jake--are you two related?

If you haven't noticed, there have also been independent minded Democrats making speeches at Tea Party rallies. There certainly were at ours here. Tea Partiers generally welcome anybody who talks the talk AND walks the walk and don't care what political party they belong to. I'm guessing there may be more Republicans among the Tea Partiers than Democrats or Independents, but I bet it isn't substantially more especially in a state like mine which is heavily registered Democratic.

As for Republicans or Democrats, they will make speeches anytime they have an opportunity to boost their ratings or win a few votes.

Scott Rasmussen has been very careful in his book to not attach his observations to a political party or a political ideology. And I'm not going to do that either. He is expressing a basic desire of freedom loving people of whatever stripe to have their government secure their rights and then leave them alone to live their lives.

Not all Americans can govern themselves. Could you imagine what Republicans would do if we didn't have laws protecting us from them? It's why they want to get rid of all laws. So they can rampage.

I want government to manage. Things like the military, roads, bridges, protect us from corporate greed and most of all, protect us from the Republcians. Their mysticism, their racism, their phobias.

Can you imagine what it would be like if libby progressives nanny staters ran everything?

Who will protect us from them?

And how do you make the leap that governing oneself means removing the military from government control?

Once again you miss the point. The government should be invisible as far as our daily lives are concerned. We should all make our own choices be they good or bad and live with the consequences.

You need to spread some reputation around before giving it to Skull Pilot again.

Dammit

Forum List

Back