Foreigners....amazing.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?
Does it really bother you ?

50465333_2066680836703718_1327345911818354688_n.jpg

America is an aging population. we need more immigrants, legal or illegal, my friends, to stem that debilitating demographic tide!

So it's not that you feel the need to return to isolationism but rather that you want the US to become something it has never been, literally like North Korea? By the way 20 years after the pilgrims there was NO American culture, you simply had the English culture. Forgive me when I say this Anethema but you sound a little bit unhinged.

I was taught and my personal experiences agree that full Isolationism is the only means to return this nation to the moral society those earliest immigrants from my family came here to help crests. Yes, they were forced to endure a century and a half of British Society. Thankfully they were able to thrown off that mantle and create a better Society. To the point of being involved in hanging a Tory in Essex, CT in the 1790”s.

So it's not that you feel the need to return to isolationism but rather that you want the US to become something it has never been, literally like North Korea? By the way 20 years after the pilgrims there was NO American culture, you simply had the English culture. Forgive me when I say this Anethema but you sound a little bit unhinged.

I was taught and my personal experiences agree that full Isolationism is the only means to return this nation to the moral society those earliest immigrants from my family came here to help crests. Yes, they were forced to endure a century and a half of British Society. Thankfully they were able to thrown off that mantle and create a better Society. To the point of being involved in hanging a Tory in Essex, CT in the 1790”s.
Good luck with that.

i do not support a multi-billion dollar wall that will destroy sensitive lands, take private property, and can be tunneled under, climbed over or cut through, all while illegal border crossings have steadily declined over the past two decades. No. That’s not border security. That’s borderline crazy.

The one truth Trump did state is that there is a crisis at the border.

There is a humanitarian crisis created by him.

And by the way, this shutdown includes the Coast Guard, which is a cornerstone of our border security. How stupid is that?

i do not support a multi-billion dollar wall that will destroy sensitive lands, take private property, and can be tunneled under, climbed over or cut through, all while illegal border crossings have steadily declined over the past two decades. No. That’s not border security. That’s borderline crazy.

And by the way, this shutdown includes the Coast Guard, which is a cornerstone of our border security. How stupid is that?
You flip flopping crazy.... How can anyone take you serious when you play both sides of the coin constantly ??

My my corrupted no less? I think you don't really know what isolationism in the US actually was? It was a prevailing sense that the US shouldn't get involved in foreign wars. What you seem to mean by isolationism is no immigration or emigration.

Guess what..... unless you are of Indian descent the reason you are sitting here calling Europeans corrupting precisely is, because the US allowed your ancestors to immigrate into the US. You are an immigrant nation. And no amount of mindless bigotry displayed here will change that.

My view of Isolationism is a TOTAL Isolationism. Nobody in. No products or information in or out. No contact whatsoever.

My abcestirs came here to create this country (20 years after the pilgrims) and then laterto become Americans; not to dilute or contaminate what America was with their Europeanism. They came here and adapted to AMERICAN culture. They didn’t demand people support them financially or socially. They worked for what they wanted, and didn’t ask for handouts.

He does have a point of sorts. Nobody allowed in the country would help us reduce our illegal population by deportation,and allow those who remain here to assimilate into the country which many are not doing now. What we are doing today is bailing water out of the sinking boat without fixing the hole that's letting the water in.

Only a real American, or someone who understands what it means to be American, knows that Trump represents America better than any politician alive.
Ronald Reagan did it as well.

Now, what pops up in the back of your head?
Automatically Trump and Reagan are a source of ridicule.
Why is that?
Because our press....and all sources of our media, decided that Reagan and Trump were something to make fun of.
Why is that?
Because our press and our media has been taken over by anti-American influences.

The only US media I am exposed to is Fox which I play in my car. My views on Trump are based on what he says and does. There isnt any amount of whitewash that can make his antics acceptable to intelligent people.

But neither does it make people hate America. Its more like sympathy that you should have this dickhead trying to run things. And I am not claiming any sort of superiority here. The UK voted for Brexit which was as stupid as voting for Trump.

Stop being a victim.

Your head of state is an addle minded old biddy.

So is your Prime Minister.

And you have the nerve to bad mouth President Trump!
Yes, he is a piece of shit that couldnt even get a majority of votes.

He got the majority of the electoral votes.
Yes,that is true. Its a quirk of your system that you do not need to get the most votes in order to win an election.
Try explaining that to Martians.

And every state gets two Senators only. It doesn't matter if you live in California or Rhode Island. Each state gets two Senators so that everybody in the country has equal representation in the federal government. The only way to have somewhat equal representation in the White House is by the Electoral College. After all, New York city has more people in it than our three smallest states combined. Should one city have more say-so than three or four states?

I didn't say your country in particular, but wouldn't you agree that in some places, it's just better to keep your mouth shut than to speak out against the government?
Yes. Russia,China , Saudi and other backward places. But their standards do not apply to the developed world. We are all p retty much on the same page.

They may not bust your door down and take you away, but they have other methods of getting even. During the Clinton scandal, Paula Jones refused a settlement Bill offered to make the problem go away. She wanted an official apology to go along with it which he refused to give. A few months later, her fiancee was audited by the IRS.
Is getting audited an abnormal thing ?

It depends on the person. Wealthy people get audited nearly every year. Lower income blue collar not so much. But the timing of it was very strange and Democrats are renown for using government to get even with people. Look at what Ears did to Trump for crying out loud. He turned the FBI into his personal detective agency.
Doesnt really support your assertion that the US enjoys greater freedom of expression though.

People in government don't mess with individual citizens. The Democrats use government agencies to get even and win elections against Republicans. If I thought for one minute the government was going to F with me because of my opinions on politics, then it would be a problem. But I'm 58 years old and never been audited in my life.

You flip flopping crazy.... How can anyone take you serious when you play both sides of the coin constantly ??

It's why most don't even respond to him anymore. One day he's for the Republicans and the next the Democrats. The perfect definition of a troll.

The only US media I am exposed to is Fox which I play in my car. My views on Trump are based on what he says and does. There isnt any amount of whitewash that can make his antics acceptable to intelligent people.

But neither does it make people hate America. Its more like sympathy that you should have this dickhead trying to run things. And I am not claiming any sort of superiority here. The UK voted for Brexit which was as stupid as voting for Trump.

Stop being a victim.

Yes,that is true. Its a quirk of your system that you do not need to get the most votes in order to win an election.

And every state gets two Senators only. It doesn't matter if you live in California or Rhode Island. Each state gets two Senators so that everybody in the country has equal representation in the federal government. The only way to have somewhat equal representation in the White House is by the Electoral College. After all, New York city has more people in it than our three smallest states combined. Should one city have more say-so than three or four states?
Ray, the feller isn't even from this country, so remember that when you are contending with this (non-factor), who doesn't even live in this USA. Mueller might should tap his phone... LOL

Ray, the feller isn't even from this country, so remember that when you are contending with this (non-factor), who doesn't even live in this USA. Mueller might should tap his phone... LOL

That would make more sense why he posts what he does. He doesn't come here with a stance to debate on, he comes here to rile things up and watch people debate each other. Maybe he doesn't know that we actually enjoy doing this? I don't know. In any case I don't have him on ignore. I save ignore for people with the consistent insults. But I do scroll past his posts without reading them.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?

It doesn't bother me as long as your country is doing better than the U.S.
Hw is from the UK...and yes they are doing better they dont have a government shutdown.

It doesn't bother me as long as your country is doing better than the U.S.
Hw is from the UK...and yes they are doing better they dont have a government shutdown.

Evidently you've been affected by the partial shutdown?

Forum List

Back