Foreigners....amazing.

I have no problem with foreigners commenting on the U.S. Their Media is largely very biased against the U.S., and especially against Trump, so their perspective is very biased. However, I like to hear opposing views about the U.S. to see where the rest of the world is coming from. No, I usually do NOT agree with them.

However, I will also feel free to comment on Europe, Asia, and other parts of the world as I see fit.

They don't comment though, they bash it.

It doesn't bother me as long as your country is doing better than the U.S.
Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.

Evidently "common sense" means different things to different people also.
Be sure to let me know when I comment on a UK issue.

Brexit!!!!! Aka Monty Python.

Don't think I was online at that time, and haven't seen a Brexit thread for quite some time.

Does it really bother you ?

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.

Why is that relevant ?

The UK doesn't get bashed like the US. In fact it's becoming a default setting to bash America.

Yet everyone wants to go there. :cool-45:
It isnt. Bashing Trump is the thing now but that isnt bashing America. Trump isnt America.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?
This post is a good example of the fear of dissent and diversity common to most on the right, illustrating how closed-mined most conservatives are, and how intolerant they are of other views and opinions.

It’s also an example of the right’s wrongheaded neo-isolationism and unwarranted contempt for other peoples, nations, and cultures.

Indeed, the views and comments of those outside of the United States should be of interest to Americans, as those views and comments can be objective and unbiased.

Wow, laughing boy decides to speak.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?
Something I discovered while traveling all over the world.....America is the only country that seems dead set on destroying it's own image. Why is that?

Because our media can be owned by foreigners. The New York Times has a major shareholder who is a Mexican billionaire. Fox News is owned by an Australian. CNN has been acting like a traitor to America since it's inception. I can tell you first-hand personal accounts of CNN giving aide and comfort to our enemies.

Murdoch is an American citizen who also owns a large chunk of the UK media. The other major right wing players are all tax exiles. The left leaning press ownership is UK based.

I am not sure if your media is better or worse than ours but ours is pretty poor.
Murdoch gave up controlling interest in Fox News to his two sons that live in the UK.
So spare me.

They don't comment though, they bash it.

Consider the source. Many are either openly, or closet Communists. They also tolerate living in States which consider them Subjects, not Citizens. They won't admit it, but a lot of their bashing is due to jealousy.

Why is that relevant ?

Why is that relevant ?

The UK doesn't get bashed like the US. In fact it's becoming a default setting to bash America.

It isnt. Bashing Trump is the thing now but that isnt bashing America. Trump isnt America.
Only a real American, or someone who understands what it means to be American, knows that Trump represents America better than any politician alive.
Ronald Reagan did it as well.

Now, what pops up in the back of your head?
Automatically Trump and Reagan are a source of ridicule.
Why is that?
Because our press....and all sources of our media, decided that Reagan and Trump were something to make fun of.
Why is that?
Because our press and our media has been taken over by anti-American influences.

I see you are on the Make Americans Look Like Idiots Again campaign.

Well, as a foreigner I'm just here for the entertainment, not to worry about problems.

But the exceptional empire feels it's in a position to chime in on what's happening everywhere, does it offend you when foreigners comment on your politics that affect them too?

:popcorn:

I see you are on the Make Americans Look Like Idiots Again campaign.

I was under the impression you already took care of that.

Why is that relevant ?

Why is that relevant ?

Only a real American, or someone who understands what it means to be American, knows that Trump represents America better than any politician alive.

Why is that?
Because our press....and all sources of our media, decided that Reagan and Trump were something to make fun of.
Why is that?
Because our press and our media has been taken over by anti-American influences.

The only US media I am exposed to is Fox which I play in my car. My views on Trump are based on what he says and does. There isnt any amount of whitewash that can make his antics acceptable to intelligent people.

But neither does it make people hate America. Its more like sympathy that you should have this dickhead trying to run things. And I am not claiming any sort of superiority here. The UK voted for Brexit which was as stupid as voting for Trump.

Stop being a victim.

Well, as a foreigner I'm just here for the entertainment, not to worry about problems.

But the exceptional empire feels it's in a position to chime in on what's happening everywhere, does it offend you when foreigners comment on your politics that affect them too?

:popcorn:

I'm with you on the entertainment value. Which politics are affecting you?

Most of them are commie/pinkos who are embarrassed to say that they are Americans who benefit from a capitalist economy.

It's worse than so called Russian interference.
At least if the Russians were doing something it was to serve their purpose.

Why is that?
Why is that?

The only US media I am exposed to is Fox which I play in my car. My views on Trump are based on what he says and does. There isnt any amount of whitewash that can make his antics acceptable to intelligent people.

But neither does it make people hate America. Its more like sympathy that you should have this dickhead trying to run things. And I am not claiming any sort of superiority here. The UK voted for Brexit which was as stupid as voting for Trump.

Stop being a victim.

UK did vote for something stupid, that Muslim mayor of their capital that is.

These leftists apparently do not stand only for treason for their own countries. Other successful countries need to go as well. In their place we need 3rd world shitholes.

Globalism seems to stand simply for the communism of the nations. Make every single one just as shitty. These guys don't rest until that is the case so of course they will be trying to collude into our politics. The solution is as simple as it has ever been. We tell them to go fuck themselves.

Hearing this guy's opinion on the wall is like hearing it from some one who was planning to come to the country illegally.

Nearly all first world countries are doing better than the USA. You have the largest economy in the world, and the most wealth, but your rankings in health, education, infrastructure, and liveability are dropping every single year. You are wasting your blood and treasure on expensive foreign wars,

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old "advisor" at the bank.

All of the G7 countries are doing better than the USA. Making the most money doesn't make you the "best" country. It means that your country is set up to successfully exploit other people and other nations.

There's a list of the best countries in the world to live in, and the US isn't even in the top 15. Every time I go to the USA, I'm struck by how dirty and run down it looks compared to Canada. My American friends who work in the health care industry say they would kill for a health care system like ours, where the focus is on patient care, not processing paperwork.

American conservatives have twice brought the world to the brink of financial collapse with their fiscal policies, and Trump has just rolled back all of the regulations and laws which were supposed to keep them from doing it again. Tax cuts and deficit spending by Reagan and Bush 43 crashed the US economy twice, and this third round of tax cuts and deficit spending will not be the charm.

Oh, yes, you've elected a wanna be authoritarian, in the pay of Russia, and you refuse to believe that really happened, but it did.

It's worse than so called Russian interference.
At least if the Russians were doing something it was to serve their purpose.

So, when you're behaving like a total jackass, and destroying the neighbourhood, you don't want your friends and neighbours saying, "Get a grip before you lose everything", you just want to continue to self-destruct without thought or consideration of what you're doing to the rest of us.

Nearly all first world countries are doing better than the USA. You have the largest economy in the world, and the most wealth, but your rankings in health, education, infrastructure, and liveability are dropping every single year. You are wasting your blood and treasure on expensive foreign wars,

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old "advisor" at the bank.

All of the G7 countries are doing better than the USA. Making the most money doesn't make you the "best" country. It means that your country is set up to successfully exploit other people and other nations.

There's a list of the best countries in the world to live in, and the US isn't even in the top 15. Every time I go to the USA, I'm struck by how dirty and run down it looks compared to Canada. My American friends who work in the health care industry say they would kill for a health care system like ours, where the focus is on patient care, not processing paperwork.

American conservatives have twice brought the world to the brink of financial collapse with their fiscal policies, and Trump has just rolled back all of the regulations and laws which were supposed to keep them from doing it again. Tax cuts and deficit spending by Reagan and Bush 43 crashed the US economy twice, and this third round of tax cuts and deficit spending will not be the charm.

Oh, yes, you've elected a wanna be authoritarian, in the pay of Russia, and you refuse to believe that really happened, but it did.

No doubt, Canada is a gorgeous country. Although if Canada had an immigration policy, or lack thereof, similar to the U.S. then Canada would be just as dirty and run down.

This post is a good example of the fear of dissent and diversity common to most on the right, illustrating how closed-mined most conservatives are, and how intolerant they are of other views and opinions.

It’s also an example of the right’s wrongheaded neo-isolationism and unwarranted contempt for other peoples, nations, and cultures.

Indeed, the views and comments of those outside of the United States should be of interest to Americans, as those views and comments can be objective and unbiased.

Wow, laughing boy decides to speak.

And instead of listening to what he's saying, you're mocking him. He's making good points.

Stop being a victim.
So it's putting one's own country first that bothers you.

Forum List

Back