Foreigners....amazing.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?
This post is a good example of the fear of dissent and diversity common to most on the right, illustrating how closed-mined most conservatives are, and how intolerant they are of other views and opinions.

It’s also an example of the right’s wrongheaded neo-isolationism and unwarranted contempt for other peoples, nations, and cultures.

Indeed, the views and comments of those outside of the United States should be of interest to Americans, as those views and comments can be objective and unbiased.

Wow, laughing boy decides to speak.

And instead of listening to what he's saying, you're mocking him. He's making good points.

What you may have missed is that for every 14 funny emojis, he makes one post.

It doesn't bother me as long as your country is doing better than the U.S.
Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.
Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old advisor at the bank.

"Doing better" will mean different things to different people so as a benchmark its meaningless.

I also think that it is irrelevant. I dont feel threatened when you comment on UK issues so I am not sure why my comments on US issues should upset you.

What happens in the US affects the rest of the world and so it is natural that foreigners should take an interest.

The UK doesn't get bashed like the US. In fact it's becoming a default setting to bash America.

Yet everyone wants to go there. :cool-45:
It isnt. Bashing Trump is the thing now but that isnt bashing America. Trump isnt America.

Yes he is.

Personally, I find it amazing that there are a number of foreigners on USMB that feel they're in a position to chime in on what's happening in the U.S. If they were actually immigrants I could understand, even if they were illegal immigrants I could understand. But foreigners, regardless of the country you live in, don't you have enough problems in your own country?

Well, as a foreigner I'm just here for the entertainment, not to worry about problems.

But the exceptional empire feels it's in a position to chime in on what's happening everywhere, does it offend you when foreigners comment on your politics that affect them too?

:popcorn:

You again? The same old tired script.

:shutupsmiley:

Does it really bother you ?
Something I discovered while traveling all over the world.....America is the only country that seems dead set on destroying it's own image. Why is that?

Because our media can be owned by foreigners. The New York Times has a major shareholder who is a Mexican billionaire. Fox News is owned by an Australian. CNN has been acting like a traitor to America since it's inception. I can tell you first-hand personal accounts of CNN giving aide and comfort to our enemies.

Murdoch is an American citizen who also owns a large chunk of the UK media. The other major right wing players are all tax exiles. The left leaning press ownership is UK based.

I am not sure if your media is better or worse than ours but ours is pretty poor.
Murdoch gave up controlling interest in Fox News to his two sons that live in the UK.
So spare me.

Sky News there.

We seem to have no problem voicing our opinions on how other countries should run their business--like Israel, for example, and Great Britain. It's every day here.
Good points.

Why is that relevant ?

Why is that relevant ?

The UK doesn't get bashed like the US. In fact it's becoming a default setting to bash America.

It isnt. Bashing Trump is the thing now but that isnt bashing America. Trump isnt America.
Only a real American, or someone who understands what it means to be American, knows that Trump represents America better than any politician alive.
Ronald Reagan did it as well.

Now, what pops up in the back of your head?
Automatically Trump and Reagan are a source of ridicule.
Why is that?
Because our press....and all sources of our media, decided that Reagan and Trump were something to make fun of.
Why is that?
Because our press and our media has been taken over by anti-American influences.

You entire post is a collection of thin skinned conservative grievance. I can think of no two US Presidents more subject to public attack and ridicule in the US media than Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and yet you whine about how Reagan is was treated in the media? Saint Ronnie gets off very lightly, considering the damage he did lives on.

Neither your press nor your media has been taken over by anti-American influences. But some of your voters simply refuse to hear that their emperors have no clothes. That is the role of the press, around the world. It is to tell you when the emperor has no clothes, whether you want to hear it or not. It is not the role of the media to cheer lead the President, as FOX News does. FOX News, which is owned by an Australian and a Saudi Prince, has a vested interest in supporting conservative policies.

Rupert Murdoch, an Australian, makes money by selling Americans that policies which are financially favourable to him personally, but which are to the detriment of the American people in general. As does Donald J. Trump. And they are doing this by telling fools like you what YOU want to hear.

FOX is the only network that is not publically owned or publically traded. All the other major media outlets are owned by large corporations, with boards of directors, who answer to shareholders, except FOX. The network that tells you what conservatives WANT to hear.

Think about that.

This post is a good example of the fear of dissent and diversity common to most on the right, illustrating how closed-mined most conservatives are, and how intolerant they are of other views and opinions.

It’s also an example of the right’s wrongheaded neo-isolationism and unwarranted contempt for other peoples, nations, and cultures.

Indeed, the views and comments of those outside of the United States should be of interest to Americans, as those views and comments can be objective and unbiased.
Yeah well look at where your idea of U.S. tolerance in the world has gotten us over the years, and where it has gotten this entire country and society over the years. I'll pass on having open tolerance on anything and everything. Got to stand for something or fall for anything.

Yeah well look at where your idea of U.S. tolerance in the world has gotten us over the years, and where it has gotten this entire country and society over the years. I'll pass on having open tolerance on anything and everything. Got to stand for something or fall for anything.

It's not "tolerance" that has gotten you where you are, but rather intolerance.

Intolerance of diversity gave you Southern Segregation. Intolerance gave you "Christian" schools where the primary purpose is to keep white kids from having to go to school with blacks. Intolerance gave you a justice system that jails young men of colour for crimes which young white boys get wrist slaps for. It goes on and on.

Most of your problems right now are due to conservative America's intolerance of liberals.

Like most on the authoritarian right you have contempt for dissent and opposing views because it frightens you.

You and others on the right are inherently intolerant and closed-minded – indeed, to be intolerant and closed-minded is a prerequisite for being conservative.

Only a real American, or someone who understands what it means to be American, knows that Trump represents America better than any politician alive.

Why is that?
Because our press....and all sources of our media, decided that Reagan and Trump were something to make fun of.
Why is that?
Because our press and our media has been taken over by anti-American influences.

You entire post is a collection of thin skinned conservative grievance. I can think of no two US Presidents more subject to public attack and ridicule in the US media than Bill Clinton and Barack Obama, and yet you whine about how Reagan is was treated in the media? Saint Ronnie gets off very lightly, considering the damage he did lives on.

Neither your press nor your media has been taken over by anti-American influences. But some of your voters simply refuse to hear that their emperors have no clothes. That is the role of the press, around the world. It is to tell you when the emperor has no clothes, whether you want to hear it or not. It is not the role of the media to cheer lead the President, as FOX News does. FOX News, which is owned by an Australian and a Saudi Prince, has a vested interest in supporting conservative policies.

Rupert Murdoch, an Australian, makes money by selling Americans that policies which are financially favourable to him personally, but which are to the detriment of the American people in general. As does Donald J. Trump. And they are doing this by telling fools like you what YOU want to hear.

FOX is the only network that is not publically owned or publically traded. All the other major media outlets are owned by large corporations, with boards of directors, who answer to shareholders, except FOX. The network that tells you what conservatives WANT to hear.

Think about that.

This explains why Obama got away with spying on the press and on congress, gave money to our mortal enemies, and granted amnesty even though he said himself that he didn't have the power to do so. Yet the press kisses his ass, and his wife's racist ass to this day.
Must be because Obama wasn't exactly what he appeared to be......Anti-American.

obama-reads-533.jpg

The press usually acts as a watchdog....but in Obama's case they shirked their responsibilities.
Could it be that:
  • Many of his administration members were married to editors in the media
  • The reason he spied on the press was so he could threaten them with legal action if they didn't do his bidding
  • Much of the press is liberal anyway....so they are of the same mindset which is extremely leftist

Nearly all first world countries are doing better than the USA. You have the largest economy in the world, and the most wealth, but your rankings in health, education, infrastructure, and liveability are dropping every single year. You are wasting your blood and treasure on expensive foreign wars,

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old "advisor" at the bank.

All of the G7 countries are doing better than the USA. Making the most money doesn't make you the "best" country. It means that your country is set up to successfully exploit other people and other nations.

There's a list of the best countries in the world to live in, and the US isn't even in the top 15. Every time I go to the USA, I'm struck by how dirty and run down it looks compared to Canada. My American friends who work in the health care industry say they would kill for a health care system like ours, where the focus is on patient care, not processing paperwork.

American conservatives have twice brought the world to the brink of financial collapse with their fiscal policies, and Trump has just rolled back all of the regulations and laws which were supposed to keep them from doing it again. Tax cuts and deficit spending by Reagan and Bush 43 crashed the US economy twice, and this third round of tax cuts and deficit spending will not be the charm.

Oh, yes, you've elected a wanna be authoritarian, in the pay of Russia, and you refuse to believe that really happened, but it did.

America is shit, according to you, but you spend an ungodly amount of time on here talking about it. Okay.

Nearly all first world countries are doing better than the USA. You have the largest economy in the world, and the most wealth, but your rankings in health, education, infrastructure, and liveability are dropping every single year. You are wasting your blood and treasure on expensive foreign wars,

Why is that relevant ?

Oh, I dunno, common sense? I also don't get financial advice from the 22 year old "advisor" at the bank.

All of the G7 countries are doing better than the USA. Making the most money doesn't make you the "best" country. It means that your country is set up to successfully exploit other people and other nations.

There's a list of the best countries in the world to live in, and the US isn't even in the top 15. Every time I go to the USA, I'm struck by how dirty and run down it looks compared to Canada. My American friends who work in the health care industry say they would kill for a health care system like ours, where the focus is on patient care, not processing paperwork.

American conservatives have twice brought the world to the brink of financial collapse with their fiscal policies, and Trump has just rolled back all of the regulations and laws which were supposed to keep them from doing it again. Tax cuts and deficit spending by Reagan and Bush 43 crashed the US economy twice, and this third round of tax cuts and deficit spending will not be the charm.

Oh, yes, you've elected a wanna be authoritarian, in the pay of Russia, and you refuse to believe that really happened, but it did.

Hmmmm. Sounds like the USA is a horrible place to live. Can you explain why tens of millions are trying to get to this country instead of wonderful Canada?

Why is that?
Why is that?

The only US media I am exposed to is Fox which I play in my car. My views on Trump are based on what he says and does. There isnt any amount of whitewash that can make his antics acceptable to intelligent people.

But neither does it make people hate America. Its more like sympathy that you should have this dickhead trying to run things. And I am not claiming any sort of superiority here. The UK voted for Brexit which was as stupid as voting for Trump.

Stop being a victim.

Actually things are pretty good under Trump; better than the Kenyan King. Less regulations, stronger military, lowest unemployment in nearly 50 years, consumer and business confidence at 20 year highs. Nobody has accomplished what Trump has.

The problem with you leftists is that you think a leader should be somebody you personally like. Somebody that dresses well, smiles all the time, never says a nasty thing about opposition including the media. We on the right view are leaders as those who can perform and do the will of the people.

Wow, laughing boy decides to speak.

You mean drive-by Clayton? :abgg2q.jpg:

We seem to have no problem voicing our opinions on how other countries should run their business--like Israel, for example, and Great Britain. It's every day here.

If that's what you see, I don't know what you're seeing. Unless somebody from another country chimes in, very seldom do we bring up other countries. The left does from time to time because they hate our country and want to tell us of all these wonderful countries where government does everything for them but wipe their ass.

Let's face it, American politics is not only interesting, but entertaining as well. I can't blame people from other countries coming here to join in. I think politics in most any other country is a bore. Here, our politics is drama, comedy, romance, and mysterious all at the same time. It's like the movie theater.

I also think in other countries they are timing about speaking against their government or leaders. Here, you can call a President or representative anything you want, and don't have to worry about a knock at the door.

I also think views from outside our country are valuable to us. They show us what we don't want to become.

Why is that?
Why is that?

Think about that.

This explains why Obama got away with spying on the press and on congress, gave money to our mortal enemies, and granted amnesty even though he said himself that he didn't have the power to do so. Yet the press kisses his ass, and his wife's racist ass to this day.
Must be because Obama wasn't exactly what he appeared to be......Anti-American.

obama-reads-533.jpg

The press usually acts as a watchdog....but in Obama's case they shirked their responsibilities.
Could it be that:
  • Many of his administration members were married to editors in the media
  • The reason he spied on the press was so he could threaten them with legal action if they didn't do his bidding
  • Much of the press is liberal anyway....so they are of the same mindset which is extremely leftist

Again, you're promoting a false narrative, one that has been hand fed to you by right wing talk radio, and FOX News, but has no basis in fact.

All of the allegations you make in this post were investigated by a Republican Congress and a Republican House, and the President was found to have done nothing wrong, nothing unlawful, and nothing that resulted in any charges being brought by any branch of government, nor were charges against Obama or any member of his administration every recommended by any department in the US government.

Since Trump was elected, he has made many false claims about Obama and FOX has dutifully repeated them as facts without proof that any of what Trump says happened, actually occurred. That doesn't make them true, that just means that FOX has ceased to function in any other capacity than as the propaganda arm of the Trump Administration.

When you are #1 you can trash talk other countries.
If you are saying the USA is #1 you are wrong. But what can a person expect from a tRumper.

Forum List

Back