Ford losing customers after discontinuing cars.... But I said that

Seems like it was a good business decision. Those cars were not profitable, and SUV, CUV, and truck sales are doing well. If they lose some customers to Toyota and Honda, that's regrettable but won't hurt the bottom line much.
Ford admitting that they are too dumb to compete with nips is certainly not a good business decision
In your mind........ Glad you're such an expert in the automotive market....... :eusa_whistle:
Wrong again

Ford and Chevy Are Losing Buyers after Discontinuing Compact Cars

Yawning
Wow! What an expert..... :rofl:

Seems like it was a good business decision. Those cars were not profitable, and SUV, CUV, and truck sales are doing well. If they lose some customers to Toyota and Honda, that's regrettable but won't hurt the bottom line much.
Ford admitting that they are too dumb to compete with nips is certainly not a good business decision

Too dumb? I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. You can't magically lower costs, just by being smart. There is no method of just "willing" the cost of production to be cheaper.
Wrong Honda, Toyota and Nissan are doing it.

Ford just admitted that nips are better than the USA

So either they are better or ford is stupid

Those are non-union. The cost of labor is lower, and thus they are able to make smaller cars and still be profitable.
Nope many of those cars are built right here

In your mind........ Glad you're such an expert in the automotive market....... :eusa_whistle:
Wrong again

Yawning
Yup car and driver is that

Too dumb? I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. You can't magically lower costs, just by being smart. There is no method of just "willing" the cost of production to be cheaper.

Those are non-union. The cost of labor is lower, and thus they are able to make smaller cars and still be profitable.
Yeah, and they are non-union.

Toyota is non-union. Honda is non-union. The costs of union labor is much higher, than that of non-union. This is well documented.

8UwP7-UQR48yuWOVZaJ06BLkc6leC0ABY7Clg1DXVji1Z8TgbWjKKOgHQpgPLbHUVhtkwIpORvo6Mosbiso0q79F-t6I6D5Qr1YvixyBFQ6RdJCprjngunK7sAlBJ3oPODx3nd_XIRLYYFhKyRUGDvqpgVm6b1kQFt5biD6-03slk_lvDiZf91rMSpy3FxvV4Rx1-gyjJ-cD6ArcDzEYHtrsgIRCNklHaE_t2KIRzxeyBcD6DUT4EWOluUDN6QhWYa3PpG5_hqTnh_V3rXwdOQGholEtLcQQs3koeobBdj0GgBYMpB9u3YQg9MgYRzFAhZz_iddDBNv5b3zbWKT8ss8USML7sCUAHdu9Xp7pfbhCeWPhkWUP3DGn8ViuG_F1imXBOPogRNQ_jQ5ZUGgvcNaPZtk95yRWf94g59ndgYI_MES-0cZxlMTzn4dUy-rnphPo5uaGstSqUJlLRjdUKBqBnXO_rseyMZQPEUfB8Mpvow3C7ZV0HmA2OYSHIz4AJgxtgczZx7RiA_MqoQuJXM0saXXnuIIYb2_m47D9F83OGXT4YASmAhP0nTF5LS7DVwDBxRWf78Y7YpUAeUHKdofvtsY6YoRuU-NJmt2XDONpmt9sl_zJ1xW_w7mu2sv9BWFpQefVW0hYlPOs0Oc3tCyZqdVuHPzOt8vftWC9Etn15oOXTvik=w437-h640-no

It's a little dated, but still fairly accurate to how different the cost of labor is, between Ford and other Domestic unionized automakers, and the Japanese ones.

But again the point is, with larger, higher value you vehicles, the domestics can still be profitable. But for smaller cheaper cars, the Japanese makers have a huge advantage that they can produce lower value cars, and still make a profit because of the lower labor costs.

No amount of intelligence can change that fact for the domestics.

Toyota is non-union. Honda is non-union. The costs of union labor is much higher, than that of non-union. This is well documented.

8UwP7-UQR48yuWOVZaJ06BLkc6leC0ABY7Clg1DXVji1Z8TgbWjKKOgHQpgPLbHUVhtkwIpORvo6Mosbiso0q79F-t6I6D5Qr1YvixyBFQ6RdJCprjngunK7sAlBJ3oPODx3nd_XIRLYYFhKyRUGDvqpgVm6b1kQFt5biD6-03slk_lvDiZf91rMSpy3FxvV4Rx1-gyjJ-cD6ArcDzEYHtrsgIRCNklHaE_t2KIRzxeyBcD6DUT4EWOluUDN6QhWYa3PpG5_hqTnh_V3rXwdOQGholEtLcQQs3koeobBdj0GgBYMpB9u3YQg9MgYRzFAhZz_iddDBNv5b3zbWKT8ss8USML7sCUAHdu9Xp7pfbhCeWPhkWUP3DGn8ViuG_F1imXBOPogRNQ_jQ5ZUGgvcNaPZtk95yRWf94g59ndgYI_MES-0cZxlMTzn4dUy-rnphPo5uaGstSqUJlLRjdUKBqBnXO_rseyMZQPEUfB8Mpvow3C7ZV0HmA2OYSHIz4AJgxtgczZx7RiA_MqoQuJXM0saXXnuIIYb2_m47D9F83OGXT4YASmAhP0nTF5LS7DVwDBxRWf78Y7YpUAeUHKdofvtsY6YoRuU-NJmt2XDONpmt9sl_zJ1xW_w7mu2sv9BWFpQefVW0hYlPOs0Oc3tCyZqdVuHPzOt8vftWC9Etn15oOXTvik=w437-h640-no

It's a little dated, but still fairly accurate to how different the cost of labor is, between Ford and other Domestic unionized automakers, and the Japanese ones.

But again the point is, with larger, higher value you vehicles, the domestics can still be profitable. But for smaller cheaper cars, the Japanese makers have a huge advantage that they can produce lower value cars, and still make a profit because of the lower labor costs.

Hondas and Toyota cars are for the most part built by Americans

Ford cars are built by no one......

No one is not union either

Can you prove that an american building a honda is paid less than an american building a ford

Need numbers

Wrong again

Yawning
Oh my, someone wrote an article you agree with and now they're the only viable expert in the field...... :rofl:

Can you prove that an american building a honda is paid less than an american building a ford

Need numbers

Do you mean other than the New York Times article directly detailing the difference in labor costs?

Foreign automakers pay from $38 to $65 per hour to non-union workers

As it stands, per-hour labor rates including benefits are $58 at General Motors, $57 at Ford, and $48 at Fiat-Chrysler

The Center for Automotive Research released a study of labor rates (including benefits) that put numbers to what the imports pay: Mercedes-Benz pays the most, at an average of $65 per hour, Volkswagen pays the least, at $38 per hour, and BMW is just a hair above that at $39 per hour. Among the Detroit competitors, Honda workers earn an average of $49 per hour, at Toyota it's $48 per hour, Nissan is $42 per hour, and Hyundai-Kia pays $41 per hour.

There you go.

Toyota to Close Only Union Factory In U.S.

There will be little celebrating come Labor Day for the thousands of union workers who’ve been anxiously waiting for the news they did not want to hear: In March, Toyota will close its New United Motor Manufacturing (NUMMI) plant in Fremont, California.

It's the company's only unionized plant in the United States.
My understanding was that Toyota had no more union plants in North America. In fact, I knew a girl who accidentally said something about unionizing (out of frustration) in a plant in Canada, and was fired the following day.

As far as I understand Toyota is absolutely not Unionized.

Wrong again

Yawning
Oh my, someone wrote an article you agree with and now they're the only viable expert in the field...... :rofl:
Technically since the article was posted to the internet after I said the same thing here, they agree with me

Ciao

Someday I will be wrong.

You will not live that long however

Other than a Mustang or Cobra I would NEVER own a Ford car, now Ford trucks on the other hand are simply the best and I've driven lots of trucks. Ford trucks handle like cars, may they never change that suspension.
Fords always have a problem with premature wear on front tires because of their front-end.....but other than that I have no problem with them. I owned a 91' Ranger and it was a pretty good truck.

Has nothing to do with me but all to do with ford who decided for us that we no longer need cars
You cannot buy cars anywhere now that Ford has decided you cannot buy a car?

Need numbers

Do you mean other than the New York Times article directly detailing the difference in labor costs?

Foreign automakers pay from $38 to $65 per hour to non-union workers

As it stands, per-hour labor rates including benefits are $58 at General Motors, $57 at Ford, and $48 at Fiat-Chrysler

The Center for Automotive Research released a study of labor rates (including benefits) that put numbers to what the imports pay: Mercedes-Benz pays the most, at an average of $65 per hour, Volkswagen pays the least, at $38 per hour, and BMW is just a hair above that at $39 per hour. Among the Detroit competitors, Honda workers earn an average of $49 per hour, at Toyota it's $48 per hour, Nissan is $42 per hour, and Hyundai-Kia pays $41 per hour.

There you go.

Toyota to Close Only Union Factory In U.S.

There will be little celebrating come Labor Day for the thousands of union workers who’ve been anxiously waiting for the news they did not want to hear: In March, Toyota will close its New United Motor Manufacturing (NUMMI) plant in Fremont, California.

It's the company's only unionized plant in the United States.
My understanding was that Toyota had no more union plants in North America. In fact, I knew a girl who accidentally said something about unionizing (out of frustration) in a plant in Canada, and was fired the following day.

As far as I understand Toyota is absolutely not Unionized.
Well since ford pays so much perhaps they should hire some Jap engineers who could figure out how Ford can make a profitable car before Ford loses 100 percent of the American car market share.

They can start by putting a muffler on the mustang that is not a thousand dollar option

Lol

See neither you or ford can win as an American by giving away share to Japan and Germany

Last edited:
Someday I will be wrong.

They were money losers.

Ford Killing “Value Destroying” Sedans Because They Lose Money Every Year

UBS analyst Colin Langan told Auto News that Ford loses approximately $800 million a year selling small cars in the United States, which stands in stark contrast to Ford’s estimated $3 billion first-quarter profit on truck and utility sales.​

Having market share, just to lose money, is not smart.

If you sold cookies, and you ended up losing a dollar for every cookie you sold, selling a million cookies, might make you the top selling cookie in your state, while you file for bankruptcy on a Million dollar loss.

Small cars have been money losers for years now.

Better to have a smaller market share, and be more profitable.
Why should I buy a truck from a company that is too dumb to build a profitable car
So, you solved your own dilemma. Don't buy from them.

Someday I will be wrong.

Other than a Mustang or Cobra I would NEVER own a Ford car, now Ford trucks on the other hand are simply the best and I've driven lots of trucks. Ford trucks handle like cars, may they never change that suspension.
Fords always have a problem with premature wear on front tires because of their front-end.....but other than that I have no problem with them. I owned a 91' Ranger and it was a pretty good truck.
Every new ranger seems to have a rattler in the dash

Has nothing to do with me but all to do with ford who decided for us that we no longer need cars
Ford is discontinuing all car manufacturing

Now you know

Knowledge is power

Ford is discontinuing all car manufacturing

Now you know

Knowledge is power
Other manufacturers make cars. Now you know. Knowledge is power.

Wrong again

Yawning
Technically since the article was posted to the internet after I said the same thing here, they agree with me

Ciao
Sooooo, it's a circle jerk....... Got it. :thup:

Ya might want to look up Confirmation Bias......... And then apply it to yourself.

Ford will be just fine. Anyone believing otherwise is an idiot.
Ford can not produce a profitable car and now they think people are all going to buy 50k trucks.

LOL in what world

Forum List

Back