Ford losing customers after discontinuing cars.... But I said that

Seems like it was a good business decision. Those cars were not profitable, and SUV, CUV, and truck sales are doing well. If they lose some customers to Toyota and Honda, that's regrettable but won't hurt the bottom line much.

• Banned
Seems like it was a good business decision. Those cars were not profitable, and SUV, CUV, and truck sales are doing well. If they lose some customers to Toyota and Honda, that's regrettable but won't hurt the bottom line much.
Ford admitting that they are too dumb to compete with nips is certainly not a good business decision

• Banned
Someday I will be wrong.

You will not live that long however

Ford and Chevy Are Losing Buyers after Discontinuing Compact Cars
Other than a Mustang or Cobra I would NEVER own a Ford car, now Ford trucks on the other hand are simply the best and I've driven lots of trucks. Ford trucks handle like cars, may they never change that suspension.
The 250 superduty is unsafe at any speed, the torque converters do nothing except create bangs that are severe enough to cause spinal issues

Other than that you are right

Someday I will be wrong.

Other than a Mustang or Cobra I would NEVER own a Ford car, now Ford trucks on the other hand are simply the best and I've driven lots of trucks. Ford trucks handle like cars, may they never change that suspension.
The 250 superduty is unsafe at any speed, the torque converters do nothing except create bangs that are severe enough to cause spinal issues

Other than that you are right
Never needed anything bigger than a 150.........

Ford admitting that they are too dumb to compete with nips is certainly not a good business decision
In your mind........ Glad you're such an expert in the automotive market....... :eusa_whistle:

• Banned
In your mind........ Glad you're such an expert in the automotive market....... :eusa_whistle:
Wrong again

Yawning

Someday I will be wrong.

They were money losers.

Ford Killing “Value Destroying” Sedans Because They Lose Money Every Year

UBS analyst Colin Langan told Auto News that Ford loses approximately $800 million a year selling small cars in the United States, which stands in stark contrast to Ford’s estimated $3 billion first-quarter profit on truck and utility sales.​

Having market share, just to lose money, is not smart.

If you sold cookies, and you ended up losing a dollar for every cookie you sold, selling a million cookies, might make you the top selling cookie in your state, while you file for bankruptcy on a Million dollar loss.

Small cars have been money losers for years now.

Better to have a smaller market share, and be more profitable.

Has nothing to do with me but all to do with ford who decided for us that we no longer need cars

Too dumb? I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. You can't magically lower costs, just by being smart. There is no method of just "willing" the cost of production to be cheaper.

Someday I will be wrong.

They were money losers.

UBS analyst Colin Langan told Auto News that Ford loses approximately $800 million a year selling small cars in the United States, which stands in stark contrast to Ford’s estimated $3 billion first-quarter profit on truck and utility sales.​

If you sold cookies, and you ended up losing a dollar for every cookie you sold, selling a million cookies, might make you the top selling cookie in your state, while you file for bankruptcy on a Million dollar loss.

Why should I buy a truck from a company that is too dumb to build a profitable car

Too dumb? I don't think it's a matter of intelligence. You can't magically lower costs, just by being smart. There is no method of just "willing" the cost of production to be cheaper.
Wrong Honda, Toyota and Nissan are doing it.

Ford just admitted that nips are better than the USA

So either they are better or ford is stupid

Someday I will be wrong.

They were money losers.

Why should I buy a truck from a company that is too dumb to build a profitable car

That's for you to choose. Why should they sell a car they lose money on?

I don't understand your question. You are not obligated to buy a Ford. If Ford isn't providing the product you want, then there are many others to buy from. That's what Free-market capitalism is all about. Find someone else that has the product you want.

I was very disappointed when Ford discontinued the Panther platform (Ford Crown Victoria, Lincoln Town Car, Mercury Marquis/Marauder), without coming out with a suitable successor to take its place. They pretty much owned the police car and taxi markets with that platform, and a very large part of the stretch limousine market as well.

Someday I will be wrong.

They were money losers.

That's for you to choose. Why should they sell a car they lose money on?

I don't understand your question. You are not obligated to buy a Ford. If Ford isn't providing the product you want, then there are many others to buy from. That's what Free-market capitalism is all about. Find someone else that has the product you want.
What you are not grasping is that Ford has just admitted that they are not able to make good business decisions concerning automobiles so they quit......

The last good Escapes were built FOR Ford - not BY Ford. The current Escape lacks the ground clearance of the earlier generation and is easily "high centered" when trying to get through moderately deep snow.

Last time I wanted an Escape replacement I had to defect from anything from Ford OR Government Motors (GM).

Those are non-union. The cost of labor is lower, and thus they are able to make smaller cars and still be profitable.

You really are self absorbed, aren't you........

Forum List

Back