Forbes: DHS purchases 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo, and hundreds of millions more...

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In a dependant and enslaved country.
DHS purchases 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo, and hundreds of millions more are expected to ordered in the near future.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America?

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it’s to “get a low price” for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.

DHS purchases 1.6 Billion Rounds of Ammo, and hundreds of millions more are expected to ordered in the near future.

1.6 Billion Rounds Of Ammo For Homeland Security? It's Time For A National Conversation - Forbes

at the height of the Iraq War the Army was expending less than 6 million rounds a month. Therefore 1.6 billion rounds would be enough to sustain a hot war for 20+ years. In America?

At 15 million rounds (which, in itself, is pretty extraordinary and sounds more like fun target-shooting-at-taxpayer-expense than a sensible training exercise) … that’s a stockpile that would last DHS over a century. To claim that it’s to “get a low price” for a ridiculously wasteful amount is an argument that could only fool a career civil servant.

There is speculation that the Obama admin is deliberately creating an ammunition shortage in order to drive up prices and keep ammo out of the hands of private citizens. In other words, these pussies on Capitol Hill are going to force gun control down our throats with or without the legislative process.

well, consider that the number one bond agent in the country is telling folks to buy gold.
I think they know that the US is about to lose the status as world reserve currency. When that happens the economy is going to collapse faster than a bullet train and flatter than a pacake. McDonald's and Caterpillar - two of the largest corporations in the US have converted their funds to foreign currency. I guess some can see what is happening or what might happen in the near future.

Without the world needing the US dollar its value will plummet and if the fed keeps printing money it will just cause higher inflation.

Aw, crap. Not this again!

You guys are really special....in the sense of special ed.

How much longer are you rightwing nitwits going to beat this dead horse, this nonsense was debunked months ago:

snopes.com: SSA/DHS Arms Purchase

Wow. This stupid shit is becoming a weekly feature on this forum. Is there like some kind of alert you idiots get reminding you it is time to post this shit again?

The ammo contracts are IDIQ contracts. Four year Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity contracts.

The DHS will actually take delivery of a maximum of 15 million rounds a year for four years. Nowhere near the 1.6 billion rounds in the IDIQ agreement.

This is fact. Proven time and time again.

Go ahead and tell us about the Army coming to round us alll up and put us in FEMA camps now.

Goddamn, you people are fucking retarded.

ATK Secures .40 Caliber Ammunition Contract with Department of Homeland Security, U.S.... -- ANOKA, Minn., March 12, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --

ATK (NYSE: ATK) announced that it is being awarded an Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) agreement from the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (DHS, ICE) for .40 caliber ammunition. This contract features a base of 12 months, includes four option years, and will have a maximum volume of 450 million rounds.

Although ATK believes that the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based on reasonable assumptions, it can give no assurance that its expectations will be achieved. Forward-looking information is subject to certain risks, trends, and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those projected. Among those factors are: changes in governmental spending, budgetary policies and product sourcing strategies; the company's competitive environment; the terms and timing of awards and contracts; economic conditions; the supply, availability and costs of raw materials and components; or reliance on a key supplier. ATK undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements. For further information on factors that could impact ATK, and statements contained herein, please refer to ATK's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and its subsequent quarterly report on Form 10-Q and current reports on Form 8-K filed with the SEC.

Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contracts

Indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contracts provide for an indefinite quantity of services for a fixed time. They are used when GSA can’t determine, above a specified minimum, the precise quantities of supplies or services that the government will require during the contract period. IDIQs help streamline the contract process and speed service delivery.

This is the source story behind the bullshit conspiracy stories:

Federal solicitations to buy the ammo are known as "strategic sourcing contracts," which help the government get a low price for a big purchase, says Peggy Dixon, spokeswoman for the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Glynco, Ga. The training center and others like it run by the Homeland Security Department use as many as 15 million rounds every year, mostly on shooting ranges and in training exercises.

Homeland Security aims to buy 1.6 billion rounds of ammo - The Denver Post

208ehrd.jpg

They said I'd be doing WHAT to them?

Lakhota:You understand just how many 15,000,000 round implies correct (forget 1.6 billion). It is complete and utter lies that they are using these for target practice, these are hollow point rounds or people killers, which are A LOT more expensive than your typical bullets you bring to the range. That would be 41,000 bullets a day. Why would DHS practice with 41,000 expensive bullets per day?\

If these were cheap bullets, 15,000,000 wouldn't be surprising at all, since if you consider 120,000 armed personal in DHS going to the range once a year, it's not that bad FOR CHEAP BULLETS. Unless they intended to gleefully waste tax payer money and scare the alert citizenry for shit and giggles, there is no other conclusion that can be reached.

Also consider these target dummies:
Law Enforcement Targets, Inc. is providing DHS and law enforcement departments all across the U.S. with targets ”designed to give officers the experience of dealing with deadly force shooting scenarios with subjects that are not the norm during training.”

These targets are called “No More Hesitation” targets. According to their website, “No More Hesitation faded background enhances the isolation and is meant to help the transition for officers who are faced with these highly unusal (sic) targets for the first time.”

The targets include “pregnant woman threat,” “older man with shotgun,” “older man in home with shotgun,” “older woman with gun,” “young school aged girl,” “young mother on playground,” and “little boy with real gun.”

Last edited:

How much longer are you rightwing nitwits going to beat this dead horse, this nonsense was debunked months ago:

For at least 2 years, snopes has been debunked as a source. It is no longer usable.
Once again a lib says "oh come on. What are you worried about. That could never happen here."...Next thing we know, it happens.

FUCK Snopes....

For at least 2 years, snopes has been debunked as a source. It is no longer usable.

Bullshit. They have links to government web sites in that link, idiot. Real evidence. Read it.

I also posted evidence these are IDIQ agreements. The government is not taking delivery of 1.6 billion rounds.

Once again a lib says "oh come on. What are you worried about. That could never happen here."...Next thing we know, it happens.

That's it? In the face of hard evidence debunking your whackjob conspiracy, that's all you have?

"I wouldn't put it past 'em!"

Seriously?

Last edited:

Bullshit. They have links to government web sites in that link, idiot. Real evidence. Read it.

I also posted evidence these are IDIQ agreements. The government is not taking delivery of 1.6 billion rounds.

That's it? In the face of hard evidence debunking your whackjob conspiracy, that's all you have?

Seriously?
And I posted the story link from Forbes. Because it doesn't fit the lib template, you dismissed it. .
Oh, let me know if you want to get into a contest of insults. I can go all day and night.
And I don't give shit about rules.
Now, you want a discussion or a street brawl?..Your call.
Snopes..Sheesh...Snopes is about as high in the cred list as Wiki.

Alex Jones, and anyone who buys his bullshit, is an idiot.

Seriously?
And I posted the story link from Forbes. Because it doesn't fit the lib template, you dismissed it. .
Oh, let me know if you want to get into a contest of insults. I can go all day and night.
And I don't give shit about rules.
Now, you want a discussion or a street brawl?..Your call.
Snopes..Sheesh...Snopes is about as high in the cred list as Wiki.

Ipse dixit.

Too afraid to look at the links in the Snopes site? Actual government links.

Too afraid to look at the IDIQ evidence I provided, I see.

Go ahead and be an idiot conspiracy theorist. That makes MUCH more sense. :lol:

So...yeah. If you are an idiot, I call them like I see them.

Last edited:
Here's a link for the conspiracy nuts: What's really behind ammo shortages across country? | Fox News Video

Fox News good enough for you?

Even FOX says the 1.6 billion purchase and conspiracy theories are bullshit!

But you'd rather believe Alex Jones? Really?

That asshole is saying our troops are going to turn on us. You understand that, you flag pin wearing, "Support Our Troops" yellow ribbon magnetic bumper sticker owning, idiots?

You fool jumped right off a cliff with Alex Jones. You did not even hesitate to buy into the idea that our troops are going to turn on us.

Critical thinking is alien technology to the perpetually credulous. You never learn.

Last edited:
You don't use hollow point ammo for target shooting, which is what Snopes is claiming.

It's very expensive to do so.

50rds - 9mm Federal LE Tactical HST 147gr. +P HP Ammo $59.95

100 - 9mm soft point - $17.25

Forum List

Back