For which sex is getting older easier?

In the words of the great Judge Judy "Beauty fades. Dumb is forever" For women who measure their self worth by their appearance, getting older must be devastating. Unless they have a sugar daddy to pay for their Botox and boob jobs.

As for myself, I think I've gotten tougher and my old man has mellowed. Not necessarily a role reversal, but rather getting a bit more like each other. Not a bad thing for sure. Its easier raising little ones to teenagers though. Big kids; big problems.

As for myself, I think I've gotten tougher and my old man has mellowed. Not necessarily a role reversal, but rather getting a bit more like each other. Not a bad thing for sure. Its easier raising little ones to teenagers though. Big kids; big problems.

Ditto.

Delilah wants to live more now.

I wanna die more now.

Seems the story will have a happy ending.

Ha ha. Although my husband never misses a day of work, he's still a big baby when he gets sick or hurt or notices a new freckle. Every ache must be cancer! Then with an evil grin, he'll say "Glad I'm going first. Soon you'll have to deal with the damn kid's unpaid parking tickets"

Well. I have a 40 year HS fest coming up.
Most of the guys look like they are auditioning to be Uncle Fester in an Adams family remake and the girls look like they just came off a cattle truck.
It's even.

For the record, I think it's harder on women than men. Men become distinguished when they get older, women tend to just get older, but, Jamie Lee Curtis is trying to change that.

And then, there's the physical things like menopause which REALLY screws with women. Men just go through a mid life crisis and buy a sports car.

Personally? I think being a woman is harder than being a dude. Have thought that all my life.

Not in every case. I've noticed in a few actresses from old movies that many who weren't necessarily pretty in their youth tended to age into attractive older women, while the ones who were considered beauties in their youth didn't always remain so in their later years.

( throwing hand up into the air ... ) Kitten!!!!!

By definition a Cougar is an older woman with money chasing young men. A Kitten is a younger woman chasing older men with money.

So...um, Masquerade, I suppose if I ask "How Much" then I don't have enough?

Oh no. Ever since I was a young girl I had a thing for older guys but it was and never will be about money. I'm all about the love factor and the gentleman factor.

As an "older" (46?) guy, I'm all about:

1. The QUITE factor
2. The sleep factor
3. The sitting in a hot jacuzzi factor.

I figure if someone attractive and female and mute could refresh me while I'm awake and in the jacuzzi, then I'd be quite satisfied.

I heard a comedian a while back say that a man can measure his success by the number of girls walking around in his house whose names he does not know.

Hmmm....I wonder if the ones chained in the basement count?

Only if they supplied their own chains. Yours don't count. Same with the bungie cords.

I've noticed in a few actresses from old movies that many who weren't necessarily pretty in their youth tended to age into attractive older women.

WTF: is it "few actresses" or is it "many?"

Regardless, could you name one?

Many of the few I found plain?

I'm thinking Barbara Bel Geddes for one. I thought she was quite plain in Vertigo, for example, but on Dallas, for a woman of her years, attractive.

Angela Lansbury is another. And Kate Hepburn.

I've noticed in a few actresses from old movies that many who weren't necessarily pretty in their youth tended to age into attractive older women.

I'm thinking Barbara Bel Geddes for one. I thought she was quite plain in Vertigo, for example, but on Dallas, for a woman of her years, attractive.

I was hoping you'd say Cher:razz:

Now that you mention it, Cher.

Now that you mention it, Cher.
Cher, living proof of the miracle of modern science.

208_large.jpg

Oh no. Ever since I was a young girl I had a thing for older guys but it was and never will be about money. I'm all about the love factor and the gentleman factor.

As an "older" (46?) guy, I'm all about:

1. The QUITE factor
2. The sleep factor
3. The sitting in a hot jacuzzi factor.

I figure if someone attractive and female and mute could refresh me while I'm awake and in the jacuzzi, then I'd be quite satisfied.

46 huh? You're just a few years older than I am. So you're good. lol

Are you trying to say here, that women talk and nag too much? Hmmm? Is that why the desire for a mute?

Forum List

Back