For those supporting amnesty....

ThisIsMe

Gold Member
Dec 16, 2017
You come home from work, walk into your living room, you see an illegal immigrant sitting on your couch, with his suitcase next to him, and he has raided your fridge and made himself something to eat. So, he is on your couch, in your living room, eating your food.

What do you do?

I'm just trying, obviously, to show how that when it hits close to home, people change their tunes.

A lot of people don't think about it like this, but to many Americans, this country is a house, the state's are the couch, and the free services they receive are the food.

So many people are too happy to spend other people's money, by pushing for amnesty and for more illegals to enter the country.

What ever happened to being American, american made, and proud to be American? What ever happened to having sovereign borders and respect for the rule of law, and laws that were good and right.

All im saying is, if you come home and see that someone has broken in and made themself at home in your house, you kick them out, which is no different than those who have broken in to our country.

You come home from work, walk into your living room, you see an illegal immigrant sitting on your couch, with his suitcase next to him, and he has raided your fridge and made himself something to eat. So, he is on your couch, in your living room, eating your food.

What do you do?
More likely that illegal immigrant has cut your lawn for you and is asking to be paid so he can feed his family. Another way to look at illegal immigrants is that they are the cream of their countries crop (exceptions are a small %). They are ones ambitious enough to get up and risk everything for a better future. They are the ones we want in our country. Amnesty, with caveats, yes, citizenship maybe, maybe not.

I'll concede that, yes, there are some illegals who are hard working, and do want a better life, and that's great. There are also some who come to take advantage of us.

Perhaps my example wasn't a good one, however, even for the ones who are hard working and want to improve their lives, we still have laws, and there is a process. If you come into our country illegally, you violate our immigration laws, and, you disrespect those who have gone through the proper channels to become legal citizens.

How about this. If we're going to allow anyone who can get here, to be able to stay, why not just open the borders, dissolve immigration laws, and just allow anyone who wants to, the ability to come and take up residence anywhere they want?

Many people like to talk about the hard working immigrant, and seem to want to discount the American citizen. There are many hard working Americans also.

I think a lot of people misunderstand, they think we don't want immigrants in our country. To the contrary, people just want them to respect our laws, do it legally, and to become American citizens.

What do you do?
I’m going to collapse into the fetal position, and post a whiny little bitch thread with no basis in reality on USMB.

What do you do?
I’m going to collapse into the fetal position, and post a whiny little bitch thread with no basis in reality on USMB.
Wanting people to follow our immigration laws makes me whiney? Ok...

What do you do?
Wanting people to follow our immigration laws makes me whiney? Ok...
You forgot the part about your whining having no basis in reality

What part was not based in reality? The example was an analogy.

Do we not have people in this country illegally? Do they not take up residence here? Do they not make use of publicly funded programs?

Forum List

Back