For those of you who think too much government spending goes to welfare...

You didn't "pay into" jack. You were taxed so others would benefit. In other words, the government robbed you of your hard earned cash so politicians could buy votes knowing that by the time you got around to collecting your "payout" that the system would collapse and you be dead broke.

I paid into it my entire working life and now I'm collecting during my retirement years - just like I was told I would.

No. you were taxed your entire life. You were robbed and your money was given to someone else.

Now you are doing the Robbing.

Duh, that's how Social Security works. What's your point?

Social Security Online - HISTORY, Ponzi Schemes vs. Social Security

Doesn't it kind of freak you out that there is more spending on pensions than education, defense or welfare?

Doesn't it bother you more that our government and people have become so corrupt that 3 of those 4 categories are completely unconstitutional for the Federal government to be involved in and the people arent up in arms about it?

What makes the constitution so sacred? I really don't understand it. The Founding Fathers - as smart as they were - didn't have it all figured out. I mean how could they? How could they predict how American society has evolved over the centuries?
You're a public school kid, aren't you? I doubt a private school would let you get away with being so fucking ignorant. Athlete too I bet.

With such disdain for the founding fathers, and ignorance of the amendment process, you should be forced to live without the rights you have as an American Citizen for half a decade or so. That way when you return to the land of the free and home of the brave, assuming you don't enjoy living in either Cuba, North Korea or Venezuela, some place that is more amenable to your political philosophy, you can appreciate them better or stay out of those of us who love individual liberty's hair.

United States Total Spending Pie Chart for 2012 - Charts

Health Care: 18%

Pensions: 16%

Defense: 15%

Education: 15%

Welfare: 11%
It's 11% higher than what it should be.

Really? That 11% includes the following:

Family and children
Unemployment
Unemployment trust
Workers compensation
Housing
Social exclusion n.e.c.
R&D Social protection
Social protection n.e.c.
Charity is not a job for government, for charity cannot be given by force, and government is all about the use of force to deprive from one source to give to another when used for charity.

Family and children
Unemployment
Unemployment trust
Workers compensation
Housing
Social exclusion n.e.c.
R&D Social protection
Social protection n.e.c.
You should drop education to 0% and Health Care to the minimum required level to service the military and on duty members of the government injured or made sick in the line of duty. That'll save another 25-32% of the budget, too.

Family and children
Unemployment
Unemployment trust
Workers compensation
Housing
Social exclusion n.e.c.
R&D Social protection
Social protection n.e.c.
You should drop education to 0% and Health Care to the minimum required level to service the military and on duty members of the government injured or made sick in the line of duty. That'll save another 25-32% of the budget, too.

Drop education to zero? Tell me, how would anyone go to college unless they were rich off their ass?

Doesn't it kind of freak you out that there is more spending on pensions than education, defense or welfare?

Doesn't it bother you more that our government and people have become so corrupt that 3 of those 4 categories are completely unconstitutional for the Federal government to be involved in and the people arent up in arms about it?

Oh sorry, you were asking me!
Well, yes!

Family and children
Unemployment
Unemployment trust
Workers compensation
Housing
Social exclusion n.e.c.
R&D Social protection
Social protection n.e.c.

Drop education to zero? Tell me, how would anyone go to college unless they were rich off their ass?
Simple. The price of college will drop because nobody can afford to pay for their bloated salaries and costs. The market will dictate.

As for basic k-12 education, it's a state's issue and should be remanded 100% to state control. There should be no publically funded universities except by states, and if so, they should be free to the populace of their state as they see fit and not charge for their admissions since tax payer money is paying for it all.

There is ZERO constitutional power for government education.

So the 10th amendment and enumeration of powers means nothing, eh?

Why not just have made the constitution 1 line long?

"The federal government has the right to do anything it sees fit as determined by them to meet the interest of the common public good."

and have done with it?

Oh that's right. It's precisely what we rebelled against! Fucking dumbass.

There is no education, welfare, health care OR social services clause in that section you link.

What makes the constitution so sacred? I really don't understand it. The Founding Fathers - as smart as they were - didn't have it all figured out. I mean how could they? How could they predict how American society has evolved over the centuries?

That's what the amendment process is for. It is nice to see that, even when given the vehicle to 'update' or otherwise change the constitution you are fine with a government that uses methods such as simply ignoring the parts they do not like.

"The federal government has the right to do anything it sees fit as determined by them to meet the interest of the common public good."

and have done with it?

There is no education, welfare, health care OR social services clause in that section you link.

Sure there is.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being.

and have done with it?

Sure there is.

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

Welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being.
You twit. By that definition, if I am made happy by the government giving me a ferarri and a mansion, it is their responsibility to do so if by giving me anything less makes me unhappy.

What kind of fucked up co-dependent fucktardery are you pimping here?

Use the whole explanation instead of parsing out what you want it to mean.

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD
Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

That means your perversion of the term 'welfare' to mean government can do anything is NOT how the founding fathers intended it to be used.

Last edited:

and have done with it?

Sure there is.
You twit. By that definition, if I am made happy by the government giving me a ferarri and a mansion, it is their responsibility to do so if by giving me anything less makes me unhappy.

Welfare
welfare n. 1. health, happiness, or prosperity; well-being. [<ME wel faren, to fare well] Source: AHD
Welfare in today's context also means organized efforts on the part of public or private organizations to benefit the poor, or simply public assistance. This is not the meaning of the word as used in the Constitution.

Are you fucking retarded? I intentionally left the modern definition off so as not to further confuse you. I only included "welfare" as it would apply to the founders' intent.

Lay down that crack pipe and contact SCOTUS.

Sure there is.

Welfare

Are you fucking retarded? I intentionally left the modern definition off so as not to further confuse you. I only included "welfare" as it would apply to the founders' intent.

Only one confused as to what 'welfare' means is you it seems. The modern definition is NOT constitutionally accurate.

Sure there is.

Welfare

Why bother with enumerating the powers then if the government can simply do ANYTHING as long as they think it is in the interest of the general welfare. By that definition they can do ANYTHING. There is nothing that could not be twisted to fit in that context. Fortunately, they enumerated the powers so that the federal government was not the all powerful dictator that you want it to be. Most politicians simply like to ignore that though since all encompassing power is rather enticing...

Absolutely nothing if we ignore it.

But personally, I like freedom. I appreciate the fact that our Founders, using the knowledge and experience of thousands of years of human history, organized, what is still, the most perfect form of government revealed to man. I like the fact that they used this knowledge to ensure that power was invested in and around the people rather than in a central bureaucracy. I like the fact that they realize that human nature does not change and recognized the need to check human nature by separating power and localizing it.

See they realized something that far too many people ignore today: That human nature has not and will not change. At least, in our fallen state. So there must be safeguards enacted to prevent tyrants, dictators, and totalitarians from overrunning the people's freedom.

They realized that in order for people to reach their fullest potential, they have to be free to govern themselves. They need government to stay out of their way and allow them the freedom to fulfiill their responsibilities. Otherwise people suffer more than they need to.

If you don't understand what's amazing about the US Constitution than you either don't understand human nature or you don't understand the Constitution. I recommend studying both.

You said this so much better than I could have. The US Constitution is indeed amazing, too bad more people don't understand exactly what it is. Scary that someone could actually believe it's not that big of a deal, because things have changed since it was written. :eek:

Forum List

Back