For people that use Ad Blocker

I keep several browsers on hand, one with as much ad-blocking as I can get. It's the one I use for this site. For some newspapers/magazines, though, the content is masked when the site senses an adblocker. For that reason, when I really want to see something enough to put up with the bullshit, I just shift to a different blocker.

Oh, and for sites that allow only a few "views" without being blocked? Easy enough to just clear away their cookies.

You do know that you can turn adblocker on and off?

how do you turn it on and off?

I have a little thing in the upper right hand corner of my screen that looks like a stop sign. When I click on that, it gives me some options, and one is to enable/disable ad blocker.

I have a thing like a red stop sign with a hand on it.
I would assume you just click on that

I keep several browsers on hand, one with as much ad-blocking as I can get. It's the one I use for this site. For some newspapers/magazines, though, the content is masked when the site senses an adblocker. For that reason, when I really want to see something enough to put up with the bullshit, I just shift to a different blocker.

Oh, and for sites that allow only a few "views" without being blocked? Easy enough to just clear away their cookies.

I have a little thing in the upper right hand corner of my screen that looks like a stop sign. When I click on that, it gives me some options, and one is to enable/disable ad blocker.

Which windows is that on? I use to have it on 8 now I just downloaded 10.

Which windows is that on? I use to have it on 8 now I just downloaded 10.

Oh, I don't know about Windows 10. I have 8 still. I would imagine that when you are online, the icon should still be located at the top right hand side of your screen though.

Use ad block plus and all I see are the threads.

I want to know why everyone doesn't use an ad blocker
To repeat what I said on another thread. The people who give us this forum put their time, efforts, and $$$$ into running it. They count of the meager $$$ from the adds to help them keep it going. If you want USMB to stay around, TURN OFF YOUR ADBLOCKER!!!!!

To repeat what I said on another thread. The people who give us this forum put their time, efforts, and $$$$ into running it. They count of the meager $$$ from the adds to help them keep it going. If you want USMB to stay around, TURN OFF YOUR ADBLOCKER!!!!!

NOPE

If it were just a matter of ads, maybe I would turn it off. Ads, however, are far more than ads. They are a privacy invasion system, so, nope from me too.

I see nothing but the forum....(and yes I used Ad Blocker Plus)

I just installed Adblock Plus for IE and it works great !!

Now this overloaded forum with all its ads works quickly for me.

Thanks !!

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Do you still see all the various pictures/stories from the Web at the bottom of the threads?
Or do you only see the message board and absolutely nothing else?
I don't see any ads or crap at all now, with Adblocker installed.

Navigation is quick and easy.

No adds, no slow running scripts, nothing.

I can't install any software on my work lap top
That's too bad. You should ask the I/T guy to either give you "administrator authority" for your computer or else have one of their tech's come over and with his secret password install it for you.

As much research as I do on the Internet I need administrator authority at work. So they gave it to me.

I need to install custom software at times as well.

All you need to do is tell them you need it, usually.

Do you still see all the various pictures/stories from the Web at the bottom of the threads?
Or do you only see the message board and absolutely nothing else?
I don't see any ads or crap at all now, with Adblocker installed.

Navigation is quick and easy.

No adds, no slow running scripts, nothing.

Nice, huh?

Forum List

Back