For people that use Ad Blocker

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
Do you still see all the various pictures/stories from the Web at the bottom of the threads?
Or do you only see the message board and absolutely nothing else?

I only see the bottom of the page ads before I log-in. Afterwards...all gone.

Part of the reason I ask is sometimes there are funny things from the web at the bottom of these threads and I'm tempted to share them, but, if everyone can see them,would make no sense....

hmmm how do find those? do you think Mozilla has it? I find USMB works much faster on Mozilla

Do you still see all the various pictures/stories from the Web at the bottom of the threads?
Or do you only see the message board and absolutely nothing else?

nothing

just the message board

and the website information

according to AB currently 8 ads are blocked

to be honest, it's not a lag or problem for me at all. I'm used to it. Plus, I won't be on here very regularly after April so, really won't be an issue then!
Seriously, it's a little laggy but not much at all

is the lag problem just on this site or everywhere

if it is just here then it is the site perhaps acting up

if it is everywhere you may have a problem starting

Part of the reason I ask is sometimes there are funny things from the web at the bottom of these threads and I'm tempted to share them, but, if everyone can see them,would make no sense....

Then odds are if you are using adblocker then another program is feeding those ads or your settings need to be adjusted. I had some other ad-on like a youtube downloader that started throwing random ads despite adblocker so I got rid of it.

I only see the bottom of the page ads before I log-in. Afterwards...all gone.

Really? I don't ever see any ads no matter what site I visit. Google Chrome Adblocker Plus. :thup:

I should have specified I was speaking about my phone. I don't see any ads while on the computer but I mostly use my cell.

I keep several browsers on hand, one with as much ad-blocking as I can get. It's the one I use for this site. For some newspapers/magazines, though, the content is masked when the site senses an adblocker. For that reason, when I really want to see something enough to put up with the bullshit, I just shift to a different blocker.

Oh, and for sites that allow only a few "views" without being blocked? Easy enough to just clear away their cookies.

I keep several browsers on hand, one with as much ad-blocking as I can get. It's the one I use for this site. For some newspapers/magazines, though, the content is masked when the site senses an adblocker. For that reason, when I really want to see something enough to put up with the bullshit, I just shift to a different blocker.

Oh, and for sites that allow only a few "views" without being blocked? Easy enough to just clear away their cookies.

You do know that you can turn adblocker on and off?

You do know that you can turn adblocker on and off?

how do you turn it on and off?

Forum List

Back