for males: favorite chick flick. for females: favorite action movie.

Favorite 'chick flick' is "When Harry Met Sally." I think the movies does an excellent job of portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief.

"portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief"

Oh fuck. I think I now have to disavow my own thread.

lol Sometimes I overdo it. Tis the writer in me.

** Disclaimer: Liability is not liable for any over the top might have to kick the guy out of the guy club posts in this thread. Any reply made by him, toward any such type posts, does not make claim or insinuation of any tacit approval in any manner by him, unless specifically stipulated otherwise.

Favorite 'chick flick' is "When Harry Met Sally." I think the movies does an excellent job of portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief.

"portraying the dance of two hearts and souls bathed in comedic tension and relief"

** Disclaimer: Liability is not liable for any over the top might have to kick the guy out of the guy club posts in this thread. Any reply made by him, toward any such type posts, does not make claim or insinuation of any tacit approval in any manner by him, unless specifically stipulated otherwise.

BGG:

You should also leave the writing of pseudo legal DISCLAIMERS to highly trained professionals.

:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

BGG:

You should also leave the writing of pseudo legal diclaimers to trained professionals.

:eusa_angel:
Point taken. :lol: Just the same, I thought it was funny.

I can't pick a favorite action flick. I like all the Diehards, Indiana Jones, Terminators, and Star Wars, though. Braveheart and Gladiator are fun, too. And good classic action films are Ben Hur and Death Wish, IMO. Oh, if the Godfathers are action films, you can probably put those on the top of my list.

Any guys like City of Angels? I don't easily cry in a lot of movies, but that one always does me in.

City of Angels was good. I didn't get teary or anything. "The Notebook" made me teary at the end.

I can't pick a favorite action flick. I like all the Diehards, Indiana Jones, Terminators, and Star Wars, though. Braveheart and Gladiator are fun, too. And good classic action films are Ben Hur and Death Wish, IMO. Oh, if the Godfathers are action films, you can probably put those on the top of my list.

Any guys like City of Angels? I don't easily cry in a lot of movies, but that one always does me in.

All excellent choices - except City of Angels.... :lol:

All excellent choices - except City of Angels.... :lol:

Yeah. Fairly tepid movie. Liked Sarah's song, however.

I would have to go with the Bourne series and Terminator 2.
How about the Godfather 1 and 2, are they considered action movies? Those would be part of my top too!

i cried in the first few minutes where the little girl died...viewing it and empathizing with how her mother felt, then later too when meg died....

and i agree on the die hards, terminator, star wars, indiana jones flicks

i cried in the first few minutes where the little girl died...viewing it and empathizing with how her mother felt, then later too when meg died....

and i agree on the die hards, terminator, star wars, indiana jones flicks

Care4:

You avie is familiar. Have you ever used it elsewhere?

Oh, and belated congrats on your assumption of the position of USMB Mod.

The original Die Hard was the best, imho.

The first two Terminators were very very good also. And, I really enjoyed the first Indiana Jones flick.

Good calls!

Favorite chick flick: The Notebook.

Didn't see it. The "why" part of the question interests me.

Tell us, if you'd be so kind, what about that movie you particularly liked....

Nicholas Sparks knows how to tell a good story. A Walk to Remember is also another good movie based on a Sparks novel.

The Notebook is just a really, really good love story. Terrific acting, as well. Joan Allen, Gena Rowlands, James Garner, Rachel McAdams, Ryan Gosling, and Sam Shepard...they all portrayed their characters perfectly. But what really gets me in the ending. I don't think anyone can watch that movie without being moved at the end, rather you cry or not is irrelevant.

Forum List

Back