Founding Era USMB Book Club

BasicGreatGuy

Aut libertas aut mors
Aug 2, 2009
Atlanta
If you would be interested in learning more about our founding history and discussing it with fellow members, please post in the thread.

The goal is for the members to read one book a month, and then discuss it / rate the book as to manner of presentation, accuracy, and importance.

Last edited:
i am more a fan of burr's....and have visited many of the places that are referenced in his life...where he shot that lying dog hamilton....i have seen hamiltons grave...lol...they arent far apart...i have visited the caves the burr hid out in in alabama....so much to your terror the only person responding ..well is me...and i am not a jeffersonian...i have been to his place too....interesting...we burst a bottle of wine in the public bathroom and have to beat out of there like bats outta hell...

I'll join, depending on what route you're going with this.

Cool. What I am wanting to do, is start off reading a book on the Seven Years War, and slowly work our way to the war of 1812. I don't mind reading more than one book on a particular segment of founding history. We can even do biographies. We can discuss the book(s) along the way, or wait until everyone has had a chance to finish the book. I figure 1 book a month minimum, on average.

I hope to help inspire others to learn about our founding history, as well as learning more myself.

I am open to suggestions. Nothing is written in stone right now.

Last edited:
Read Slavery 1619 to 1863 I believe, somewhat boring but lots of facts. I will try to find my copy and get the author's name.

I'll join, depending on what route you're going with this.

Cool. What I am wanting to do, is start off reading a book on the Seven Years War, and slowly work our way to the war of 1812. I don't mind reading more than one book on a particular segment of founding history. We can even do biographies. We can discuss the book(s) along the way, or wait until everyone has had a chance to finish the book. I figure 1 book a month minimum, on average.

I hope to help inspire others to learn about our founding history, as well as learning more myself.

I am open to suggestions. Nothing is written in stone right now.

Alright man. Sounds good.

In my opinion, the definitive book on the Seven Years War is "Crucible of War" by Fred Anderson. You can find used paperback copies cheap.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Crucible-War-British-America-1754-1766/dp/0375706364/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257728414&sr=8-9]Amazon.com: Crucible of War: The Seven Years' War and the Fate of Empire in British North America, 1754-1766 (9780375706363): Fred Anderson: Books[/ame]

If anyone has other suggestions for a Seven Years War book, feel free to speak up.

If you would be interested in learning more about our founding history and discussing it with fellow members, please post in the thread.

The goal is for the members to read one book a month, and then discuss it / rate the book as to manner of presentation, accuracy, and importance.

They have to have words in em I bet --:doubt:

Yes, that is the downside to reading. :lol:

I thought you bought those magazines for the articles?

Allan Eckert does a very good job as well, with the Seven Year War.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wilderness-Empire-Narrative-Winning-America/dp/1931672024/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_2]Amazon.com: Wilderness Empire: A Narrative (Eckert, Allan W. Winning of America Series.) (9781931672023): Allan W. Eckert: Books[/ame]

I thought you bought those magazines for the articles?

they have articles?

If two books get equal support for book of the book, how about we read both of them? Otherwise, majority vote picks the book(s) of the month. Some books will be fairly large, while others will be quick reads.

We give everyone 1 week to get the book of the month. That should be sufficient time. If someone needs a few more days, just let us know.

If two books get equal support for book of the book, how about we read both of them? Otherwise, majority vote picks the book(s) of the month. Some books will be fairly large, while others will be quick reads.

We give everyone 1 week to get the book of the month. That should be sufficient time. If someone needs a few more days, just let us know.

Sounds fair to me.

New Topics

Forum List

Back