for males: favorite chick flick. for females: favorite action movie.

What constitutes a chick flick? Why are they considered chick flicks?

I like a variety of movies...LOVED all the Matrix ones.

I don't like dumb movies, like that one that keeps playing over and over on TV, Weekend at Bernie's. Not crazy about really evil movies either.

Won't EVER watch Beaches again. :(

Actually, on lifetime network there was a movie that involved a guy who was a 'Soul Collector', (can't remember the title but I'm sure it wasn't the soul collector but then, maybe it was) and it was pretty much a Harlequin-type romance where this soul collector (and no, he wan't black or anything and I can't and won't vouch for the size of his shclong) pretty much had to go and collect the soul of the wonderfully delicious woman (who had all the usual man hang-up things) and he fell in love with her. The bottom line is that he got let go from being this collector and got to be mortal again.

Kind of SciFi'ish so I go into it....

I then turned off the show and watch a brutal match between two kick boxers...

*nods*

interesting replies so far.

I haven't seen all of the movies.

I probably also should probably "qualify" the terms. For example, one of my favorite all time movies is "Casablanca." But I don't think it fits as either a "chick flick" or an "action movie."

Actually, aside from Casablanca (which ranks right up there at the top of my chick flick list), I haven't seen a single chick flick mentioned by any other poster.

Interesting, eh? :eusa_eh:

My favorite chick flick: Casablanca or When Harry Met Sally.

Favorite dude flick: Top Gun, Van Helsing, Pearl Harbor
(do these really count as dude flicks?)

I tend not to even watch "dude flicks" as of late, so it's difficult to even name a favorite "dude flick." My son and better half tend to watch the boy stuff together and my daughter and I tend to watch the chick flicks together. Kinda makes sense--they're dudes, we're chicks--get it? ;) :D

Actually, on lifetime network there was a movie that involved a guy who was a 'Soul Collector', (can't remember the title but I'm sure it wasn't the soul collector but then, maybe it was) and it was pretty much a Harlequin-type romance where this soul collector (and no, he wan't black or anything and I can't and won't vouch for the size of his shclong) pretty much had to go and collect the soul of the wonderfully delicious woman (who had all the usual man hang-up things) and he fell in love with her. The bottom line is that he got let go from being this collector and got to be mortal again.

*nods*

City of Angels?

*nods*

City of Angels?
I really can't tell you at the moment as I'm to many beers into a good nights sleep. LOL

Nicholas Sparks knows how to tell a good story. A Walk to Remember is also another good movie based on a Sparks novel.

The movie does the novel a great disservice.

I was sobbing so hard it took me forever to get through the end of that book. The movie was... a huge disappointment.

As far as action movies, I'd have to say Raiders of the Lost Ark and the Last Crusade.

Where would Princess Bride and Blues Brothers fall? Funny ... but plenty of action :)

Last edited:
BGG:

You should also leave the writing of pseudo legal DISCLAIMERS to highly trained professionals.

:eusa_angel:

Last edited by Liability; 11-07-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: diclaimers ?? Oh my. DISCLAIMERS. Typo spotted. Liability hates typos, especially his own. Typo dead now.

I was going to say "You should leave your spelling to highly trained elementary school teachers"...

...but you fucked my joke up with your prompt correction.

FUCK YOU!

;)

My favorite chick flick is "Keeping the Faith". That movie just cracks me up because it's such a very funny love story. All of the characters in the movie are just perfect for the role.

That was the one that I was going to mention.

BGG:

You should also leave the writing of pseudo legal DISCLAIMERS to highly trained professionals.

:eusa_angel:

Last edited by Liability; 11-07-2009 at 12:50 PM. Reason: diclaimers ?? Oh my. DISCLAIMERS. Typo spotted. Liability hates typos, especially his own. Typo dead now.

I was going to say "You should leave your spelling to highly trained elementary school teachers"...

...but you fucked my joke up with your prompt correction.

FUCK YOU!

;)

If it's any consolation, your would-have-been come-back would have been funny.

Action: Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Saving Private Ryan, and too many others!

Chick Flicks; I have to think because this Chick really doesn't like Chick Flicks. Marle and Me? *shrugs* I cried like a baby with that one.

Action: Apocalypse Now, Full Metal Jacket, The Bridge on the River Kwai, Saving Private Ryan, and too many others!

Chick Flicks; I have to think because this Chick really doesn't like Chick Flicks. Marle and Me? *shrugs* I cried like a baby with that one.
I was a blithering idiot during that one. Of course, losing my Basset Hound less than a month before I watched it on PPV didn't help, either.

Forum List

Back